Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brian Baldinger on NFLN

CjMcGirt23

He seems to be one of the better analysts on NFLN/NFL.com.  He is level headed and doesn't seem to have any favourites or teams he hates

Plus he has that cool little finger that points away from his hand. He said he broke it when playing and never had it set correctly.

I agree.

Wait, what are you agreeing with CS? Baldy's prediction about Luck setting himself apart from Wilson & RG3 or that no other analyst on NFL Network believes solely in Andrew Luck? Or both?

SW1 just needs confirmation here. It's like an indefinite pronoun without a specific noun attached it like this, that, these, those, versus for example saying: this blog, that joke, these facts, & those pictures...

That is all OK...it is better to "fly under the radar" for the season.

Exactly, it's so much more fun to play the role of dark horse & trample the media darling favorite team that almost every NFL analyst thinks is invincible. Except the Colts won't be surprising any team in the league this season. Darn! I love blowing squads out of the water like dropping an unexpected depth charge in the water...KA Boom!  haha Watch this video especially the 21second mark...Very Cool IMO! 

http://youtu.be/1flVlL4Mf8k

Plus he has that cool little finger that points away from his hand. He said he broke it when playing and never had it set correctly.

Lol, love that dudes hand. He's always waving it around when he's talking. I actually think he's a pretty good analyst. He usually tells it how it is.

Who cares what he thinks. We have to play 16 games and win to get into playoffs. An opinion is an opinion at the end of the days. Care buy into anything anyone says. You guys get mad when ppl have negative things to say about our team, then you get all hyped up and happy when ppl have positive things to say. We have no clue what will happen this up coming season. Relax and just wait until September

I think with the arms race in the NFC West and the vast improvements in the AFC West, plus the significant additions and improvements to Miami and Cincy and even some improvements in our division could see the Colt have a MUCH better team, playing far better than last year, but STILL ending up with us winning less games.  The good news is that Houston has an equally tough schedule (They play the Pats and Ravens, we play Cincy and Miami, so in the end it's an even schedule with Cincy likely to take over the Central and Baltimore dropping one or two spots, and Miami closing it a little on the Pats) but I think they will win less games.  It will most likely come down to our two games head to head with Houston.  If we hold serve, I think we tie for the same record, likely 9-7 or 10-6.   If we sweep them, we could match our 11-5 and I think get the #3 seed with Denver #1, Cincy #2 and us edging out the Pats at #4 with the same record, but with us having a better AFC tiebreaker.  But I think in the AFC playoffs, we could get to the championship as long as we avoid Denver until the Championship.  Manning doesn't play well in the playoffs (sorry... it's a fact Manning fans) so if we can hit him up in the deep cold or a snow storm we may have an upset shot.  But they have significantly upgraded so we'll see.  I feel Manning will go off in Lucas Oil in the reg season, I think we have a slightly better shot in the playoffs to knock them off in Denver in the cold and in the playoffs. Of course it could all be crazy and we lose 10 games or go undefeated, but heck, this is a message board meant for fun banter and amateur opinions.  Baldinger used to be a Colt right? 

Anyone really paying attention (which rarely happened as the mainstream sports media didn't see Indy games most of the season, they were too busy wetting themselves over RG3 and Wilson and Kaepernick, sort of like how ESPN ignores the Pacers all season and into the playoffs until suddenly they are shocked we won game two as if even that was unfathomable), Luck led by far the weakest team to the best result of any QB for any team.  A 9 game improvement with only a handful of rookies, a revampef defense we were ill suited for with the personnel we had and no offensive line? RG3 and Wilson are fun to watch and I rooted for Wilson all season (won't next year when they play us though) as I am a long time Seahawks fans, second to the Colts, but those guys had loaded teams compared to us, especially Seattle.  And Seattle looks like the Miami Heat talent wise this year.  But Luck, with some help, should really grow.  We have a Brutal schedule catching the AFC and NFC West during their arms races as well as Cincy and Miami's arms races, but I think we will win our division, get a bye against someone we'll stomp.. then have to (probaby) beat either the Pat, Cincy and/or Denver to get to the Superbowl to play the winner of Seattle/San Fran (I suspect Seattle) in the Superbowl.   Luck is already good enough... but is our defense and o-line?  We'll see. 

What is it with some Colts fans and their obsessive need to have everyone validate their franchise QB as the best?  I had enough of that nonsense during the Manning era.  Although I'm a Colts fan...allow me to borrow a phrase from the Raiders fans of the 70's..."Just win baby."  At the end of the day, I just want my Colts QB to hold up more Lombardi's than the other guys.  I could care less if he proves to be better than them.  That just gives fans hollow bragging rights but not the same kind as those that come with shiny rings. 

Brian Baldinger believes Luck is going to separate himself from Wilson and RGIII this coming season.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000206512/2013-through-the-crystal-ball

There's a very good chance he's right...

Luck played with 4 rookie starters last year and didnt know what to exect.

Now they all know...

Not only is Luck playing with his old offensive coordinator but so is Fleener....

The O-line is better We dont know how much but it is better...

You can design defenses against RG3's run option ability and Russell Wilson's play-entending scrambling ability...

Luck is a conventional QB with a lot of receiving threats...and he's going to make better decisions the more games he plays.

PLaying 1/2 his games indoors and 25% of them against Jacksonnville and Tennessee

Luck has an upside he has not yet approached.

Anyone really paying attention (which rarely happened as the mainstream sports media didn't see Indy games most of the season, they were too busy wetting themselves over RG3 and Wilson and Kaepernick, sort of like how ESPN ignores the Pacers all season and into the playoffs until suddenly they are shocked we won game two as if even that was unfathomable), Luck led by far the weakest team to the best result of any QB for any team.  A 9 game improvement with only a handful of rookies, a revampef defense we were ill suited for with the personnel we had and no offensive line? RG3 and Wilson are fun to watch and I rooted for Wilson all season (won't next year when they play us though) as I am a long time Seahawks fans, second to the Colts, but those guys had loaded teams compared to us, especially Seattle.  And Seattle looks like the Miami Heat talent wise this year.  But Luck, with some help, should really grow.  We have a Brutal schedule catching the AFC and NFC West during their arms races as well as Cincy and Miami's arms races, but I think we will win our division, get a bye against someone we'll stomp.. then have to (probaby) beat either the Pat, Cincy and/or Denver to get to the Superbowl to play the winner of Seattle/San Fran (I suspect Seattle) in the Superbowl.   Luck is already good enough... but is our defense and o-line?  We'll see. 

JPF..They didnt really see Andrwe Luck last year..

I have always thought that because Indianapolis is not a major market and the Colts division rivals are Houston, Jacksonvile and tennessee.....(3 other nobodies) ....that a lot of the major media folks really dont watch much of the Colts games the way they do the east coast teams, Dallas (how many ex-Cowboys are there in the national media) and now the 49ers.. 

From  a natonal standpoint, nobody cares about the AFC South.