Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Press your Luck (9-8-13) Oakland

oldunclemark

Everybody's favorite game show returns as Andrew Luck begins year two with a better line...a better receiving core

..and a offensive coordinator who 'says' he insists on running the ball more....

Give us Andrew's offensive numbers for the 20134 season opener against Oakland.

Keep in mind. Its Oakland and the Colts may be ahead most of the game

Lets try 24 of 29, 255 yards, 2 TDs, one INT

i don't think he throws the ball 40+times, butif he does and we win, i still call it a success

He threw less than 30 times in the win @ Jax last year.  That's what I expect here.  If we can't go ball control against them, we're not doing it against anyone.

The Raiders will probably start Pryor.  They're a mess, but the first game is always different.   

If he throws 65 times and wins, it's a success.

They're striving for balance but that won't always happen.

I mean, I understand that. But I wanna see more balance than last year. 48 times is just too much imo. We have a talented backfield. Just wish our hogs up front will understand that and open holes up for them

I mean, I understand that. But I wanna see more balance than last year. 48 times is just too much imo. We have a talented backfield. Just wish our hogs up front will understand that and open holes up for them

Hey, I want to see some balance too, but if the running game doesn't get going in some games, I really hope the Colts don't hesitate to go pass heavy.

If our offense can't do what it wants against the lowly Raiders, then we're really going to struggle against the better teams.

I'm thinking 21-30 for 275 yards and 2 TD's... 0 Int....

I think we'll rush for 150 yards....

25-30 350 yds 3 TDs 0 INTs

2 perfect examples of what I'm looking for week 1

1 interception? You're giving the Raiders defense too much credit lmao

I don't think it will be anything Oakland does...it just seems like there is always a tipped pass or something. Something like that tip off of Havili's fingers against Cleveland a couple weeks ago. Or maybe Andrew will just feel generous and give them one to make things more exciting!

They do have Tyvon Branch, Charles Woodson, DJ Hayden, Mike Jenkins, and Tracy Porter in that secondary. That's not a bad group by any means

It was a joke HTown -__-

Even though Charles Woodson was majority responsible for Reggie Wayne's 200+ receiving game last season. So maybe it wasn't a joke

They do have Tyvon Branch, Charles Woodson, DJ Hayden, Mike Jenkins, and Tracy Porter in that secondary. That's not a bad group by any means

Woodson and Porter are awful. Branch is good, the other one is a rookie, and Jenkins is mediocre.

Luck will tear em up.

I do love these threads! So glad football is *almost* back!

I think our boy Luck goes 18-29, 233 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT and we end up running it a lot in the second half sitting on a pretty comanding lead. We'll cover that 9 points we're favored by and it could be up to around 10 by kickoff.