Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts make roster moves now at 78

CS Colts Fan

The Indianapolis Colts today waived the following players: CB-Johnny Adams, CB-Allen Chapman, G-Danous Estenor, DT-Kellen Heard, P/K-Brandon McManus, RB-Davin Meggett, LB-C.O. Prime, C-Rick Schmeig and S-Ashante Williams. WR-Maurice Williams was waived with an injury settlement and CB-Teddy Williams was waived-injured. The team also placed OLB-Lawrence Sidbury on Injured Reserve.

from colts.com

http://blogs.colts.com/2013/08/25/indianapolis-colts-make-roster-moves-23/

• LocationIndiana

Posted Yesterday, 06:01 PM

Brandon Mcmanus P-1

Daniel Adongo LB-2

Robert Hughes FB-3

Mario Harvey ILB-4

Danous Estanor G-5

Ashante Williams S-6

Allen Chapman CB-7

C.O. Prime ILB-7 (really disappointed in this one, he had the best shot out of these cuts I thought prior to pickup of Sheppard)

Austin Thomas G-8

Davin Meggett RB-9

Lee Ziemba G-10

Jeremy Kelley WR-11

Bradley Sowell G-12

Teddy Williams CB-13

Sergio Brown S-14

Maurice Williams WR-15

1 Punter

1 RB

3 LB's

3 Guards

2 Safeties

2 WR's

1 FB

2 CB's

This is what my cut list looked like

lol why would they waste a valuable spot on something they dont need

No LOL at all....he was a weapon, and Will be a cker in this league.   AV is still kicking well, and some like to look to the future.....42, 43 44....AARP  :)

I hope some way we can keep McManus in our plans....

No surprise whatsoever on Prime.  He was cut early in camp and brought back same day due to injury.  Harvey saw his first action last night.  He is our best LB on Special teams (He may not make the team as you say)...although last night Conner did some real nice things.   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!  

No TRUE surprises however.

It doesn't matter if VInatieri is 50... if he can still kick (like he's doing now), then the Colts don't have to cut him. Next year's draft is filled with some great kickers and there 5 solid kickers on the market in FA next year.

We definitely don't have to keep McManus in our plans, although he's not bad and I wouldn't mind seeing him on the PS, but it's not a must to keep him, especially considering that AV is looking the way he is.

He's 6ft5, runs a 4.37 and really with brazil's suspension, we only have 4 decent WRs, we will need someone to fill in. Him or chris owusu if the bucs release him.

I'm aware of of his measurables.....doesn't change the fact that he stinks

Sheldon Price should make the team, he's the only CB other then Vontae and Toler that has the size and speed to play on the outside.

He has to show something in practice.  His coverage against the Bills was nonexistent.  I had been rooting for him, and Allen Chapman was playing better in games, and he just got cut.  He MUST be showing something in practice???  I personally am amazed Price did not get cut...he has been lost in this defense to this point.

It doesn't matter if VInatieri is 50... if he can still kick (like he's doing now), then the Colts don't have to cut him. Next year's draft is filled with some great kickers and there 5 solid kickers on the market in FA next year.

We definitely don't have to keep McManus in our plans, although he's not bad and I wouldn't mind seeing him on the PS, but it's not a must to keep him, especially considering that AV is looking the way he is.

His middle name Blanda?  :)

He's 6ft5, runs a 4.37 and really with brazil's suspension, we only have 4 decent WRs, we will need someone to fill in. Him or chris owusu if the bucs release him.

It doesn't make sense to bring him in when the Colts have to cut 25 more players before the end of next week.

He doesn't know the system, he doesn't really have any special teams value, he has some injury problems, and wouldn't challenge for much playing time.

It would be useless to bring him in because most of the receivers now are better and more valuable than he would be. 

Now isn't the time to start looking for some players to sign, but rather figuring out who to cut. 

He has to show something in practice.  His coverage against the Bills was nonexistent.  I had been rooting for him, and Allen Chapman was playing better in games, and he just got cut.  He MUST be showing something in practice???  I personally am amazed Price did not get cut...he has been lost in this defense to this point.

He has a ton of potential, 6'2 CB with 4.4 speed is rare. He was nonexistent vs Bills but he played a lot better vs Giants and Browns. With the right coaching i think he could be a good CB.

It usually a good thing when a player who made final roster last year didn't survive 1st round cuts (heard) that or he took a step back which I felt he didn't.

No I don't think he did either. Just shows you how mucho we've improved out d line. Awesome!

This could take a while, there is much more to it then evaluating and saying so and so will be cut, Some of these players avoid the guy that is sent to tell them that they are cut like a plague if said player knows he is on the bubble......But from what I understand the player has to report by a certain time