Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who made out Best?

CdUde425

Laron has way more credentials than Pollard in terms of accomplishments. You got a pro bowl, collegiate champion with D player of the year potential vs BP (however he does have a ring). I thinks it's leaps and bounds.

I do agree though it all boils down to health. I would say if healthy, Laron will make his second straight pro bowl appearance.

I think many seem to underestimate this guy, perhaps due to his health. I honestly think he will be better than Bob Sanders if he remains healthy, even though Bob was never healthy :facepalm:.

I completely disagree. Especially your last sentence. 

Laron made a pro-bowl because of the scheme he played in and Rex Ryan being a defensive guru. Not to take any credit away from him of course, he played great. But all of his career he's been a total liability in coverage and an extremely poor tackler (never wraps up, always goes for the big hit, overpursues, ect....). Ask our resident 'Skins fan RGIII about Landry, from what I read he had some less than stellar things to say about him.

Bob Sanders, when healthy, was arguably a top 10 defensive player of all time. Had he been able to stay healthy and not have his body explode whenever he laid a hit, he would have been a first ballot hall of famer. Arguably would have went down as the best SS to ever play the game. He did everything fantastic. Laid hard hits, was probably the best form tackling DB I've ever seen, was a ball-hawk when dropped into coverage, able to strip the ball, ect. There was literally no flaw in his game.

I hope that Landry plays up to his potential, but he'll never come close to Bob Sanders.

Laron made a pro-bowl because of the scheme he played in and Rex Ryan being a defensive guru. Not to take any credit away from him of course, he played great. But all of his career he's been a total liability in coverage and an extremely poor tackler (never wraps up, always goes for the big hit, overpursues, ect....). Ask our resident 'Skins fan RGIII about Landry, from what I read he had some less than stellar things to say about him.

Bob Sanders, when healthy, was arguably a top 10 defensive player of all time. Had he been able to stay healthy and not have his body explode whenever he laid a hit, he would have been a first ballot hall of famer. Arguably would have went down as the best SS to ever play the game. He did everything fantastic. Laid hard hits, was probably the best form tackling DB I've ever seen, was a ball-hawk when dropped into coverage, able to strip the ball, ect. There was literally no flaw in his game.

I hope that Landry plays up to his potential, but he'll never come close to Bob Sanders.

I hope your wrong lol. I see mass potential though, to each his own. Perhaps Pags and the crew can make him a top D player. It appears Shannahan saw that potential in him as well. Only time will tell. I do think though he can remain a pro bowl caliber player.

On another note you are right about Bob. He could've been one of the greatest ever. Landry however is a fumble forcing machine, he just needs to improve on coverage and play smarter. IMO though I do see a lot of Bob Sanders in Landry.

WOW.  That is some serious homerism..  Bob was great when on the field, but nowhere near where you place him.  Even if 100% healthy.

WOW.  That is some serious homerism..  Bob was great when on the field, but nowhere near where you place him.  Even if 100% healthy.

Totally disagree, he easily would have been a first ballot hall of famer if he had stayed healthy. The only better safety in the league at the time was Ed Reed.

Did you follow the colts when we had Bob Sanders? if so remember our Super Bowl year? out for the season so we have the worst run D comes back for the playoffs Larry Johnson- 32 yrds KC 44 total yards.. Jamal Lewis 53 yrds 73 total between RB's.. New England 93 total yards between 4 backs. Larry Johnson and Jamal Lewis might find themselves in Canton some day down the road.  Bob Sanders is a HOF player and might make it in 20 yrs from now, if he hadnt been hurt No Brainer 1st ballot. Definitely top 10 SS all time

And for the record that bolded portion is an error on my part. I mean to say top 10 SS all time. Maybe even top 5.

Did you follow the colts when we had Bob Sanders? if so remember our Super Bowl year? out for the season so we have the worst run D comes back for the playoffs Larry Johnson- 32 yrds KC 44 total yards.. Jamal Lewis 53 yrds 73 total between RB's.. New England 93 total yards between 4 backs. Larry Johnson and Jamal Lewis might find themselves in Canton some day down the road.  Bob Sanders is a HOF player and might make it in 20 yrs from now, if he hadnt been hurt No Brainer 1st ballot. Definitely top 10 SS all time

There is no way Sanders is getting into the hall of fame, unless they have a hall of fame for most frequently injured. I loved Bob when he was healthy and he could have been a special player but the guy simply was never healthy.

There is no way Sanders is getting into the hall of fame, unless they have a hall of fame for most frequently injured. I loved Bob when he was healthy and he could have been a special player but the guy simply was never healthy.

I agree. If he had played even a decent amount of games, say 90-120 then I don't think there would be a question, but he didn't have the longevity to justify being in the HOF.

I agree. If he had played even a decent amount of games, say 90-120 then I don't think there would be a question, but he didn't have the longevity to justify being in the HOF.

Eaxctly. The guy played 8 yrs. and played a whopping total of 50 games and quite a few of them he didn't even finish. It's too bad he was made of glass, because he was a heck of a player, but the HOF, isn't even remotely a consideration for him.

Colts made out better because we still have #41

Bethea and Landry >Griffin and Pollard>Reed and Daniel Manning

Bethea will actually be able to play the 'Ed Reed' role in our D this year now that he doesn't have to make all the tackles in the secondary.

Griffin is a great player, and Manning is a Pro Bowl caliber player as well. Bethea's cover skills are questionable but you are right about him having the opportunity to make plays in the secondary now since he has some help.  

Just making a point that based on talent alone regardless of injury i understand that Canton doesnt do that but i just was sayin based on talent alone dude would be a first ballot HOF 

Just making a point that based on talent alone regardless of injury i understand that Canton doesnt do that but i just was sayin based on talent alone dude would be a first ballot HOF 

He had the talent, there's no doubt about that, but when he only played 50 out of a total of 128 regular season games(that doesn't include all the playoff games he missed) there just isn't any hope for him. Out of those 50 games, he didn't finish several of those games either.

Again, wow.  He was pivotal in that run, yes.  I was as big a fan as anyone.  Homerism has it's limit with me however.

Being honestly unbiased, we did.

Pollard is a great player.

But how many teams has he been with in how many years? Teams don't keep him. The word is he is a distraction in the locker room.

Reed is a great, Hall of Fame player, but he is a temporary fix. Very temporary. He signed a 3 year deal, but I think this season will be his last. I give it less than 10% chance he plays year 2, and 0% he plays year 3.

Larry Johnson and Jamal Lewis might find themselves in Canton some day down the road.  Bob Sanders is a HOF player and might make it in 20 yrs from now, if he hadnt been hurt No Brainer 1st ballot. Definitely top 10 SS all time

Larry Johnson and Bob Sanders in the Hall of Fame?

tumblr_inline_mhpm3dpwQt1qz4rgp.png

He had the talent, there's no doubt about that, but when he only played 50 out of a total of 128 regular season games(that doesn't include all the playoff games he missed) there just isn't any hope for him. Out of those 50 games, he didn't finish several of those games either.

so whats the arguement man?

Point #1- Bob Sanders HOF Caliber talent

Point #2- Bob Sanders sadly probably wont ever be in the HOF due to injuries 

Your repeating yourself and debating with me when im saying the same thing! ***K

guess i need to make my points that clear from now on

so whats the arguement man?

Point #1- Bob Sanders HOF Caliber talent

Point #2- Bob Sanders sadly probably wont ever be in the HOF due to injuries 

Your repeating yourself and debating with me when im saying the same thing! ***K

guess i need to make my points that clear from now on

No, I was just saying from your original statement "Bob Sanders is a HOF player and might make it in 20 yrs from now, if he hadnt been hurt No Brainer 1st ballot. Definitely top 10 SS all time".  That makes it sound as if you think he's definitely getting in, even if it takes 20 yrs.. All I'm saying is, he will never get in, no matter how much time passes. Maybe I was just reading you wrong.

No, I was just saying from your original statement "Bob Sanders is a HOF player and might make it in 20 yrs from now, if he hadnt been hurt No Brainer 1st ballot. Definitely top 10 SS all time".  That makes it sound as if you think he's definitely getting in, even if it takes 20 yrs.. All I'm saying is, he will never get in, no matter how much time passes. Maybe I was just reading you wrong.

me saying "he MIGHT MAKE IT IN 20 years) is not the same as saying he is definatly getting in, pretty much the exact opposite.

me saying "he MIGHT MAKE IT IN 20 years) is not the same as saying he is definatly getting in, pretty much the exact opposite.

For the sake of not drawing out the argument, I'll just say that I must have misinterpreted how you stated your comment.

ya see the word "might" in that sentence.  It means that he could or could not make it, i dont know (talkin about Johnson)

I don't think you'll find many who think it fair to say he even "might".

You can say anyone "might". I might. You might. He might. She might. That's like the weatherman saying "Something's gonna happen tomorrow, back to you."

Jamaal Lewis really MIGHT.

Larry Johnson and Bob Sanders?

0% chance.

I don't think you'll find many who think it fair to say he even "might".

You can say anyone "might". I might. You might. He might. She might. That's like the weatherman saying "Something's gonna happen tomorrow, back to you."

Jamaal Lewis really MIGHT.

Larry Johnson and Bob Sanders?

0% chance.

alright Nostradamus or you from the future, then Whatever you say future man

Ok, but I was just going by the original topic. Wilson is a decent pickup for the Pats but he's getting pretty old. Don't know if they done better than the other teams with their safety pickup.

Yeah, I think Playoffs2013 was just saying the Pats got the best safety.

I don't agree, but I certainly think it was a good pickup for them.

It's at least better than Edelman back there...