Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A.Q. Shipley !?

Godeepreggie

i dont get why we dont just move satale to guard and shipley to center. our line would like much better with                canstanzo satale shipley thomas chelous

Because Satele would be worse than terrible at guard. It's the position on the line where you need your strongest guys and Satele wasn't strong enough at center which is where the weakest guy on the line plays. This is why most centers in the league are smaller.

Because Satele would be worse than terrible at guard. It's the position on the line where you need your strongest guys and Satele wasn't strong enough at center which is where the weakest guy on the line plays. This is why most centers in the league are smaller.

ok so move shipley to guard

ok so move shipley to guard

...Or we can just draft or sign guy's that are better and play them in their natural position. I think fans get carried away in just saying we need to move this guy or that guy to whatever position on the line. It isn't always so easy to just get guy's to play a position they're not used to or have never played.

...Or we can just draft or sign guy's that are better and play them in their natural position. I think fans get carried away in just saying we need to move this guy or that guy to whatever position on the line. It isn't always so easy to just get guy's to play a position they're not used to or have never played.

Its desperation or no choice when they do this,dont think we will be desperate

guard and center isnt really that different

guard and center isnt really that different

It's much different. Guards are usually blocking the DT's and don't have to worry about making the line calls. Centers often do not even have a blocking assignment. they are there to help the guards or pick up blitzes from LBer's or the Secondary. Not to mention they have to snap the ball and have cohesion with the QB. Its even more detailed than that but I'm not going to type a book. My point is they are very different positions with very different responsibilities. It's more complicated than what people think it is and many can not play either one nearly as effective as the other.

under. Satele might get hurt in a game or two and that is when shipley will come in. wonder if we can talk saturday in coming back for a year lol. 

Over, I hope.

Jeff, who I have the greatest respect for, is done as a player.  He has moved on. 

Do u feel like it's because we are paying him so much more money because it's not even close between them satele gets pushed around on a very regular basis

This. Shipley out performed Satele in an obvious fashion but the FO isn't going to admit they did anything wrong. Granted Satele was still battling injury but it's always been simple to me you field the best players and let the rest sit or be breathers.

Over. Satele develops a stomach virus in TC. Shipley comes in & wows the coaches and wins the starting C role.

Of course, Satele recovers from his virus but still rides the bench :D

i'll make him some of my famous lemon and peach burritos with bleu cheese.... :puke:

hehe, that actually does sound like it could be a traditional Samoan dish, but everyone knows not to mix citrus and dairy... :barf:

This. Shipley out performed Satele in an obvious fashion but the FO isn't going to admit they did anything wrong. Granted Satele was still battling injury but it's always been simple to me you field the best players and let the rest sit or be breathers.

Been talking to Grigson have you?

i'll make him some of my famous lemon and peach burritos with bleu cheese.... :puke:

hehe, that actually does sound like it could be a traditional Samoan dish, but everyone knows not to mix citrus and dairy... :barf:

Ohhh I just ate some nasty Taco Bell then I see this post. Blah!!!!