Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

Still should trade him for a high draft puvk before its too late. Allen is a beast, and Cunningham appears to be capable.

Really?    After one year, an average rookie year,  and one training camp, where by all accounts he looks great,  you still want to trade him?    Really?    Seriously?

For the life of me,  I have no idea why.....

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Antoine back at practice today? Didn't see anything on him?

Thanks to all for all of the updates. I think this is the closest I've EVER felt to being in camp!

No, still with his newborn at home. Probably be back next week. But I'm sure Pagano, Irsay, & Grigson respect that & don't mind him missing a few days given the situation

More updates from today after practice

George Bremer @gmbremer 4m
Wayne said he tells DHB every day he'd love to have his body type. Said bad rep stays with the Raiders, #Colts fans will see different WR.

George Bremer @gmbremer 8m
Reggie Wayne with high praise today for DHB. Said he could join the same class as Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson. #ColtsCamp

Wayne on the WR corps overall: "Still Smurfs. We're still a young team." #ColtsCamp

More updates from today after practice

George Bremer @gmbremer 4m

Wayne said he tells DHB every day he'd love to have his body type. Said bad rep stays with the Raiders, #Colts fans will see different WR.

Reggie Wayne with high praise today for DHB. Said he could join the same class as Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson. #ColtsCamp

Wayne on the WR corps overall: "Still Smurfs. We're still a young team." #ColtsCamp

sounds like good news

I haven't heard very much of anything about Rodrick Rumble or Nathan Palmer. I heard positive things about Jeremy Kelley, though nothing particularly exciting. Lanear Sampson and Jabin Sambrano have been in the mix, shagging punts. But Rumble and Palmer, I don't remember anything about either of them.

Tyler Brooke @T_Brookey 2h

Sheldon Price just had a nice interception Downfield.

Jeremy Kelley just made the play of the day. Juggling catch with a defender on him in the back corner of the end zone.

Both times i've been here, Cunningham has stayed after practice to catch balls. Nice work ethic.

Tyler Brooke @T_Brookey 24s

Winners from today at #ColtsCamp: Cunningham, Kelley, McAfee (drilled some LONG kicks), Landry (actually made a play or two in coverage)

Tyler Brooke @T_Brookey 1h

My pessimistic takeaway from camp so far; Offensive line could still be trouble. Expect a piece on @StampedeBlue soon

Gosder Cherilus did not get a glowing report in this observation:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/8/1/4580144/2013-colts-training-camp-report-notes-from-day-five

Key line:

Gosder Cherilus is starting to concern me. Whenever I look at where the pressure is coming from during light scrimmages, it seems to from his side. Mathis and Werner both seem to be having success there, culminating with a Mathis "sack" today. I can't be completely sure of this observation, though. Sometimes it's just hard to see what's going on down there. But it's something to keep in mind.

It was heartening to see Ijalana on the practice field. He was supposed to be our eventual bookend tackle opposite Castanzo when he was drafted but injuries took their toll considerably. I hope Cherilus is worth the money.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/8/1/4580144/2013-colts-training-camp-report-notes-from-day-five

Key line:

Gosder Cherilus is starting to concern me. Whenever I look at where the pressure is coming from during light scrimmages, it seems to from his side. Mathis and Werner both seem to be having success there, culminating with a Mathis "sack" today. I can't be completely sure of this observation, though. Sometimes it's just hard to see what's going on down there. But it's something to keep in mind.

It was heartening to see Ijalana on the practice field. He was supposed to be our eventual bookend tackle opposite Castanzo when he was drafted but injuries took their toll considerably. I hope Cherilus is worth the money.

Maybe Cherilus isn't the problem but that Werner is gonna be a great pass rusher vs many offensive tackles. Cherilus protected Stafford well vs guys like Clay,Peppers,Allen. Werner has also beat Constanzo a lot as well during practice.  Daniel Jeremiah and Pete Prisco who both were at Colts camp  said that Werner won most of his 1 on 1's vs the starters and were surprised  of how great his bull rush was as well as his active hands.

Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks 3d

Bjoern Werner had an excellent practice this afternoon. Won most of his 1-1's... Strong bull rush and active hands. #Colts

Maybe Cherilus isn't the problem but that Werner is gonna be a great pass rusher vs many offensive tackles. Cherilus protected Stafford well vs guys like Clay,Peppers,Allen. Werner has also beat Constanzo a lot as well during practice. Daniel Jeremiah and Pete Prisco who both were at Colts camp said that Werner won most of his 1 on 1's vs the starters and were surprised of how great his bull rush was as well as his active hands.

That's a little comforting. I reckon we'll see.

Maybe Cherilus isn't the problem but that Werner is gonna be a great pass rusher vs many offensive tackles. Cherilus protected Stafford well vs guys like Clay,Peppers,Allen. Werner has also beat Constanzo a lot as well during practice.  Daniel Jeremiah and Pete Prisco who both were at Colts camp  said that Werner won most of his 1 on 1's vs the starters and were surprised  of how great his bull rush was as well as his active hands.

I'd like to lean towards that but Cherilus should be winning battles vs Werner, don't you think? Or do you think Werner could be better than Peppers and Allen? I'd have to think the first should be more likely.

That is why they play the game. :)

One thing in the past, because Polian made the draft pick, we settled for it in mindset with the OL even though we saw lots of flaws and Peyton covered a lot of it too. Now that Polian is gone, no love lost seems to be the case. Besides, Luck has instincts like Big Ben that can make plays outside the pocket but he will definitely not cover as many OL flaws as Peyton did, IMO.

I don't want to succumb to a similar mindset, the mindset that because Grigson was an OL, his eye for OL could not make a mistake.

Key line:

Something to keep an eye on, but it's questionable to me that after a week, Mishler comes out and says that Cherilus has been giving up pressure all camp. First we've heard of it, from what I know.

I think he'll be fine.

The line was always giung to be an issue with Satele and McGlyn starting, but now Gosder sux?

He is light years better then Linkenbach at RT but by no means do I think he is close to one of the top RT's in the league. We needed an upgrade at RT after we let Justice walk and we got it, he is young to, still plenty of time to improve, Pass protection is his problem in my opinion but in fairness the Lions offense was centered around a vertical passing game and Stafford is a decent QB but by no means one of the top QB's in the league which can lead to your O Line looking worse then it is, some overrate Stafford based of 1 great year. Hopefully this new offensive philosophy cuts Gosders exposure of his shortcomings in pass protection down some

Something to keep an eye on, but it's questionable to me that after a week, Mishler comes out and says that Cherilus has been giving up pressure all camp. First we've heard of it, from what I know.

I think he'll be fine.

I think it's a little in the eye of be beholder too, Phil B was just on local radio talking about how well Cherilus has been playing in camp and what a good job he was doing over there. 

I think it's a little in the eye of be beholder too, Phil B was just on local radio talking about how well Cherilus has been playing in camp and what a good job he was doing over there. 

Some of what you hear is going to be nothing but positive from some local media undoubtedly in my opinion, Not always or every time but the best set of eyes to judge a players performance is your own

Key line:

Not sure i would take some college kid's opinion that seriously. Some of the stuff on SB is downright laughable.

Some of what you hear is going to be nothing but positive from some local media undoubtedly in my opinion, Not always or every time but the best set of eyes to judge a players performance is your own

Phil B is harsh on players and Colts when he needs to be, during the 2-14 season anytime he opened his mouth it was to rip Polian, so I don't buy the argument that just because he's local media he's a homer.  He was also one of the guys saying the Colts needed to part with Sanders long before they did, Collie needed to retire, Freeney wasn't going to be back this year due to his lack of production, that Manning wouldn't be back, and hasn't been afraid to criticize players when the make mistakes or aren't playing as well as they can.  He doesn't get a pay check from the Colts he has no reason to spin things in their favor.  In fact, I think the fact he's around the team as much as he is leads him to have a better sense of what is expected from this team than national media guys who have to cover other things. 

A great example of this is the national media is just today picking up on the story that Freeney is feeling wronged by the Colts for not offering him a contract after last year.  Chap, the local Colts beat guy, had that story weeks ago. 

I think he'll be fine.

And in fairness, Mishler qualified the statement as much as possible:

Gosder Cherilus is starting to concern me. Whenever I look at where the pressure is coming from during light scrimmages, it seems to from his side. Mathis and Werner both seem to be having success there, culminating with a Mathis "sack" today. I can't be completely sure of this observation, though. Sometimes it's just hard to see what's going on down there. But it's something to keep in mind.

Phil B is harsh on players and Colts when he needs to be, during the 2-14 season anytime he opened his mouth it was to rip Polian, so I don't buy the argument that just because he's local media he's a homer.  He was also one of the guys saying the Colts needed to part with Sanders long before they did, Collie needed to retire, Freeney wasn't going to be back this year due to his lack of production, that Manning wouldn't be back, and hasn't been afraid to criticize players when the make mistakes or aren't playing as well as they can.  He doesn't get a pay check from the Colts he has no reason to spin things in their favor.  In fact, I think the fact he's around the team as much as he is leads him to have a better sense of what is expected from this team than national media guys who have to cover other things. 

A great example of this is the national media is just today picking up on the story that Freeney is feeling wronged by the Colts for not offering him a contract after last year.  Chap, the local Colts beat guy, had that story weeks ago. 

Good example of reporting what they see in my opinion, I just dont buy into the all positive spin or even all negative spin sometimes some media types will spin some players performance, Just call it like ya see it is what I think, well said

kinda off topic, but sharper just said about texans on nfln "the texans are top 3 in afc for sure.. broncos, texans... and who may be the 3rd team? maybe the colts.. bengals, baltimore..."

Dont quote me on this but I believe Sharper said he thinks we will miss the playoffs this year so the Patriots still have that Brady guy so logical conclusion would be the Patriots