Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's go grab #81

Dark Superman

Most of you fail to realize that Boldin is gonna want a huge contract. Why do you think he refused the pay cut from the Ravens? He's gonna want a huge contract & he WILL NOT live up to the money. WR is once again not an "urgent" need. Don't get your hopes up waiting to see his name come across your screen as a Colt.

Most of you fail to realize that Boldin is gonna want a huge contract. Why do you think he refused the pay cut from the Ravens? He's gonna want a huge contract & he WILL NOT live up to the money. WR is once again not an "urgent" need. Don't get your hopes up waiting to see his name come across your screen as a Colt.

The reports of him being asked to restructure are false. I think WR is a somewhat urgent need, we only have two of three starting caliber WRs in Hilton and Wayne.

The reports of him being asked to restructure are false. I think WR is a somewhat urgent need, we only have two of three starting caliber WRs in Hilton and Wayne.

It's not urgent with this Stanford offense we're about to run. Most of our formations will be 2 TE's which means only 2 WR's will be on the field. We should at least give Whalen, Brazill, Palmer, & Kelley a chance before we bring someone in. Next year it will be urgent as I'm sure Reggie will take a step back. But right now, we're fine. Give our young guys a chance

Per rotoworld...

The Baltimore Sun reports the Ravens asked Anquan Boldin to take a $2 million pay cut from his scheduled $6 million, and he has declined.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2078/anquan-boldin/1

It's not urgent with this Stanford offense we're about to run. Most of our formations will be 2 TE's which means only 2 WR's will be on the field. We should at least give Whalen, Brazill, Palmer, & Kelley a chance before we bring someone in. Next year it will be urgent as I'm sure Reggie will take a step back. But right now, we're fine. Give our young guys a chance

We don't know how many 2 TE formation we will be running, we will not be cloning Stanford's playbook from last year, according to Hamilton, we will be trying a lot of different things.

I agree that, in my mind, WR isn't a primary need right now, but we will definitely bring someone else in if we don't keep Avery.

Hmm, Boldin denied the reports.

Yeah, I seen early yesterday that Boldin said he hadn't been approached to take a pay cut. Maybe they approached him later yesterday and then he declined. I don't know what he has to gain from denying the reports, but it seems as if he did indeed turn it down.

Yes, because elite speed is the only significant measurable of a receiver. Another inspiring post from you.

Whoa, easy big fella. Lets calm ourselves. I was only suggesting Reggie and Boldin are kind of the same player. Would be kind of redundant

The Colts and the Browns always seem to go after the Raven's leftovers , cuts, and releases. Irsay and Pagano better be careful, as the Browns, when Phil Savage was there, picked up alot of our rejects like Jamaal Lewis at the end of his career. Rex Ryan did the same thing with the Jets with Bart Scott, Jim Leonard, etc, and they are now in salary cap jail. When you are dealing with Ozzie Newsome, you're dealing with the master.

Whoa, easy big fella. Lets calm ourselves. I was only suggesting Reggie and Boldin are kind of the same player. Would be kind of redundant

Yeah two good receivers on one team, who would want that? In terms of their playing style, there are actually not similar. Boldin is aggressive and likes jump balls were he can use his strength, he usually plays down the sideline. Reggie relies on great routes, quick moves and tricks to get free from corners. Both have greats hands.

For the record, I think Boldin is too old and would want too much money for us, otherwise I would love to have him, he fights for every ball thrown his way.

The Colts and the Browns always seem to go after the Raven's leftovers , cuts, and releases. Irsay and Pagano better be careful, as the Browns, when Phil Savage was there, picked up alot of our rejects like Jamaal Lewis at the end of his career. Rex Ryan did the same thing with the Jets with Bart Scott, Jim Leonard, etc, and they are now in salary cap jail. When you are dealing with Ozzie Newsome, you're dealing with the master.

While that's partly true, we're also getting talent from the CFL, AFL.... basically anyone Grigson can get his hands on. Gotta love how he's making these moves for us

I don't know whether the Colts will sign Boldin or not,and I don't know what type of money it would take to sign him.To Say he is to slow,or to old,is ridiculous,the man just had one of the most dominate, playoff-Super Bowl runs,of any player in NFL history.I personally would love to see the Colts sign Boldin.I believe with Boldin and O-line help, the Colts would be unstoppable, but to say he is to old or to slow, just shows a lack of football knowledge

Colts have only picked up low dollar filler guys...not too worried about it

The Ravens look to release Boldin.

He will fit nicely as our #2 receiver and will give us that big play, physical presence we desperately lack.

He will come cheaper than most WR's..

I think he would be a great addition.

Wow....possibly getting rid of the guy that almost single-handedly got them past the colts and through the playoffs....

Boldin still has alot left in him, and is a winner. He would help any team with his leadership, but it all comes down to the price, and team needs. Obviously, I like Kruger alot, but the Ravens will not be able to afford him. I think Boldin has about 2-3 good years left in him, sort of like Derrick Mason did when the Ravens extended him . Kruger had a great year with 9 sacks, and 4.5 extra during the post season. The question is, can he do it outside of the Raven's schemes, without Terrell Suggs who usually got double teams, and show that this one year out of four with the Ravens, wasn't a fluke.