Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who made out Best?

CdUde425

Landry is def the best but I wouldn't count Reed out he is just as much of a force with experience to aide the younger guys as he is on the field. Just hope he doesn't have a problem with the defensive switch.

Im going to say the texans made out the best, they are a well built secondary and deflict passes a lot, the play the pass well, so bringing the best ball hawk safety of the three who had I think 14 ints last season with 9 broken up passes or so, makes them harder to pass on, there defense is already built really he is just an upgrade, where as for us, our defense isnt really built but still building, and with landry we can build around him if he stays healthy, As far and what safety made out best, Id go with Landry, Hard hitter, can defend the pass and will be a main focus along with bethea, mathis and davis. thats just my thought 

Im going to say the texans made out the best, they are a well built secondary and deflict passes a lot, the play the pass well, so bringing the best ball hawk safety of the three who had I think 14 ints last season with 9 broken up passes or so, makes them harder to pass on, there defense is already built really he is just an upgrade, where as for us, our defense isnt really built but still building, and with landry we can build around him if he stays healthy, As far and what safety made out best, Id go with Landry, Hard hitter, can defend the pass and will be a main focus along with bethea, mathis and davis. thats just my thought 

You think Ed Reed had 14 ints last year? Mistype, I assume?

Well don't undersell the impact that a guy like Ed Reed can have on that Texans team.  Their regular season record aside, the Texans always struck me as a good team still missing something.  Reed's experience and presence in that secondary will be a shot in the arm for that team.  And yes I know that his skills are not what they once were.  He is still a very good safety and a savy veteran leader. 

Overall, I like our addition of Landry but would have been okay with the "Pats Killa" as well since I pined for him after his demolition of the Patriots in the post season.  Landry is fast and hits harder than Pollard in my opinion but I have some concerns about his ability to stay healthy and he can be suspect in coverage at times. 

lol, by 14 ints do you mean 4?

Colts did

Reed is going to a pathetic Secondary

Pollard is going to a okay secondary but bad team overall

Landry us going to a team that's on the rise & building a monster

The Texans secondary isn't pathetic, and that's before Ed Reed got there. They were weak at safety, but not anymore.

I too like our acquisition better, but the Texans and Titans both did well also.

The Texans secondary isn't pathetic, and that's before Ed Reed got there. They were weak at safety, but not anymore.

I too like our acquisition better, but the Texans and Titans both did well also.

If they get any kind of play out of Locker at all I fully expect the Titans to push the Colts and Texans in the South this year. 

Pollard and Landry are basically the same player. I guess it goes to whichever one stays healthy.

Laron has way more credentials than Pollard in terms of accomplishments. You got a pro bowl, collegiate champion with D player of the year potential vs BP (however he does have a ring). I thinks it's leaps and bounds.

I do agree though it all boils down to health. I would say if healthy, Laron will make his second straight pro bowl appearance.

I think many seem to underestimate this guy, perhaps due to his health. I honestly think he will be better than Bob Sanders if he remains healthy, even though Bob was never healthy :facepalm:.