Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami (+3) @ Indianapolis (9-15-13)

oldunclemark

if we win this game it needs to be by more then 1,2,3,4,5 points ...we win too many close games..and we get no respect for that...so Fleener NEEDS to show up...Allen needs to stay healthy and get the ball more...T.Y should be in on like 85 to 90% of the plays...the o line needa get their crap together and keep luck upright long enough to find an open WR...and to provide holes for Ballard/Bradshaw....period...all the talent on this team..no excuse or reason this team should NOT put 30 points a game

We have talent but it isn't overwhelming talent. It isn't Manning, james, Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Glenn, Deim, Saturday talent. I don't know much about Miami but we definitely need to defend the run better and pass block better

Also, I don't care about getting respect. Wins are wins and losses r losses. Every year in the NFL it comes down to who gets hot at the end of the year. That's it. Play well enough to contend and get hot at the end. 

Come into our house & let us show you a rude welcome Fish Fans! You are so overrating your team. Some way your not even the 2nd best in your division but you think you are gonna come in our HOUSE & beat Luck & Co makes me want to start LARONING! Bring it Fish!

Well, first of all, dolphins aren't fish.  Second, who's saying the Dolphins aren't the 2nd best team in their division?  Talent wise, the Colts and Dolphins are very close imo, along with the Bengals.  these are 3 very young but talented teams on the rise.  None of them are going to go down without a fight.  

Colts 23  Dolphins 17

I think after another Irasy tweet the team will be forced into showing some form of reaction, not that could prove to be negative if they try to force things too much, but in preseason it did seem to make them step up slightly. I think we'll see a good but close game (much the same as last season). 

Bone for Tuna Dolphins, here's to a better spectacle then both our respective games in Week 1.

For the love of God...

Oakland was a near universal pick as the worst team in the league prior to week 1 and the Colts had to come back to beat them at home.  Miami may have struggled with the Browns at least initially but they freaking won.  On the road no less.

The point is nether of those games last week impacts what happens this week.

Fail of a post.

First of all, SO DID WE!

Secondly, THAT was a fail of a post because you just used the same argument AGAINST the Colts and FOR the Dolphins. A little contradictory there.

I will repeat myself from earlier.  THE ONLY REASON that we even REMOTELY struggled against Oakland was the INSANE athleticism of Pryor. We handled there defense easily in the first half, and there offense for the most part. Then in the second half, we had some stalled drives, but it was Pryors ability to change the game into backyard football that accounted for there scores. 

And yes, to your point, the games from last week will probably have nothing to do with this week. But we are NOT the Browns, and  Ryan T. is nowhere near as athletic as Pryor. Our D will be very good against more traditional qbs and our Offense will have a big game.

Hello there. I'm a Dolphins fan dropping in. I think the Colts have a good chance to win it but it will be close. 23-20 maybe. And here is why I think.

Dolphins passing offense is much improved. Wallace, Hartline and Gibson are really good receivers. Hartline is super consistent and you only have one Vontae Davis. Hartline and Tannehill have visibly improved over the last year. If you guys focus on Wallace then Hartline and Gibson will put up good numbers. And Ryan Tannehill is playing super efficient. Very accurate short to intermediate passes and very few interceptions. None in the preseason at all and one in the last game that was tipped. He's becoming a very good QB. 

On the offensive line Miami has some issues. Right side is a bit wobbly. The OL had problems in the first half against the Browns really good front 7. In the second half the line firmed up and the offense shredded them for 17 more points to win. Your defense has good players but I don't think it's as solid as the Browns defense so Hartline should put up some points.

Our running game is meh. Letting Reggie Bush go was a mistake. But Lamar Miller should be able to get some traction against your line. And he's capable of making the big play if he gets open.

The defense is insanely good. Cleveland has one of the top offensive lines in the league and the Phins sacked Weeden 6 times and pressured him more times than I can remember. Luck is a much  better QB with better targets. But your OL isn't nearly as good as I understand it. So Luck is going to get pressured and probably sacked a few times. As for rushing? You will probably have under 100 yards rushing. The defensive line is REALLY good with 3 former probowlers in Cameron Wake, Paul Solia and Randy Starks. And the young guys Olivier Vernon. Dion Jordan and Jared Odrick are really good. I could see all of them being future probowlers. 

Honestly, with our defense and our new passing game if you didn't have Andrew Luck I would say it's an automatic win for the Dolphins. But you do have Andrew Luck and he is very, very good and you are at home so I think Colts up by 3 is fair. I think the game comes down to beating our pass rush. If luck is able to pass at will it's game over.

Anyway, nice talking to you all and I hope it's a good game this weekend.

Oh, one more thing that I think is a bit funny. You guys went from a Hall of Fame QB to a potential Hall of Famer in Luck. The Dolphins did something similar. We went from sackmaster Jason Taylor to sackmaster Cameron Wake. Watching him rush a QB is a thing of beauty. When you come from a team that's been starved of touchdowns for years you begin to appreciate what you do have. :)

We have talent but it isn't overwhelming talent. It isn't Manning, james, Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Glenn, Deim, Saturday talent. I don't know much about Miami but we definitely need to defend the run better and pass block better

Also, I don't care about getting respect. Wins are wins and losses r losses. Every year in the NFL it comes down to who gets hot at the end of the year. That's it. Play well enough to contend and get hot at the end. 

i agree

First of all, SO DID WE!

Secondly, THAT was a fail of a post because you just used the same argument AGAINST the Colts and FOR the Dolphins. A little contradictory there.

I will repeat myself from earlier.  THE ONLY REASON that we even REMOTELY struggled against Oakland was the INSANE athleticism of Pryor. We handled there defense easily in the first half, and there offense for the most part. Then in the second half, we had some stalled drives, but it was Pryors ability to change the game into backyard football that accounted for there scores. 

And yes, to your point, the games from last week will probably have nothing to do with this week. But we are NOT the Browns, and  Ryan T. is nowhere near as athletic as Pryor. Our D will be very good against more traditional qbs and our Offense will have a big game.

I really don't think you know what you are debating.

Once the Colts get more Ryan Deim level talent they will be set.....I kid

over-under - 45 points

Be careful on this one...

I like the Colts to win but, if we play conservatively, it might be by 3 points.

Miami isnt a point machine so the over-under also isn't obvious...

I think the Colts get a better shake on time of possession and field goal Miami to death something like  23-17

Colts 24  Miami 21

I just find it easier to believe that the Colts will be 2-0 an home than Miami being 2-0 on the road.