Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets and Bucs "agree" on trade for Revis.

MTC

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So maybe they'll grab Geno Smith and his college WR...instant chemistry on the roster. Hmm.

horrible idea but it is the jets they do things like that all the time if smart take to other positions and get a QB next year that's better they won't win much this year anyway

horrible idea but it is the jets they do things like that all the time if smart take to other positions and get a QB next year that's better they won't win much this year anyway

I don't think they should be looking for a QB either, and if so, wait till the second round maybe. I could still see them taking Austin, but maybe they'll grab a CB as well, seeing as how they're showing Revis the door.

I don't think they should be looking for a QB either, and if so, wait till the second round maybe. I could still see them taking Austin, but maybe they'll grab a CB as well, seeing as how they're showing Revis the door.

Exactly if they use their head that's wats smart lol

They don't need another corner. They had one of the best pass defenses in the league last year without Revis. 

If I were the Jets I'd take Mingo at 9 and take Chance Warmack or Cooper at 13. And then take Eddie Lacy in the 2nd round.

IMO:

Jets - this is a win. Lose the distraction, lose the constant demands, gain some valuable picks. The D wasn't as good last year without Revis, but showed it was solid enough to cope without him. Their biggest issues are at QB and at taming the zoo... but as suggested, this isn't the year to reach for QB. Now there biggest challenge has to be to actually do something useful with their bounty of pick.

Bucs - I think this will prove to be a mistake. They are way more than just a CB away from being an elite team, and now they are going to be saddled with a huge contract for a player with a bunch of big ????s all over him. Let's for just a minute imagine that Revis returns to form... does anyone then imagine there won't be more issues with contract dissatisfaction a couple years from now? If he doesn't return to form, they are WAY overpaying. Oh, and are giving away picks that could help them recover from such a mistake.

IMO:

Jets - this is a win. Lose the distraction, lose the constant demands, gain some valuable picks. The D wasn't as good last year without Revis, but showed it was solid enough to cope without him. Their biggest issues are at QB and at taming the zoo... but as suggested, this isn't the year to reach for QB. Now there biggest challenge has to be to actually do something useful with their bounty of pick.

Bucs - I think this will prove to be a mistake. They are way more than just a CB away from being an elite team, and now they are going to be saddled with a huge contract for a player with a bunch of big ????s all over him. Let's for just a minute imagine that Revis returns to form... does anyone then imagine there won't be more issues with contract dissatisfaction a couple years from now? If he doesn't return to form, they are WAY overpaying. Oh, and are giving away picks that could help them recover from such a mistake.

What else do the Bucs need to be an elite team?

This is a win for the Jets and loss for the Bucs. The Jets were a top 5 pass defense without Revis they still have Cromartie and Wilson. Now they can draft Mingo and Austin and in the 2nd draft Warford or Pugh. The Bucs will have to pay Revis alot of money and he's coming off an ACL injury they could have just drafted Rhodes with their 1st round pick.

This is a win for the Jets and loss for the Bucs. The Jets were a top 5 pass defense without Revis they still have Cromartie and Wilson. Now they can draft Mingo and Austin and in the 2nd draft Warford or Pugh. The Bucs will have to pay Revis alot of money and he's coming off an ACL injury they could have just drafted Rhodes with their 1st round pick.

Hmmm, Xavier Rhodes or Darrelle Revis? Such a difficult choice... Not.

Bucs just committed GTR (Grand Theft Revis).

While i somewhat agree, rhodes isnt half the player revis can be.

What else do the Bucs need to be an elite team?

Insurance if he is a shell of his former self. A better QB. Or a better line to allow their marginal QB more time to avoid mistakes. Or receivers that don't disappear too often (yes VJax, I'm looking at you). Or more decent players across the board on D.

Insurance if he is a shell of his former self. A better QB. Or a better line to allow their marginal QB more time to avoid mistakes. Or receivers that don't disappear too often (yes VJax, I'm looking at you). Or more decent players across the board on D.

They have a good O-line, a solid QB, a great RB, a great receiving core (Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams). a great D-line, a solid line-backing core and they now have a great secondary.

Their biggest weakness last season was pass D and now they have that sured up with Goldson and Revis signings.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the division.

Hmmm, Xavier Rhodes or Darrelle Revis? Such a difficult choice... Not.

Bucs just committed GTR (Grand Theft Revis).

Wouldn't have to pay Rhodes alot of money and they still have to pay Freeman and Mike Williams next year. Getting Revis isn't gonna make the Bucs a better team then the Saints or Falcons they don't have any other good CB's . Now the Jets can get Mingo and Austin and probably Warford in the 2nd. With the loss of Welker and the injuries to Gronk and Hernandez, The Jets have a much better chance to win their division then the Bucs do.

They have a good O-line, a solid QB, a great RB, a great receiving core (Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams). a great D-line, a solid line-backing core and they now have a great secondary.

Their biggest weakness last season was pass D and now they have that sured up with Goldson and Revis signings.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the division.

I agree about their running game, so there's that. I think they were a lot farther from winning their division than you do, that is for sure.

Good trade for bucs. Their biggest weakness last year was pass defense and they just fixed that this year by signing Goldson and Revis. Freeman will have a better year for the simple fact his oline and team will be healthier. I think this team will be competing for not only the playoffs, but the NFC south also.