Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Colts should just hold out at this point.  They now have the Mr. Irrelevant pick two years in row, that is karma!  San Diego might just violate the UDFA rule again this year.  Once this happens Irsay should go to Goodell and demand that the Colts receive the San Diego's best WR & they also take the cap hit for this year.  It would only be fair for for a repeat violation two years in a row.

Irsay-"Hey guys you want a cool big name WR?"

Forum- "Yeahh!!!! We are dedicated and waiting on your ever word!!"

*2 days later*

Irsay-"Hey guys how's this middle-aged QB who will hopefully never see the field sound instead?"

Forum- *infinite crickets*

*2 days later*

Irsay-"Hey guys how's this middle-aged QB who will hopefully never see the field sound instead?"

lol

*2 days later*

If that middle aged QB who never saw the field EVER AGAIN was Brady... I might be ok with that.

*2 days later*

Funny.

I know this was a joke but just a reminder for those asking honestly if this was the big move Irsay has been talking about that Kravitz said on twitter tonight that the Colts are still trying to land the WR in question they are just waiting for the price to come down.  The Hasselbeck move is just a bonus move because Hasselbeck hit the market. 

Kravitz tweet tells me that this a player that is being shopped (which suggests Maclin or Bess to me) and the Colts are waiting for the team willing to trade that player to realize they aren't going to get what they are asking for and to lower their asking price some. 

Again, the last time Irsay tweeted about a trade it took a week and half to two weeks after he first tweeted it for the deal to get done.  That was also with the pressure of the start of the season looming over them.  Deals take time we have to stay patient. 

I feel like the colts almost had the deal done and Irsay tweeting gave the other team/player leverage and they now won't go down to the asking price Irsay believed he had to pay.... The other team/player now knows that Irsay is getting his fan base excited by mentioning grandioso coments of the WR and now the onus is on Irsay to make the deal work because if it doesn't happen there will be a major let down with colts fans......

I feel like the colts almost had the deal done and Irsay tweeting gave the other team/player leverage and they now won't go down to the asking price Irsay believed he had to pay.... The other team/player now knows that Irsay is getting his fan base excited by mentioning grandioso coments of the WR and now the onus is on Irsay to make the deal work because if it doesn't happen there will be a major let down with colts fans......

Irsay has already hinted at the fact that this deal may not happen.  I know people who don't like Irsay tweeting look for any reason to jump on him for tweeting but I think people are really over blowing the impact his tweeting would have on this deal.  Heck Irsay put this trade on the table on Saturday night and media has yet to even figure out who the player is.  So the Colts are keeping the parts quiet that they really need to keep quiet.  All Irsay has said if that they are looking to bring in a WR and he felt they were close Saturday night. 

All Irsay is doing is trying to keep Colts fans in the loop about what the team is up too.  Again, something people were extremely hard on Polian for.  They felt he was too secretive.  Now Irsay is being more open about things and people are still upset.  Irsay once cut Peyton Manning despite a very loud portion of his fan base being upset by it.  If the Colts don't like the deal they are getting from the other team they wont make the trade.  Irsay isn't going to tell Grigson make a bad move just because his fan base is expecting one.  He's proven already he isn't afraid to disappoint his fanbase if he thinks it's in the best interest of the team long term. 

ok, so tell if I have this right, so the story is that no one has a clue who the receiver is, if it is a trade or a FA, and when the trade will of if the trade will happen, correct?

I think it is pretty much a given that it is a trade, because there are not really any FA WRs who are as big as Irsay is making this person out to be.

ok, so tell if I have this right, so the story is that no one has a clue who the receiver is, if it is a trade or a FA, and when the trade will of if the trade will happen, correct?

Uhmmmm correct i think cannot remember what was we doing on this thread oh yah no idea

Irsay has already hinted at the fact that this deal may not happen. I know people who don't like Irsay tweeting look for any reason to jump on him for tweeting but I think people are really over blowing the impact his tweeting would have on this deal. Heck Irsay put this trade on the table on Saturday night and media has yet to even figure out who the player is. So the Colts are keeping the parts quiet that they really need to keep quiet. All Irsay has said if that they are looking to bring in a WR and he felt they were close Saturday night.

All Irsay is doing is trying to keep Colts fans in the loop about what the team is up too. Again, something people were extremely hard on Polian for. They felt he was too secretive. Now Irsay is being more open about things and people are still upset. Irsay once cut Peyton Manning despite a very loud portion of his fan base being upset by it. If the Colts don't like the deal they are getting from the other team they wont make the trade. Irsay isn't going to tell Grigson make a bad move just because his fan base is expecting one. He's proven already he isn't afraid to disappoint his fanbase if he thinks it's in the best interest of the team long term.

I think we just want him to be a little less hyped up maybe just say we're trying to get a WR no real reason to say its really really close unless it basically done and no reason for words like whopper or blockbuster just fill is in and say hey were trying to bring in a WR trying to get it done then if it don't happen we wouldn't mind as much

Well, yeah, and 69 pages of it so far.

But, putting it that way, you make it sound to trivial.

Irsay has already hinted at the fact that this deal may not happen.  I know people who don't like Irsay tweeting look for any reason to jump on him for tweeting but I think people are really over blowing the impact his tweeting would have on this deal.  Heck Irsay put this trade on the table on Saturday night and media has yet to even figure out who the player is.  So the Colts are keeping the parts quiet that they really need to keep quiet.  All Irsay has said if that they are looking to bring in a WR and he felt they were close Saturday night. 

The point is: people like to complain

They complain about everything