Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

Actually OKC choose to let Harden go but got a good trade out of it. They paid Obaka a huge contract (not smart) so that was their fault. It is entirely on the team to manage their cap. NY is a monster city/market and they suck at it...Miami really isn't that giant a market...they just landed a young popular star (Wade) hired a great GM (Reilly) and convinced Labron and Bosh to take less money. There are several other teams spending more money that have nothing to show for it. (Brooklyn) The cap works somewhat...Mark Cuban has TONS of money and you don't see him just buying every good player. That league has issue. The good stay on top because its a star driven league. Lebron is by far the best player in the league....he was going to the Championship with no one on his team in Clev....LA has a great GM....Boston runs a great ship....these teams stay at the top because yes they have money...but most importantly they use it the best. LA drafted Bynum...traded for Gasol....kept Kobe instead of Shaq....turned Bynum a guy whose had 8 surgeries on his knee and hates to play and traded for the best center in basketball D Howard. Picked up Nash for a trade exception...got the most out of Oden then shipped him out...they just run their ship better. Tons of teams are over the cap...they just run it better, as do Boston and recently Miami. Indy has made terrible deals in the past but its been these small trades and draft picks like West, George, Hibbert that have them contenders. You have to play smart. Lock up your good guys to contracts and they will attract FAs. The big markets have advantages but it isn't money...its how they run their organizations and manage their cap. NY has the biggest market of all and they poo it away...there are no guarantees. Its got faults....but Baseball is the worst by far.

I say we change this into a hockey thread. That would probabaly be a great idea!!!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golly, do you think dude sobbered up?       hehe

....       heheh...     Go Jimmy....  

The only reason to belive that this mystery reciever deal is dead is because Irsay has not been tweeting rapidly like he was when this all started.

Honestly, its not about who we make a deal for or even if we make a deal anymore. It's about knowing. Maybe we are in wait it out mode, maybe we arent. The fans want to know. Irsay let us in with his tweets and since then has sort of slammed the door in our faces by going radio silent.

Maybe his silece is a stipulation on negotiation. Maybe his silence is a way to try and save face. Who knows? And that's the problem, we haven't heard anything new from the horses mouth.

I say we change this into a hockey thread. That would probabaly be a great idea!!!

Look..this thread is at 72 pages and almost 3000 reponses....and has about 3 credible posts. Lets be honest if we weren't discussing other things while we wait this thread would be maybe a page long. Its like playing cards and having a beer while we wait for the monday night game to start....

Last time I checked Peyton isn't a member of this forum and didn't post it in this forum.

Is that all you could come up with?

Regardless to whether Peyton is or is not an active member of this forum, something we will never know as the large majority of posters are anonymous, to scold someone for something but in turn defend someone else for nearly the same thing is, well, not cool.

And Peyton said what he said on national TV which is much more harsh than posting in a fan forum.

"ColtFans, we already past the cap cash wise/ we're workin on a deal, 1 we've been workin on for 5 days/ we're very,very close 2 making it work."

Let the speculation begin.

I think it WAS Jeremy Maclin...a guy Grigson knows and thinks very highly of...he said last year that he thought Maclin was the best WR in that draft class.  But the deal has probably fallen through.

Is that all you could come up with?

Regardless to whether Peyton is or is not an active member of this forum, something we will never know as the large majority of posters are anonymous, to scold someone for something but in turn defend someone else for nearly the same thing is, well, not cool.

And Peyton said what he said on national TV which is much more harsh than posting in a fan forum.

I don't need to come up with more because I wasn't talking about that situation.  I was talking about this one on this message board.

For the record I don't think Peyton was right to do it either.

Look..this thread is at 72 pages and almost 3000 reponses....and has about 3 credible posts. Lets be honest if we weren't discussing other things while we wait this thread would be maybe a page long. Its like playing cards and having a beer while we wait for the monday night game to start....

Best way to Sum up this thread.... God i miss football season

We've gone from mystery big time WR to ultimately signing Matt Hasselback and Aubrayo Franklin. Colts' Plan B is in full effect and I expect we'll be using our first rounder on a WR. For the record, I'm okay with this.

Depending on who we draft it might actually work out better overall this way especially with the rookie contract.

We've gone from mystery big time WR to ultimately signing Matt Hasselback and Aubrayo Franklin. Colts' Plan B is in full effect and I expect we'll be using our first rounder on a WR. For the record, I'm okay with this.

I agree young WR on a rookie contract sounds really nice

haha, that's awesome!

I'm pumped!!

tumblr_m3dastgkFF1qcaw1o.gif

Don't be fooled by Irsays trickery. Who cares cares if he's adding good pieces to our team. Let's Keep the drive alive for our likely to be overpaid mystery reciever!

I'm only being partly sarcastic.

i love the fact that this thread is still going on.  i just became a member a day beore it started and am excited to be apart of it.  hope it goes on forever  btw really liking plan b.  def have to go wide out in the first allthough dx does sound like a good option too

i love the fact that this thread is still going on. i just became a member a day beore it started and am excited to be apart of it. hope it goes on forever btw really liking plan b. def have to go wide out in the first allthough dx does sound like a good option too

I agree I just joined the other day too lol

I like how we are peppering this in a few times between the talk of NBA, MLB, Luck hatin, and the never ending story..... :facepalm: this really should be locked.

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Heck no!

The WR irsay is talking about has to be Danario Alexander. He's a target the Chargers would like to keep but they placed a low round tender on him and him being undrafted means they wouldn't receive any compensation.

I believe the Colts (Grigson) sees huge potential in dare i say (Randy Fitzgerald) DX. 

Structuring a contract that's sound enough that's a good deal for both the Colts and Alexander as well as keeping the Chargers from matching would seem like a hard deal to structure.

So if I had 1 guess who the WR would be I'm going with DX who fits the "Grigson Model" (Young, Upside, Relatively Unknown)

well not that i want it to but how does a thread die.  i'm new here like i said and not sure how it all works yet.

They used to lock them after 15 pages but as you can see we blew by that a long time ago.  Now they go till someone completely derails them or they just sorta go away when people stop posting in them.

The WR irsay is talking about has to be Danario Alexander. He's a target the Chargers would like to keep but they placed a low round tender on him and him being undrafted means they wouldn't receive any compensation.

I believe the Colts (Grigson) sees huge potential in dare i say (Randy Fitzgerald) DX.

Structuring a contract that's sound enough that's a good deal for both the Colts and Alexander as well as keeping the Chargers from matching would seem like a hard deal to structure.

So if I had 1 guess who the WR would be I'm going with DX who fits the "Grigson Model" (Young, Upside, Relatively Unknown)

I hope your right lol if its not DX then I just wanna draft one TBH