Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kerwynn Williams signed to Practice Squad

BlueShoe

This squad has quite the potential, Adongo, Rogers and now Williams. Half that squad could be starters in a few years if they reach their potential.

It is good use of the practice squad. We have players that need to fine tune skills, and at least in one case learn what it takes to be a pro. 

This squad has quite the potential, Adongo, Rogers and now Williams. Half that squad could be starters in a few years if they reach their potential.

Adongo, what a story if he makes it to a game roster. He'll have many choices for who writes his book. I didn't want to see K. Williams in another uniform.

Now we can either keep Dominique Jones as our reserve tight end or replace him with someone better.  I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced him with Justice Cunningham though.  I think they are interested in developing him.

We'll see!  Dominique is always on the chopping block.

I think we can develop Sheldon Price, but I wouldnt be surprised if they bought in a better talent than him as well.

With this addition we're now at the max number for PS.

PS is now at 8 (max number): QB Chandler Harnish, OL Thomas Austin, RB Kerwynn Williams, LB Daniel Adongo, TE Dominique Jones, LB Josh McNary, WR Da'Rick Rogers, CB Sheldon Price.

I could very well see us releasing Dominique Jones & signing Justice Cunningham to PS.

What exactly is the practice squad?

A group of players that can partake in training but cannot play in actual games?

Yup.  You'll see them on the sidelines during games (if you recognize them).  They'll be dressed in street clothes.   On the flipside of that, out of the 53 players on the active roster, only 46 are allowed to be active on gameday.  

PS players are compensated every week they are on the Practice squad (min they can make is $6000 per week), and if another team wants to take one of our guys, they will be automatically signed to that team's active roster for at least 3 weeks.  

Yup.  You'll see them on the sidelines during games (if you recognize them).  They'll be dressed in street clothes.   On the flipside of that, out of the 53 players on the active roster, only 46 are allowed to be active on gameday.  

PS players are compensated every week they are on the Practice squad (min they can make is $6000 per week), and if another team wants to take one of our guys, they will be automatically signed to that team's active roster for at least 3 weeks.  

Awesome.

Thanks for the info.

PS is now at 8 (max number): QB Chandler Harnish, OL Thomas Austin, RB Kerwynn Williams, LB Daniel Adongo, TE Dominique Jones, LB Josh McNary, WR Da'Rick Rogers, CB Sheldon Price.

I could very well see us releasing Dominique Jones & signing Justice Cunningham to PS.

From what I understand Adongo is exempt from counting towards 8 players. I will try to find out for sure.

According to the NFL collective bargaining agreement Article 33 section b one player is exempt if he is not a US citizen or has a different residence. He is subject to the same rules as any other player on the PS except he is not allowed to sign a contract with another NFL team. It also states the exempt player can stay on the PS 3 years after his initial year. So it looks like the Colts have 4 years to teach Adongo if they chose to without another team signing him.