Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can We Beat The Steelers? Is It Possible?

oldunclemark

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....Sorry, folks. We're the worst team in the NFL. Cheering/being optimistic is good and all...but it takes blind homerism to not realize just how terrible we are and have been for some time....

Agreed - Manning has, by sheer personal willpower and force of personality, made this bunch of mostly-mediocre players and coaches competitive for several years.

Many of us have seen it and said it. Management and ownership have either been in denial or just coasting for a few years now since all games were soldout.

The impetus that will create change, IMHO, will be empty seats and the resulting impact on Irsay's wallet. He needs to put the guitars way, leave Twitter, and take charge of the golden goose his father left him before it takes a big financial dive for 5-10 years.

The Steeler's probably will only win by 3 or 4 TD'S. What do you think is going to happen against Patriot's? That game will be over half way through the first quarter. If Brady wants he might set NFL record for most points ever. What a nightmare this season is for Colt fans.

Now your just over exaggerating, the defense will not let that happen.. I believe the colts are finally getting there with their defense. All they need to do now is sure instill some discipline in their corners.. lacey to be exact, the guy gets pushed way too many times.

The Steeler's probably will only win by 3 or 4 TD'S. What do you think is going to happen against Patriot's? That game will be over half way through the first quarter. If Brady wants he might set NFL record for most points ever. What a nightmare this season is for Colt fans.

Brady and Wes Welker will eat us alive I'm afraid. Brady is playing better than I've ever seen him. His balls are rockets and Gronkowski is on fire too.

Naw. It'll probably be 21-0 by the first 2 minutes of the game. After the game, Brady will be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame.

Brady and Wes Welker will eat us alive I'm afraid. Brady is playing better than I've ever seen him. His balls are rockets and Gronkowski is on fire too.

I watched the Pats after the Colts and it was like watching high school football and then pro football; there was that big a gap.

I watched the Pats after the Colts and it was like watching high school football and then pro football; there was that big a gap.

Did anyone see that play yesterday when Brady got the snap, ordered a pizza, had it delivered, ate 2 slices and then found a wide open receiver in the endzone? Painter could go 10 and 6 with that kind of protection.

its true. you can tell the patriots are better coached than the colts by light years. patriots players seemingly always fall forward after being hit, dont lose contain on special teams, and after a fumble where possession was changed and then fumbled again they would fall on it instead of hitting it out of bounds (i think it was linkenbach who did that yesterday) :wall:

Im gonna go ahead and say, NO!

I Hate the Colts. Huge PATRIOT fan. Hate is a strong word, so I will use dislike. But I love Manning even though he is SECOND fiddle to the Greatest QB of ALL Time aka TOM BRADY. I have been to your dome twice and worn my Patriots stuff etc and the fans were great. Nobody through anything at me etc. I am honest enough to say that Foxboro is the WORST when it comes to visiting team fans. Fireman Joe the Jet will not even come to Foxboro for fear of geting his butt kicked.

Anyway, If I was a Colt fan, I would be * ticked off at your organization. It is obvious the entire Colt's game plan is MANNING!!! In 2008 when Brady went out for the entire Season, Matt Castle led the team to a 11-5 season. If Brady goes down again we have Hoyer, he is BETTER than Castle and we also have Mallete. Anyway Colts fans should be sending hate mail to the Colts org and calling into your sports radio complaining, the loyalty and support the colts fans have shown since the Colts 1st came to Indi, you folks deserve better. I hope you all go 0-16 so you get a 1st round pick next year.

Lastly, We ALL know playing in a Dome Stadium is EASIER and with out a doubt this proves that Brady is the Better than Manning. I do NOT want Manning going out on an injury the ESPN "all time QB list" is bullchit and it WILL be corrected. Manning plays in a dome 8 games at home, then goes to to Jacksonville, Texans lol. Football should NEVER be played inside. It should be played in conditions like last year with Patriots in Chicago in a BLIZZARD when Brady through 4 Touchdowns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Well Manning, 2nd Place QB of ALL time awaits you

JTG

I'm going to say no. Mendenhall is going to run the ball down our throats the same way Hillis did, and whoever Lacey covers is going to have a big game. It's tough to see us scoring more than 10 points on the Steelers defense.

I see James Harrison or anyone taking aim at LINK , case closed

I Hate the Colts. Huge PATRIOT fan. Hate is a strong word, so I will use dislike. But I love Manning even though he is SECOND fiddle to the Greatest QB of ALL Time aka TOM BRADY. I have been to your dome twice and worn my Patriots stuff etc and the fans were great. Nobody through anything at me etc. I am honest enough to say that Foxboro is the WORST when it comes to visiting team fans. Fireman Joe the Jet will not even come to Foxboro for fear of geting his butt kicked.

Anyway, If I was a Colt fan, I would be * ticked off at your organization. It is obvious the entire Colt's game plan is MANNING!!! In 2008 when Brady went out for the entire Season, Matt Castle led the team to a 11-5 season. If Brady goes down again we have Hoyer, he is BETTER than Castle and we also have Mallete. Anyway Colts fans should be sending hate mail to the Colts org and calling into your sports radio complaining, the loyalty and support the colts fans have shown since the Colts 1st came to Indi, you folks deserve better. I hope you all go 0-16 so you get a 1st round pick next year.

Lastly, We ALL know playing in a Dome Stadium is EASIER and with out a doubt this proves that Brady is the Better than Manning. I do NOT want Manning going out on an injury the ESPN "all time QB list" is bullchit and it WILL be corrected. Manning plays in a dome 8 games at home, then goes to to Jacksonville, Texans lol. Football should NEVER be played inside. It should be played in conditions like last year with Patriots in Chicago in a BLIZZARD when Brady through 4 Touchdowns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Well Manning, 2nd Place QB of ALL time awaits you

JTG

UNITAS but really cant compare s 2 different eras

UNITAS but really cant compare s 2 different eras

Lets stay in the Mid 80's till now.Not by gone era's

Montana if he was playing now would blow away Brady and Manning. The game is set up for offense and it was set up for defense prior to 2004.

anyway, AGAIN, I would be * P'Off'd if I was a Colts fan...In Indi apparently I is in TEAM..

No chance the Colts can beat the Steelers. The Steelers shut out the Seahawks while putting up 24. The Colts can't seem to score TD's when they are near scoring position which will not cut it. The Colts D will not be able to handle the pounding running game along with Big Ben scrambling.

It will be another rough one for Colts fans and everyone watching SNF. Pitt 28 - Colts 13

Anything is possible on any given sunday, but it's not likely for the Colts offense to beat their defense.

Yep....anything is possible but we've had some of our toughest losses against them even WITH Peyton.

Linkenbach vs their pass rush, in particular, gives me nausea.

And Mike Wallace running quick slants vs a 10-yard cushion?

Uh-oh.

No way! With Collins, absolutely no way. They are gonna roll us. Sure the Steelers lost week one. Im sure no one wants to admit it, but I bet its a worse game than the steelers v. seahawks game. I know its pessimistic. The glass is half empty with Collins on the field. We have a better chance with Painter. At least he will be quicker in the pocket. I hope I'm wrong about the colts losing, but I know I'm right about playing Painter!!!

Well, I'm going to go against the grain of this thread and say the Colts will be 1-2 after Sunday. And not only will the Colts win but it will be a convincing win, seven to 10 points. The Colts definitely aren't the same without Manning, but football is about match-ups and the Colts match up well with Pittsburgh.

You have Roethlisberger who likes to stand in the pocket and double pump the ball looking for a bigger play and two tackles that will not be able to handle Freeney and Mathis by themselves and two first time starters at guard. Mendenhall is not running the ball well so far because the guards are not able to open holes up and Mendenhall is not creating his own running lanes. The receivers vs the Colts secondary is in Pittsburgh favor but the big play ability of is negated by the rush.

The Colts O vs the D. Collins will struggle again, but I doubt if he is going to go nearly an entire half without completing a pass again. The Steelers D right now is giving up a lot of shorter stuff in the middle of the field and that is one area where Collins does half way descent. Plus the Steeler D is not playing against the run well. I know most of it was against the Ravens but they have given up 4.6 ypc. Even in the Seattle game there were some huge lanes that Lynch did not hit, plus Lynch is not that good and the Seattle oline is really bad at run blocking. Part of the reason is Hampton has not looked good in the plays I've watched, he's pretty much being handled by one man. So look for even more Addai/Carter.

People can call me a homer or whatever but the Colts are not as bad as the score has looked and, like I stated at the beginning, I don't believe there is a way for Collins to play almost the entire 2nd half without a completion.

Well, I'm going to go against the grain of this thread and say the Colts will be 1-2 after Sunday. And not only will the Colts win but it will be a convincing win, seven to 10 points. The Colts definitely aren't the same without Manning, but football is about match-ups and the Colts match up well with Pittsburgh.

You have Roethlisberger who likes to stand in the pocket and double pump the ball looking for a bigger play and two tackles that will not be able to handle Freeney and Mathis by themselves and two first time starters at guard. Mendenhall is not running the ball well so far because the guards are not able to open holes up and Mendenhall is not creating his own running lanes. The receivers vs the Colts secondary is in Pittsburgh favor but the big play ability of is negated by the rush.

The Colts O vs the D. Collins will struggle again, but I doubt if he is going to go nearly an entire half without completing a pass again. The Steelers D right now is giving up a lot of shorter stuff in the middle of the field and that is one area where Collins does half way descent. Plus the Steeler D is not playing against the run well. I know most of it was against the Ravens but they have given up 4.6 ypc. Even in the Seattle game there were some huge lanes that Lynch did not hit, plus Lynch is not that good and the Seattle oline is really bad at run blocking. Part of the reason is Hampton has not looked good in the plays I've watched, he's pretty much being handled by one man. So look for even more Addai/Carter.

People can call me a homer or whatever but the Colts are not as bad as the score has looked and, like I stated at the beginning, I don't believe there is a way for Collins to play almost the entire 2nd half without a completion.

Coffee, where can one get some of your enthusiasm?

I think we can beat Pittsburgh. We just can't turn the ball over. Pittsburgh rushes 6 guys everytime on defense, it's not hard to pick it up. We should've won today actually, but turnovers and 3's instead of 7's killed us. We beat ourselves today, lets go next sunday. Go Colts!

This.

Be cool let them team adjust. It will be a good character buliding experience.I think we will see a few good players rise up.

Ya know, a couple of weeks ago I was here saying that I think the Colts will be alright without Manning and the other players would rally around a bad situation and win some games, but now I have let go of my delusional thoughts and excepted the reality that this is just a bad team. Good individual players, but a bad team.

I will share this notion if we go 0-4. But it doesnt look pretty at all vs the steelers