Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Angerer could possibly miss week 1. (Merge)

Dustin

Colts ILB Pat Angerer is in danger of missing Week 1 due to concussion-like symptoms.

Angerer suffered the concussion in Indianapolis' preseason finale. The Colts could be down to their No. 4 inside linebacker next to Jerrell Freeman, as Kavell Conner (ankle) is out for Week 1. The No. 4 option is Kelvin Sheppard. Sep 6 - 1:16 PM

Apparently he sustained this hit in the Cincy game, played 22 more snaps and also practiced Monday-Wednesday. Why wouldn't he go to the trainers sooner? There is a quote on twitter of Pat saying "He just thought it would go away."

That is the big elephant in the room. Hits to the head can seriously affect ones judgement.

Apparently he sustained this hit in the Cincy game, played 22 more snaps and also practiced Monday-Wednesday. Why wouldn't he go to the trainers sooner? There is a quote on twitter of Pat saying "He just thought it would go away."

Because he knows he already has the injury prone label

So, Sheppard and who goes with Freeman?

Edit: I see now. Harvey is healthy as well. So Sheppard, Harvey, Freeman, & maybe Connor

@gregrakestraw: #Colts injury updates from today: Kavell Conner has been ruled out for Sunday's game.

@gregrakestraw: #Colts injuries: If Angerer can't go, Freeman and Shepherd will start at ILB, with Harvey as the backup.

If you watch any of the several plays where Pats man blows by him and is running free, you should be able to notice he is chasing them and looking very slow, on a right foot that does not look healthy.

IMO, they are choosing to put an "OLSON" on the field. :dunno:

Seeing isn`t always believing here.

@gregrakestraw: #Colts injuries: Anthony Castonzo is full go. Pagano credits medical staff and Castonzo for putting in the time during rehab. Long hours.

So he will be playing at less than 100%. Oh boy!

Andrew knows what that means.

A decent LG & RT and run for your life. Save him Stanley, and Ahmad!! :rawr:

So he will be playing at less than 100%. Oh boy!

Andrew knows what that means.

A decent LG & RT and run for your life. Save him Stanley, and Ahmad!! :rawr:

The tweet said "Full go" I don't believe that means anything less than 100%. I really don't think Pagano would out our franchise T out there in danger if he wasn't 100% against a team like the Raiders where we probably won't even need him. That would be pointless. If he wasn't ready to go on Sunday they would've ruled him out like they did Connor

Found this story over at ESPN.com....

Sounds reasonably serious.... I would have to speculate that Angerer is questionable at best....

Would not be surprised if he's held out...

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/343/angerer-diagnosed-with-a-concusssion

http://forums.colts.com/topic/20262-angerer-could-possibly-miss-week-1/#entry552026

Angerer needs a nickname at this point...."fragile Pat", "Mr. China Doll",  The S.A.M. (see angerer mend)...."Roy Hall" 

Help me out

So guys give 100% and wind up with broken down bodies because of the violent nature of the game (Roy Hall nearly killed Cedric Killings on the field on a kickoff hit, which also seriously injured him), and we give them mocking nicknames for it?

Why not rip on Eric LeGrand for having a glass spine while we're at it?

This makes me ANGRY! Really, though, that sucks. Hopefully it's not on the more serious side of concussions.

I, too, am beginning to worry about Angerer being injury prone. However, he's quite a talent and it's not worth giving him up on him yet. At the same time, the Colts need to have in the back of the minds that they don't need another Sanders/Stokely/Collie who hardly ever sees the field. He's hasn't reached that point, but if he does they'll need to pull the trigger.

Until then, let's just give Pat the benefit of the doubt, wish him a speedy recovery, and hope he can stay that way while playing hard.

Afterall, it isn't THE ANGRY DOME without him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTsfwbzvME8