Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can We Beat The Steelers? Is It Possible?

oldunclemark

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone informed our Defensive coaches and coordinators that we do not have Manning in the lineup at this time?

I'm just curious...maybe they aren't aware that they shouldn't be playing that timid, 7 yds off, "hope ya don't score" defense.

I'm sure if they knew that we don't have that high-powered offense to rely on, they'd be coming up with much more aggressive schemes to try and get some turnovers, and try and control the game from the defensive side of the ball...

...wouldn't they...

wait...

...maybe not.

No way! With Collins, absolutely no way. They are gonna roll us. Sure the Steelers lost week one. Im sure no one wants to admit it, but I bet its a worse game than the steelers v. seahawks game. I know its pessimistic. The glass is half empty with Collins on the field. We have a better chance with Painter. At least he will be quicker in the pocket. I hope I'm wrong about the colts losing, but I know I'm right about playing Painter!!!

thank god someone can see this! its all about the pocket, o line gives u a couple seconds to make a play at qb. its not a gravy train to the superbowl, which collins apparently thinks it is.

Coffee, where can one get some of your enthusiasm?

Watch the individual players, understand what their assignments are, figure out who is making the mistakes and why and then watch how then gets improved by leaps in one week.

Then watch the other team and see how they are playing rather than just making assumptions based on their past reputation.

For example the Steelers front 3 has not played well in the 1st two games. They have an awesome LB corps but if their front 3 don't play well the LBers suffer as well. T. Jackson completed nearly 70% of his passes playing with a short passing attack against the Steelers, that is something the Colts can exploit.

On the other side, Seattle does not do a good job of generating a rush so that allowed Ben R. to sit back there and double and triple pump before he got rid of it, he won't be able to do that against the Colts with Freeney and Mathis and Nevis, especially when their oline is not that good.

This.

Be cool let them team adjust. It will be a good character buliding experience.I think we will see a few good players rise up.

I think we can get people deep on their safeties...

...This is a good matchup for Indy because they dont have a dominant squad of corenerbacks

..and they have an immobile QB...

Sunday night...sellout crowd...Colts must win...

....remember..Collins is getting more hooked into his receivers every day..

massive blow out sorry to say. just the 4 linebackers alone scare me to death (Harrison, Woodley, Farrior, Timmons). Going to be like the sheep getting put out in the field knowing quite well there's a wolf coming to feast.

I think it's very possible. Why? Only because I've seen my Pittsburgh Steelers teams beat the best of the best, the elites, and then swing back around and look God-awful against obvious inferior opponents. The line? Don't sweat it. I saw the Oakland Raiders march into Heinz Field in 2009, right in front of me, and beat us STRAIGHT UP as 14 point under-dawgs. Of course Polamalu and the rest of our defense was injured but it can happen.

Even with Manning, I thought the Colts are very well on the downside but without Manning, Indy has a bad team at best, which worries me. They are coming back home, Sunday Night, in front of their fans trying to avoid a 0-3 start. That to me, is one dangerous football team regardless. Us Steelers fans still got that filth from week 1 in our mouth's and the Steelers are still angry over it so in theory, Pittsburgh should destroy but like I says before, I'm not sold on my Steelers until they show me they are better than what they showed in week 1. I learned that NO GAME in the NFL is a gimmie.

I think it's very possible. Why? Only because I've seen my Pittsburgh Steelers teams beat the best of the best, the elites, and then swing back around and look God-awful against obvious inferior opponents. The line? Don't sweat it. I saw the Oakland Raiders march into Heinz Field in 2009, right in front of me, and beat us STRAIGHT UP as 14 point under-dawgs. Of course Polamalu and the rest of our defense was injured but it can happen.

Even with Manning, I thought the Colts are very well on the downside but without Manning, Indy has a bad team at best, which worries me. They are coming back home, Sunday Night, in front of their fans trying to avoid a 0-3 start. That to me, is one dangerous football team regardless. Us Steelers fans still got that filth from week 1 in our mouth's and the Steelers are still angry over it so in theory, Pittsburgh should destroy but like I says before, I'm not sold on my Steelers until they show me they are better than what they showed in week 1. I learned that NO GAME in the NFL is a gimmie.

It's pretty sad when fans of other teams are trying to convince us our team has a chance...

thank god someone can see this! its all about the pocket, o line gives u a couple seconds to make a play at qb. its not a gravy train to the superbowl, which collins apparently thinks it is.

what do you mean ? collins has 2 sec, brady has 10 to 14, sec brady will make mistakes with that much time, too many choices , oops collins has no choices he is sacked

what do you mean ? collins has 2 sec, brady has 10 to 14, sec brady will make mistakes with that much time, too many choices , oops collins has no choices he is sacked

haha, welcome to our world. Our QB has run for his life for God knows how long. Ben's foot doesn't even hit the turf on a 3 step drop and he has lineman in his face. Thank God he's a big boy and plays back-yard ball when he needs to, one of the best at getting out of pressure and extending. Brady on the other hand, has 10 solid seconds to go through his 1st option, all the way to his 4th option. Quite sickening.

UNITAS but really cant compare s 2 different eras

Unitas played when you could drive the QB into the ground with all the force you had and no rules at all to protect him. He still managed to win three world championships and holds all time record for consecutive game TD passes. You are right it was two different era's and Unitas was the best by far in his.

haha, welcome to our world. Our QB has run for his life for God knows how long. Ben's foot doesn't even hit the turf on a 3 step drop and he has lineman in his face. Thank God he's a big boy and plays back-yard ball when he needs to, one of the best at getting out of pressure and extending. Brady on the other hand, has 10 solid seconds to go through his 1st option, all the way to his 4th option. Quite sickening.

every team needs to go after brady, he gets shook under pressure

Well, I'm going to go against the grain of this thread and say the Colts will be 1-2 after Sunday. And not only will the Colts win but it will be a convincing win, seven to 10 points. The Colts definitely aren't the same without Manning, but football is about match-ups and the Colts match up well with Pittsburgh.

You have Roethlisberger who likes to stand in the pocket and double pump the ball looking for a bigger play and two tackles that will not be able to handle Freeney and Mathis by themselves and two first time starters at guard. Mendenhall is not running the ball well so far because the guards are not able to open holes up and Mendenhall is not creating his own running lanes. The receivers vs the Colts secondary is in Pittsburgh favor but the big play ability of is negated by the rush.

The Colts O vs the D. Collins will struggle again, but I doubt if he is going to go nearly an entire half without completing a pass again. The Steelers D right now is giving up a lot of shorter stuff in the middle of the field and that is one area where Collins does half way descent. Plus the Steeler D is not playing against the run well. I know most of it was against the Ravens but they have given up 4.6 ypc. Even in the Seattle game there were some huge lanes that Lynch did not hit, plus Lynch is not that good and the Seattle oline is really bad at run blocking. Part of the reason is Hampton has not looked good in the plays I've watched, he's pretty much being handled by one man. So look for even more Addai/Carter.

People can call me a homer or whatever but the Colts are not as bad as the score has looked and, like I stated at the beginning, I don't believe there is a way for Collins to play almost the entire 2nd half without a completion.

Steeler fan here. I don't want to sound like a homer but I have been reading your boards, and notice a great deal of mention about Ben holding onto the ball, about Harrison and a lot about Woodley. There are a few things you are forgetting about, namely Brown, Miller, Timmons, Hampton and Smith.

Yes Ben does hold onto the ball and it drives me nuts sometimes, but he is a play maker and if you don't get him to the ground he will kill you. Ward is getting up there, but he is still effective underneath when Brown and Wallace clear it out.

They had a bad game against the Ravens, it happens to the best teams. As far as Seattle is concerned, they didn't look great, but I think that was a case of Tomlin knowing that playing sound fundamental football was enough to beat them and I think that is what they did. Seattle didn't even get across the 50 yard line until the second half and then were thrown back again. After the game Tomlin was still ticked off, even though they shut out the Seahawks. To quote him "We still haven't got the stench off us from last week." He is still ticked off.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for the Colts, when Manning is healthy the Steelers/Colts games are exciting and nail biting. This time around though I am afraid the Colts have caught the Steelers at the wrong time.

I wish Peyton the best and hope to see him playing next season.

We all saw Pittsburgh get blown up by Baltimore

..and the Steelers werent great in week 2...

...all week they're going to hear that the Colts may tank the season to get Michael Floyd (just kidding)

..At home..with Gary Brackett back..and another week of bonding from Collins and his receivers...

.....isnt there a tiny chance we can upset them and keep hope alive??

our team has not looked good but i just got some inside info that the coaches are going to have some new things in place this week,look for us to upset the steelers

I Hate the Colts. Huge PATRIOT fan. Hate is a strong word, so I will use dislike. But I love Manning even though he is SECOND fiddle to the Greatest QB of ALL Time aka TOM BRADY. I have been to your dome twice and worn my Patriots stuff etc and the fans were great. Nobody through anything at me etc. I am honest enough to say that Foxboro is the WORST when it comes to visiting team fans. Fireman Joe the Jet will not even come to Foxboro for fear of geting his butt kicked.

Anyway, If I was a Colt fan, I would be * ticked off at your organization. It is obvious the entire Colt's game plan is MANNING!!! In 2008 when Brady went out for the entire Season, Matt Castle led the team to a 11-5 season. If Brady goes down again we have Hoyer, he is BETTER than Castle and we also have Mallete. Anyway Colts fans should be sending hate mail to the Colts org and calling into your sports radio complaining, the loyalty and support the colts fans have shown since the Colts 1st came to Indi, you folks deserve better. I hope you all go 0-16 so you get a 1st round pick next year.

Lastly, We ALL know playing in a Dome Stadium is EASIER and with out a doubt this proves that Brady is the Better than Manning. I do NOT want Manning going out on an injury the ESPN "all time QB list" is bullchit and it WILL be corrected. Manning plays in a dome 8 games at home, then goes to to Jacksonville, Texans lol. Football should NEVER be played inside. It should be played in conditions like last year with Patriots in Chicago in a BLIZZARD when Brady through 4 Touchdowns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Well Manning, 2nd Place QB of ALL time awaits you

JTG

Its just a game so your are free do 'hate and love' teams and player. While your admitting your love of the pats, remember Brady plays for an organization of cheaters. I don't know how they can even call themselves champions of anything. Belichick should be banned from professional sports. You know that don't you? Oh yeah, winning is everything.

Additionally, Pitsburgh is in big trouble if they cannot run on first down up the middle {I guarantee thats what they will try to do}. 2nd and long and 3rd and long they are in big trouble with the Colts pass rush and crowd noise here. Watch that first down run and see who they run at {in middle}

no one in their right mind would bet money on the Colts tonight. We do want them to win with our hearts. We all know that our hearts will most probably be broken real hard tonight on national television with all the glitz and glamor. It's a rotten shame that things had to end up this way, really is. Going 0-3 is not a death sentence, but we are walking to the gallows. Get well Peyton, and let the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes begin.

GO COLTS, BEAT PITTSBURGH !!!!!! (I'll be watching at L.O.S. or in a van down by the river.)