Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Mortensen thinks we're in the run for Darrelle Revis...

Indyfan4life

A source tells ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the 49ers' interest in Darrelle Revis is ".001 on a scale of 1-10."

We're hesitant to take this report at face value. Now that the Jets have essentially put their cards on the table, the leverage game is on. Even if the Niners do want to deal for Revis, coming out and saying so would be silly. They'll be trying to execute the trade while giving up as few assets as possible, as will a fistful of other teams. The Falcons, Bucs, Colts and Eagles all make some sense as eventual trade partners for the Jets.

Related: 49ers

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter Mar 6 - 10:50 AM

Not sure if I'm buying into this or not.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A source tells ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the 49ers' interest in Darrelle Revis is ".001 on a scale of 1-10."

We're hesitant to take this report at face value. Now that the Jets have essentially put their cards on the table, the leverage game is on. Even if the Niners do want to deal for Revis, coming out and saying so would be silly. They'll be trying to execute the trade while giving up as few assets as possible, as will a fistful of other teams. The Falcons, Bucs, Colts and Eagles all make some sense as eventual trade partners for the Jets.

Related: 49ers

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter Mar 6 - 10:50 AM

Not sure if I'm buying into this or not.

Grigson's not going after Revis   no way

A Davis and Revis would be amazing. But it will not happen. We need the draft picks, and next off season Revis is gonna want a 16-18 mio a year contract (provided he plays at his usual level). We could than franchise him, but it would be a 2 year experience. Nah, pass. Get a good corner in FA or draft one.

Is there anyway we can hold like a workout day for him? To see if he's back to himself? Or is there a rule against that in the NFL?

I just don't want us to get the short end of the deal if we do go for him. It's like the commercial says, "show me the carfax" haha I want us to see if Revis will still be Revis like how Peterson was still..... actually was better than the old Peterson lol

Albert Breer reported something along the lines of a 1st round pick this year and a conditional 2nd round pick next year (depending on his health issue) could make sense.

I almost would take that. I think Revis is worth a 1st & 2nd round pick. 

The only thing I'm hesitant about is that amount of money Revis will cost and if his ego will get in the way of him wanting more every year.

I feel the key here is that this more than likely would hurt our draft this year and next.  If they take Satele I am game for a trade :)  

We have to few picks this year, and we cannot grow simply with veterans.  We need the rookies....here I am crying because we do not have more picks again and the darned 49ers have 12 or whatever...GRRRR

Make no mistake...I love Revis!!!  :)

Albert Breer reported something along the lines of a 1st round pick this year and a conditional 2nd round pick next year (depending on his health issue) could make sense.

I almost would take that. I think Revis is worth a 1st & 2nd round pick. 

The only thing I'm hesitant about is that amount of money Revis will cost and if his ego will get in the way of him wanting more every year.

Good post Coltswarriors.  Out of likes...  I feel that coming to what is more of a 'family' atmosphere sometimes gets that ego in check.  Especially when being a part of the Rex Ryan/Woody Johnson/Tebow/New York Jet everyday circus.

If Revis came here, he can just play football...do what he does best.  Pagano's personality and demeanor would help Revis 'Check the ego at the door.'   :thmup:

True, but normally when he or Schefter say a team is interested/makes sense for, they are usually involved with getting that person. Guess we'll see.

He just named teams with secondary needs...not exactly rocket science. I don't think anybody will trade for revis because he is a pain in the butt, wants HUGE money, and is coming off acl.

a lot of people wanta CB with our first round pick....I would not be upset if we traded our first round pick for Revis as long as we worked a contract out that made him affordable for the next 4-5 years

He just named teams with secondary needs...not exactly rocket science. I don't think anybody will trade for revis because he is a pain in the butt, wants HUGE money, and is coming off acl.

I'm aware it isn't "rocket science" but he wouldn't just list us if it wasn't a realistic possibility that we would pursue him.

Question:  Before the last couple of years with Ryan's loud mouthed antics, did we ever hear of Revis causing any problems or mouthing off.  

You guys may know better than me on this topic...I recall him playing simply the best CB in the league.  I too would have a cockiness about me if I was the best at my craft....Just a question here...I think Revis was a product of the environment....maybe I am wrong. :thinking:

You are wrong! :D  :D 

He complained about money again and again and again.
And I do believe the Jets had a good pass defense without him last year.
Sign him at a Big contract and you guarantee a weaker roster.
Healthy and for the $6m he is due, certainly a 1 year bargain.

We are 2-3 years away or more from having a Strong, experienced roster wouldn`t you think?
Revis IMO, would be a HUGE detriment to building that strong roster.

You are wrong! :D  :D 

He complained about money again and again and again.

And I do believe the Jets had a good pass defense without him last year.

Sign him at a Big contract and you guarantee a weaker roster.

Healthy and for the $6m he is due, certainly a 1 year bargain.

We are 2-3 years away or more from having a Strong, experienced roster wouldn`t you think?

Revis IMO, would be a HUGE detriment to building that strong roster.

First time for everything  :funny:

I still do not remember him that way before the last few years...but that is OK...

Question:  Before the last couple of years with Ryan's loud mouthed antics, did we ever hear of Revis causing any problems or mouthing off.  

You guys may know better than me on this topic...I recall him playing simply the best CB in the league.  I too would have a cockiness about me if I was the best at my craft....Just a question here...I think Revis was a product of the environment....maybe I am wrong. :thinking:

I was just referring to his never ending complaints about $$, his contract, holding out....to the NY media no less. He has an agent...let him do his job.

I was just referring to his never ending complaints about $$, his contract, holding out....to the NY media no less. He has an agent...let him do his job.

I gotcha!  New York is so easy to get into an uproar over anything.  They were on that silly Hard Knocks...all of the circus around Holmes, Bart Scott...Sanchez...Ryan's toe fetish....Heck...I would complain for more freaking money too!   lmao  :lol:

Just razzing Brent.

You know the Ravens just didn`t show Flacco the RESPECT when they offered him $17M per before last season.

It was All about respect! As I shake my head and say bu bu bu bul. oney

We all know that all Flacco needed was the masterful Jim Caldwell to leading him to the Brink's truck!!!  

jim-caldwell1.jpgrs4.jpg

I guess I was unaware Brinks Trucks carried Budweiser????   :)

I feel the key here is that this more than likely would hurt our draft this year and next.  If they take Satele I am game for a trade :)

We have to few picks this year, and we cannot grow simply with veterans.  We need the rookies....here I am crying because we do not have more picks again and the darned 49ers have 12 or whatever...GRRRR

Make no mistake...I love Revis!!!   :)

Love him as well if i know hes healthy,and with Satele im game for a trade lol dont matter what we get back ,3rnd draft pick would be great IMO

Only saying we're interested based on the fact we could use a CB. We're interested in CB's. I doubt we're interested in Revis in the least.

It's going to take a bounty to get him, and then a pile of cash to keep him. Also, Vontae Davis is, I believe, in a contract year as well, and if he plays well this season it's gonna cost us to keep him.

Safest route is to stick woth the Davis deal, and try to draft a good corner.

Superman, on 06 Mar 2013 - 12:16, said:

But that's not what Mortensen said. The headline is misleading.

Then I make the statement that until Mort, Adam, Clayton or whoever say "The Indianapolis Colts are attempting to sign player X" we should never take it as we're interested in signing that player. -_-

We dont know if hes healthy 1rst,does he have tude?you bet !can Pagano handle him? you bet! if healthy does he have mad cover skills? yep,would he ruin this team no! the veterans on this team would line him out in a heart beat,Give the leadership on this team some credit

What's this attitude people keep talking about?

This fan base has been to used to people being quiet and never getting out of line, that as soon as they hear of someone who hasn't been an angel their entire NFL career are bad apples and have attitude issues.

Then I make the statement that until Mort, Adam, Clayton or whoever say "The Indianapolis Colts are attempting to sign player X" we should never take it as we're interested in signing that player. -_-

People can infer that the team is interested in signing someone without reference to one of these media guys. You could have done that here. If you had said that YOU think we're in the running for Revis, and based that on Mortensen's comments about the Colts making sense, that would have been entirely different.

But in your thread title, you said "Mortensen thinks we're in the running," and that's NOT what Mortensen said.

Maybe it's splitting hairs, but there's a difference between saying the Colts would make sense as a landing spot and saying "I think the Colts are in the running."

What's this attitude people keep talking about?

Well theres more than one kind Dustin,he has a few,the one i like is swag because if healthy he backs it on the field,the unhappy about his contract disrupting tude i can and we can live with out,you gotta be proffesional about it,onfield if healthy IMO one of the best cover dbs ive seen