Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts NFL Network Today 03/11/13 At 4:00 CST

King Colt

For anyone who couldn't watch it, here's a summary of what they said:

For the draft part, one of the guys had us draft WR Keenan Allen in the 1st to eventually replace Reggie, while the other had us taking DT John Jenkins in the first to help run defense. As for FA signings, they had us signing Jake Long, moving Castonzo to RT, signing CB Sean Smith to reunite with Vontae, and also Signing Ed Reed and Paul Kruger. 

I think I got everything they said correct.

For the draft part, one of the guys had us draft WR Keenan Allen in the 1st to eventually replace Reggie, while the other had us taking DT John Jenkins in the first to help run defense. As for FA signings, they had us signing Jake Long, moving Castonzo to RT, signing CB Sean Smith to reunite with Vontae, and also Signing Ed Reed and Paul Kruger. 

no to smith and kruger. everyone else im fine with. thanks for posting :thmup:

Yep....you got it right.

I don't think they did....but you did. :)

Yep....you got it right.

I don't think they did....but you did. :)

There's no way we could afford all those FAs.  Maybe some combination (I hope) but not all.  No mention of a G, which means they didn't do any homework.

Do we really want advice from a guy who built the Jets anyway?

There's no way we could afford all those FAs.  Maybe some combination (I hope) but not all.  No mention of a G, which means they didn't do any homework.

Do we really want advice from a guy who built the Jets anyway?

Who was the Jets guy?

Warren Sapp kills me....He just said that because Bruce Arians is gone, Andrew Luck has lost his safety blanket- the play calling. Really? Pep Hamilton probably knows Luck better than anyone. Come on Sapp.

I don't even know what that means (Sapp's comment).

Who was the Jets guy?

Mike Tannenbom (sp?)

Anyways he just proved why he sucked and why he got fired. 

I was gone during the first showing so I stayed up a little late to watch it at 10.  I'm sorry I did because all it did was * me off.

They didn't even talk about or mention the situation at guard.  All they said was that we should go get Jake Long and move Castanzo over to the right.  

The smartest things they said was mentioning the possibility of getting Kruger.  They mentioned getting Ed Reed too.  

They get negative points in my opinion for 1. Missing the entire situation at guard which is the biggest problem on our offense.  2.  Not mentioning any under the radar names, just going with all the big name players.  

I should have known it was going to be like that when the first name they mentioned was Jake Long.  

Warren Sapp kills me....He just said that because Bruce Arians is gone, Andrew Luck has lost his safety blanket- the play calling. Really? Pep Hamilton probably knows Luck better than anyone. Come on Sapp.

Missed that . . . but I don't see how play calling was in any way a safety blanket for Luck.  I give BA props for leading the team through a difficult situation and getting 9 wins in the process.  And he's obviously done well at coaching up Luck as he has done in the past with other QB's.  

But that said very few people consider his play calling to be a safety blanket for any QB.  His system is one of the most demanding systems there is for QB play.  Even more so when they are standing behind a bad offensive line.  

I think the only one I like about all those is Vontae....oh wait, we already have him.

i just about used up all my likes in this thread. watching this show was a complete waste of time, i'm glad i taped it and could fast forward through most of it. the best show i have seen was on espn sunday with bill polian and parcells. every time a sports show trots out a ex gm, that was a joke as a gm, makes me crazy.

Is this the same Sapp that owns 200+ pairs of shoes and pays zero, none, goose egg child support to six + kids?

I don't even know what that means (Sapp's comment).

Missed that . . . but I don't see how play calling was in any way a safety blanket for Luck.  I give BA props for leading the team through a difficult situation and getting 9 wins in the process.  And he's obviously done well at coaching up Luck as he has done in the past with other QB's.  

But that said very few people consider his play calling to be a safety blanket for any QB.  His system is one of the most demanding systems there is for QB play.  Even more so when they are standing behind a bad offensive line.  

Hold on here guys, let's understand what's happening here. Warren Sapp is a former defensive lineman, making comments about coaches protecting players with play calling. A.Luck was sacked 41 times in 2012, compared to A.Rodgers being sacked 51 times in 2012, and still posted an 11 - 5 record, getting the Colts to the playoffs in his rookie campaign. A.Luck played behind a sheet rock of an offensive line, that the injury bug made some holes in, with the help of a few termites. Security blanket? It doesn't matter how good the phone(play-calling) is working,.....how comfortable(successful) can a person be, when the walls of their house start caving in, because of intense weather conditions(blitzes)? We know what the Colts need, Sapp doesn't study enough to stay relevant. His comments lack substance, but have high entertainment value, with his personality.  { :sarcasm:}Guys, please don't waste your time or energy, reflecting on Warren Sapp's pearls of wisdom... Sapp is using his "celebrity" to keep his job at the NFL network, so let him stay employed, he's gotta lot of mouths to feed... :thmup:

For the draft part, one of the guys had us draft WR Keenan Allen in the 1st to eventually replace Reggie, while the other had us taking DT John Jenkins in the first to help run defense. As for FA signings, they had us signing Jake Long, moving Castonzo to RT, signing CB Sean Smith to reunite with Vontae, and also Signing Ed Reed and Paul Kruger.

Seems like too many moves to me, plus no signings at guard. I think people on our boards have a better idea than they do.