Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami (+3) @ Indianapolis (9-15-13)

oldunclemark

over-under - 45 points

Be careful on this one...

I like the Colts to win but, if we play conservatively, it might be by 3 points.

Miami isnt a point machine so the over-under also isn't obvious...

I think the Colts get a better shake on time of possession and field goal Miami to death something like  23-17

over-under - 45 points

Be careful on this one...

I like the Colts to win but, if we play conservatively, it might be by 3 points.

Miami isnt a point machine so the over-under also isn't obvious...

I think the Colts get a better shake on time of possession and field goal Miami to death something like  23-17

So what you're trying to say is Indy and under ? Thanks , I'll get down on it now.

if we win this game it needs to be by more then 1,2,3,4,5 points ...we win too many close games..and we get no respect for that...so Fleener NEEDS to show up...Allen needs to stay healthy and get the ball more...T.Y should be in on like 85 to 90% of the plays...the o line needa get their crap together and keep luck upright long enough to find an open WR...and to provide holes for Ballard/Bradshaw....period...all the talent on this team..no excuse or reason this team should NOT put 30 points a game

The Dolphins had a hard time with the BROWNS. Were gonna be just fine.

Indy wins 28-13

and on dolphin's forums they're saying "the colts had a hard time with the RAIDERS...we're gonna be just fine"

it goes both ways ;)

Dolphins are a good, up and coming team just like the colts.  definitely can't take them for granted.  tannehill is mobile, not as elusive or as quick as Pryor but he's a much better passer.  And they have a very stout defense.  I do think the colts pull it out but it's not going to be an easy game.

and on dolphin's forums they're saying "the colts had a hard time with the RAIDERS...we're gonna be just fine"

it goes both ways ;)

Dolphins are a good, up and coming team just like the colts.  definitely can't take them for granted.  tannehill is mobile, not as elusive or as quick as Pryor but he's a much better passer.  And they have a very stout defense.  I do think the colts pull it out but it's not going to be an easy game.

Right, but a team like the Raiders have an "X-factor." Something that is incredibly rare in the league, which makes them hard to defend, no matter WHAT team plays them. Not to mention a top-level running back and a decent defense.

The Browns are a ho-hum, run of the mill, below average franchise WITHOUT an X-factor. They are a traditional offense. 

We will win this game. No worries on my end. Our D is going to look WAY better against traditional qbs. And if the Dolphins put up points, we have one of the best qbs in the league to put up points for us.

Very confident on my end.

The Dolphins CB's faced a Browns team with no  talent or speed at WR. Well their gonna be surprised when they line up against T.Y DHB, and Wayne. T.Y is due for a breakout game were gonna take some shots down field early. The Dolphins do have  great d-line and Wake might get a sack or two but Luck's mobility and pocket awareness will negate it for the most part. The Dolphins LT Martin is a liability against bull rushes, Werner and Mathis should be able to put pressure on Tannehill and force a couple of turnovers. I think the Colts will win 27-17.

Luck 24-34 285 yards 3TD's 1INT

Some of you I think are underestimating the Dolphins here. Miami went into Cleveland, yes I know Cleveland, but still put up 23 points barely passed to Mike Wallace at all and had zero run game. Miami's strength is defense. Tannehill is a smart player and can find ways to win just as Luck does. Miami is gonna be bitter from last year. Don't take them so lightly....

We barely escaped with a W versus them last year.  Luck passed 30-48 for 433 yards, and was 13 - 19 on third down conversions.  Like we feel about our team, they feel they're much improved over last year.  They will test us, but I feel we can take it if we play disciplined ball, do not turn it over, and cut way back on the penalties (I think we had 11 flags last year!) That narrow escape last year propelled us to our playoff run, and they fell out of the running.  They'll remember and want revenge, for sure. We need to be prepared and focused.

We barely escaped with a W versus them last year.  Luck passed 30-48 for 433 yards, and was 13 - 19 on third down conversions.  Like we feel about our team, they feel they're much improved over last year.  They will test us, but I feel we can take it if we play disciplined ball, do not turn it over, and cut way back on the penalties (I think we had 11 flags last year!) That narrow escape last year propelled us to our playoff run, and they fell out of the running.  They'll remember and want revenge, for sure. We need to be prepared and focused.

Someone gets it.  I understand you want to predict everything goes right for the team, blowout, etc. but be reasonable. Luck had to have his best game for your team to only win by 3 last year. 

The team that wins the turnover battle, plays hard for 60 minutes, has the ball bounce their way at least once more than their opponent, and doesn't suffer any key injuries will likely win the game.....

.....well, that and scoring more than the other team doesn't hurt.

Indy wins 28-13

Initially, Miami was struggling to move the ball against the Browns, one of the toughest front sevens in the NFL. 

But, in the second half, Miami's passing attack was moving the chains pretty consistently against that defense. Tannehill didn't light up the stat sheet, but he was a big part of the reason why Miami did win. 

I will say, I think Luck is on the verge of being the next great quarterback in the league. Reggie Wayne has found the fountain of youth to help Luck's development. 

I hope your Colts team just realizes what it takes to build a champion. You've got the QB, but I'm questioning the protection and running attack. 

Miami's defense is legit, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan of the team. They held Trent Richardson to 47 yards and pressured Weeden almost 30 times. That was against a Browns offensive line that was supposed to "control the LOS" according to experts, who mostly picked the Browns to win. 

I think Miami's a much more difficult test for your offense than Oakland was, and I even believe Miami's offense is more of a test than Oakland's was as well.

Miami's line is not great, and Cleveland's stinginess proved that, especially against the run. 

Vontae Davis is no Joe Haden, and I think Mike Wallace will have more opportunities than his 1 reception and several targets. If the line of scrimmage isn't neutralized, and Lamar Miller gets free, look out, because he can house it, quickly. 

Miami's got some injuries in the secondary, so Brent Grimes against Reggie Wayne and pretty much scrubs lined up against Heyward-Bey and Hilton, which scares me. Miami's a pressure defense, and that will definitely be the formula on Sunday. 

I think it's a close game, but even though Miami's offense struggled against Cleveland, they still put up 23 points, which is better than last year's average. The receiving corps is much improved, and Tannehill was money last game. If he's on again (we'll see if he remains consistent) then it's going to be a very tight game. 

If Miami wins the turnover battle, they should have a good shot at winning this game. 

If Miami's running game is abysmal again, you guys will roll. 

I still see a close game. 

We're going to do just fine against the Fins. Cleveland ran the ball 13 times against them.  They weren't able to control the time of possession.  They didn't put any pressure on the Miami defense.  Pretty sure we will.  Our offense is far better than Cleveland's.  Pep and the team will adjust from game 1 and they'll take advantage of the speed we have in DHB and TY.

On the defensive side of the ball, I wouldn't be too worried about containing their RBs.  We did a decent job on McFadden besides for that goal line TD - he was stuffed for the most part.  Mike Wallace is whatever.  He's got speed but I'm not too worried about him since he's such a streaky player.  Brian Hartline is a possession receiver and we definitely need to make him uncomfortable with our coverage early and often.  I don't think we'll be sacking Tannehill more than 2 times this game, but as long as we pressure him enough to make dumb throws, we'll be fine.

Anyways... bottom line is, Cleveland should run the ball more so T-Rich gets me more fantasy points.  :thmup:

Right, but a team like the Raiders have an "X-factor." Something that is incredibly rare in the league, which makes them hard to defend, no matter WHAT team plays them. Not to mention a top-level running back and a decent defense.

The Browns are a ho-hum, run of the mill, below average franchise WITHOUT an X-factor. They are a traditional offense. 

We will win this game. No worries on my end. Our D is going to look WAY better against traditional qbs. And if the Dolphins put up points, we have one of the best qbs in the league to put up points for us.

Very confident on my end.

I'd say the Browns aren't as bad as people make out, they are held back by the QB. If they had Tannehill say I think they could be quite competitive. Their D is pretty decent IMO, not special but solid enough and I'd take their O line over ours. 

Indy wins 28-13

We had a hard time with Oakland......so....

I see us as the better team and we have the homefield. I like us in this one, and I look for a more aggressive, spread out and faster offensive plan to be in place. 

Initially, Miami was struggling to move the ball against the Browns, one of the toughest front sevens in the NFL. 

But, in the second half, Miami's passing attack was moving the chains pretty consistently against that defense. Tannehill didn't light up the stat sheet, but he was a big part of the reason why Miami did win. 

I will say, I think Luck is on the verge of being the next great quarterback in the league. Reggie Wayne has found the fountain of youth to help Luck's development. 

I hope your Colts team just realizes what it takes to build a champion. You've got the QB, but I'm questioning the protection and running attack. 

Miami's defense is legit, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan of the team. They held Trent Richardson to 47 yards and pressured Weeden almost 30 times. That was against a Browns offensive line that was supposed to "control the LOS" according to experts, who mostly picked the Browns to win. 

I think Miami's a much more difficult test for your offense than Oakland was, and I even believe Miami's offense is more of a test than Oakland's was as well.

Miami's line is not great, and Cleveland's stinginess proved that, especially against the run. 

Vontae Davis is no Joe Haden, and I think Mike Wallace will have more opportunities than his 1 reception and several targets. If the line of scrimmage isn't neutralized, and Lamar Miller gets free, look out, because he can house it, quickly. 

Miami's got some injuries in the secondary, so Brent Grimes against Reggie Wayne and pretty much scrubs lined up against Heyward-Bey and Hilton, which scares me. Miami's a pressure defense, and that will definitely be the formula on Sunday. 

I think it's a close game, but even though Miami's offense struggled against Cleveland, they still put up 23 points, which is better than last year's average. The receiving corps is much improved, and Tannehill was money last game. If he's on again (we'll see if he remains consistent) then it's going to be a very tight game. 

If Miami wins the turnover battle, they should have a good shot at winning this game. 

Oh you can count on the Dolphins running game to be ineffective. We are stout against the traditional running game as well.   I keep hearing people talk about the improvement of the Dolphins WR core but I don't see where the "much improved" is coming from other than the addition of Mike Wallace who can be inconsistent at times. The rest of the group appears to be the same bunch from last year other than maybe Gibson who I feel we should not have a big issue taking out of the mix.

I do agree it will be a really competitive game though.

Indy wins 28-13

For the love of God...

Oakland was a near universal pick as the worst team in the league prior to week 1 and the Colts had to come back to beat them at home.  Miami may have struggled with the Browns at least initially but they freaking won.  On the road no less.

The point is nether of those games last week impacts what happens this week.

Fail of a post.

Oh you can count on the Dolphins running game to be ineffective. We are stout against the traditional running game as well.   I keep hearing people talk about the improvement of the Dolphins WR core but I don't see where the "much improved" is coming from other than the addition of Mike Wallace who can be inconsistent at times. The rest of the group appears to be the same bunch from last year other than maybe Gibson who I feel we should not have a big issue taking out of the mix.

I do agree it will be a really competitive game though.

I expect the running game to get back on track this week. Not 150+ yards but 60-80 yards will do. "Much improved" ? Its an upgrade from just Bess and Hartline last year so there's definitely an improvement. If anything, you heard how much improved the receiver core as a whole was. If Keller was healthy this could be a pretty good offense. Gibson is the wild card and will most likely get the bulk of receptions so your assumption of taking him out of the mix won't be as easy as you think especially considering Wallace's speed against Vontae and the fact that Hartline had his career game against Toler in Arizona. 

We usually find ways to beat teams at home we should beat even if it's ugly. And I believe we should beat the Dolphins and the team will show a lot more intensity then they did vs. Oakland.

Besides, we need this game considering the teams we have coming up on our schedule. The first two games I just about considered must wins at home and I hate to say that so early in the season.

We usually find ways to beat teams at home we should beat even if it's ugly. And I believe we should beat the Dolphins and the team will show a lot more intensity then they did vs. Oakland.

Besides, we need this game considering the teams we have coming up on our schedule. The first two games I just about considered must wins at home and I hate to say that so early in the season.

8-1 at with that Luck kid and a play away from being 9-0 at home with him.

Come into our house & let us show you a rude welcome Fish Fans! You are so overrating your team. Some way your not even the 2nd best in your division but you think you are gonna come in our HOUSE & beat Luck & Co makes me want to start LARONING! Bring it Fish!