Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

M.Mayock and R.Eisen question why M.Faulk is not on Colts ring of honor?

Coltscodeblue

At the NFL Combine Saturday at the Colts Lucas Oil Stadium after speaking with Marshall Faulk off camera M.Mayock and R.Eison said coming back on the air and commented why isn't Marshall Faulk on the Colts ring of honor, so I'm asking Colts fans and others on this forum if Marshall Faulk should be on the Colts ring of honor?????

We'll by the tone of their voices as they mentioned it and it was confusing to them why he's not on the ROH and they are respectable experts and they question it and just wanted to ask since I didn't see anybody else commenting on their comments, so was I the only Colts fan to watch the whole thing?

Go Colts...

He played here 5 season's and honestly never done anything spectacular. Most yds. he ever rushed for here was 1319 yds..

He had problems here too that I remember. He had turf toe or something and if I remember correctly the team didn't think he was really injured that badly and he was just kind of going through the motions.

Before he was traded, he held out for a new contract and Polian didn't play that game so he shipped him out. I don't think Faulk left a real positive image with the team before he left.

I consider him a Ram as well, so I wonder why they the experts thought he should be on the Colts ROH, I should have did a poll! Does anybody have a twitter account and follow M.Mayock and R.Eisen? I don't have twitter and not sure how it works and can followers actually tweet questions to them and ask why they want M.Faulk on the Colts ROH?? I would like to know why they since they didn't elaborate on why.

Is M.Faulk on the Rams ROH?????

I consider him a Ram as well, so I wonder why they the experts thought he should be on the Colts ROH, I should have did a poll! Does anybody have a twitter account and follow M.Mayock and R.Eisen? I don't have twitter and not sure how it works and can followers actually tweet questions to them and ask why they want M.Faulk on the Colts ROH?? I would like to know why they since they didn't elaborate on why.

Is M.Faulk on the Rams ROH?????

he did get honored in 2011

When I heard them mentioning he should be on the Colts ROH my first thought was turf toe he had all the time and went to Rams and that problem to my knowledge never came up again, so he's a Ram and since as point out by stryker and anarchist that he's in the Rams ROH then he shouldn't be on the Colts ROH as well, great post guys. :}

Go Colts!!!!!

Ps. @ stryker thanks for using a small quote box, those huge quote boxes are getting out of hand, if there is a certain quote from another poster, just highlight it and copy and paste that little quote you want to answer or comment on, I do it and it's easy...

I guess the argument could go both ways but I didn't realize that he gained almost yards on his 4/5 years here as his 6+ years as a Ram.  His Rams team was explosive but he did get a whole bunch of yards here.  Wasn't he also Rookie of the year? That said yes I consider him a Ram but I do have his auto on my Colts hat.  Also as one comment was he burned some bridges as he left and that sometimes comes back and haunts you.

It's a difficult one but right now the answer is no but my views may change/soften as time goes on.  Also I wouldn't complain if he does or doesn't become a ROH honoree.  I wonder what his feelings are?  Does he feel he belongs because of his numbers? Or does he feel he belongs because he was a Colts?

I've thought I've noticed Faulk's dislike for the Colts  sneak out on several occassions especially if Faulk is talking to Deon or Irvin if Indy happens to be the topic of discussion...

Always seemed like Faulk holds a grudge against the Colts, thanks to Polian letting him go, even though it was the right decision for both parties....

I have no memory on past comments he made on what his thoughts and feeling on weather he considers himself more of a Ram than a Colt at the end of his career, I would imagine a Ram since he did win a championship with them. He didn't comment on Mayock and Eisen comment and I know he had to hear about it from others and because when they came back from a break and just before they made the comments I heard them thanking M.Faulk for being with them and he was walking away if re-call right, I assume it was only brought up since they just spoken to him and them being in Indy and they just had to ask...

Faulk,  although deserving...   has never really "embraced" Indy...      maybe still mad about Indy not paying him?

And he did not play one down of Indy's EPIC 95 playoff run.   .  

Had Marshall and Potts played I really believe Indy would have won the SB going away.     L: Warren was OK, but Faulk was dynamic.

Well seeing how Harbaugh is on it, Faulk should be. Why he isn't? I have no idea. Maybe Jim Irsay didn't like him

Right On...   he considers himself a Ram...  let him be a Ram....     Indy has done fine with out him....

I say that if he is a Ram at heart he needs to remain a Ram at heart....he is in their ROH....therefore in my mind he is a Ram....case closed in my closed mind :)

I've thought I've noticed Faulk's dislike for the Colts  sneak out on several occassions especially if Faulk is talking to Deon or Irvin if Indy happens to be the topic of discussion...

Always seemed like Faulk holds a grudge against the Colts, thanks to Polian letting him go, even though it was the right decision for both parties....

It did work out...  but had Bill blew that James pick we may have had a new GM a lot sooner.

Faulk was a stud, i really hated to see him go.

BrentMc11 says: case closed in my closed mind< I bet others feel the same way, so your not the only one!!!!! :}LOL

Yea he's a Ram for life and doesn't need to be on the ROH at LOS...

Jvan made the comment: He was the first Indianapolis colts player drafted that has been inducted into the hall.

An enshrinee is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

I guess the argument could go both ways but I didn't realize that he gained almost yards on his 4/5 years here as his 6+ years as a Ram. 

Well.................. sort of

Note that his yards per rush attempt was 3.8 for Indy, 4.8 for the Rams. He coughed up more than 60% of his career fumbles for the Colts in a lot less games. Scored about 60% of his TDs for the Rams, including EIGHTEEN in one year. Then there's that thing about being the linchpin of a team that went to two SBs. I doubt that he would ever have been considered a candidate for the HOF if the balance of his career had continued the way that it gone with the Colts. I like the guy now based on his tv work, but he always seemed like a bit of a jerk when he was with the Colts, and I don't think that the fact that he is a HOFer should retroactively elevate the worth of his Colts career. He just wasn't an all-timer when here.

Then again, I also felt that he wasn't used as well with the Colts as he was with the Rams. The few times that I was able to watch them play, I used to scream at the tv as they persisted in doing things like repeatedly running him up the middle in short yardage. Faulk was like a bulked up Lydell Mitchell - "just get him the darn ball in space and let him make something happen".

With that in mind, I have to ask if anyone has ever taken a look at that draft year? I loved Edge, but Torry Holt was taken a couple of picks later. The Colts could have kept Faulk, drafted Holt, and perhaps THEY would have had "the greatest show on turf". Or make that crazy trade with NO, and take Champ Bailey instead. They'd have locked up a position which 10 years later was still their Achille's heel, and garnered enough extra picks to worry about RB another time. By the way, they drafted Rob Morris the following year. With the Williams trade, they would have been in position to take Brian Urlacher instead. : haha;. Ah, any fan can torture themselves in this fashion, but it can be fun to dream.

Faulk,  although deserving...   has never really "embraced" Indy...      maybe still mad about Indy not paying him?

And he did not play one down of Indy's EPIC 95 playoff run.   .  

Had Marshall and Potts played I really believe Indy would have won the SB going away.     L: Warren was OK, but Faulk was dynamic.

All fair points. Based on the tone of the board, it seems that we all share similar sentiments regarding this issue. No one seems to be clamoring to add him to the ROH, so let sleeping dogs lie. He made his choices and we have all moved on fine. C'est La Vie...

Well.................. sort of

Note that his yards per rush attempt was 3.8 for Indy, 4.8 for the Rams. He coughed up more than 60% of his career fumbles for the Colts in a lot less games. Scored about 60% of his TDs for the Rams, including EIGHTEEN in one year. Then there's that thing about being the linchpin of a team that went to two SBs. I doubt that he would ever have been considered a candidate for the HOF if the balance of his career had continued the way that it gone with the Colts. I like the guy now based on his tv work, but he always seemed like a bit of a jerk when he was with the Colts, and I don't think that the fact that he is a HOFer should retroactively elevate the worth of his Colts career. He just wasn't an all-timer when here.

Then again, I also felt that he wasn't used as well with the Colts as he was with the Rams. The few times that I was able to watch them play, I used to scream at the tv as they persisted in doing things like repeatedly running him up the middle in short yardage. Faulk was like a bulked up Lydell Mitchell - "just get him the darn ball in space and let him make something happen".

With that in mind, I have to ask if anyone has ever taken a look at that draft year? I loved Edge, but Torry Holt was taken a couple of picks later. The Colts could have kept Faulk, drafted Holt, and perhaps THEY would have had "the greatest show on turf". Or make that crazy trade with NO, and take Champ Bailey instead. They'd have locked up a position which 10 years later was still their Achille's heel, and garnered enough extra picks to worry about RB another time. By the way, they drafted Rob Morris the following year. With the Williams trade, they would have been in position to take Brian Urlacher instead. : haha;. Ah, any fan can torture themselves in this fashion, but it can be fun to dream.

No problem MAC.  Faulk was part of the Greatest Show and he had weapons surrounding him with the Rams.  He didn't have much with the Colts! Like I said at least I've got his autograph on a Colts cap.  Also on the Faulk draft didn't they have two picks in the top ten?  Faulk and Trev Alberts? I would venture out and say "IF" the Colts traded those two picks and maybe gotten 4 picks in the first two rounds.

We'll by the tone of their voices as they mentioned it and it was confusing to them why he's not on the ROH and they are respectable experts and they question it and just wanted to ask since I didn't see anybody else commenting on their comments, so was I the only Colts fan to watch the whole thing?

Go Colts...

No I heard them question it, and I simply spoke out loud and said he doesnt deserve to be on the ring of honor in indy, what he accomplished in St. Louis far exceeds anything he did in indy. Why would he even want to be in our ring of honor and not St. Louis?

Faulk and Dickerson are the reason why Irsay says something to extent of players have to meet "other" requirements to go into the Ring of Honor than just be a great player.  Neither one of them really embraced Indianapolis and frankly have come across as if they would be just as happy if people forgot they were Colts and thought of them as Rams only. 

5300 yard rushing gets you on the ring of honor? IDK about that. Quite honestly I think the only reason Harbaugh is  up there is because he led the team to its first playoff and playoff wins in the INDY era. Otherwise his stats are less than spectacular as a colt as well.

First playoff WIN, yes. They made the playoffs in 87 and lost to the Browns. I remember it well because my grandma died that day.

Anyway, I don't think Faulk was completely embraced by the fan base. He was a brash personality. I spent two training camps in Anderson working as the equivalent of a camp "ball boy" while in high school. He was kind of an arrogant jerk. I think he somewhat wore out his welcome here. He thought it was his team and wasn't going to accept Manning taking the from him. While he was a big contributor, the team didn't exactly enjoy a lot of success during his tenure.

I think we're all in agreement he's not worthy of any consideration for the Colts ROH and it was the heat of the moment and without thinking to clearly for Mayock and Eisen to even comment and suggest he should be on the Colts ROH. I hope after they thought about it they would realize it wasn't a good question. I will of course watch next years combine from start to finish and see if they do comment again...

Marshall Faulk had i bad year that I recall turf toe but really did good as a Colt  . I would like to know why myself maybe I'll do a Colts mail bag because I am curious .

IMO he acts like it would hurt him to say anything good about the Colts & always picks against the Colts . I don't like him but his career here was'nt to shabby .

:colts:

He played here 5 season's and honestly never done anything spectacular. Most yds. he ever rushed for here was 1319 yds..

He had problems here too that I remember. He had turf toe or something and if I remember correctly the team didn't think he was really injured that badly and he was just kind of going through the motions.

Before he was traded, he held out for a new contract and Polian didn't play that game so he shipped him out. I don't think Faulk left a real positive image with the team before he left.

Pretty much this, and the fact that he had a touch af fumble-itis with us (not so much Rams) and not an electrifying fan favorite. And Edgerrin James stepped in and eclipsed his numbers right from the get go.  But I always felt Faulk was pretty awesome player and maybe he should get up on the Colts ROH at some point.  

Faulk and Dickerson are the reason why Irsay says something to extent of players have to meet "other" requirements to go into the Ring of Honor than just be a great player.  Neither one of them really embraced Indianapolis and frankly have come across as if they would be just as happy if people forgot they were Colts and thought of them as Rams only. 

Makes sense.  It does take more than just numbers (which Faulk no doubt had).  I defer to those in the know.

Pretty much this, and the fact that he had a touch af fumble-itis with us (not so much Rams) and not an electrifying fan favorite. And Edgerrin James stepped in and eclipsed his numbers right from the get go.  But I always felt Faulk was pretty awesome player and maybe he should get up on the Colts ROH at some point.  

I always thought Faulk gave the Colts half effort a lot of the time. Just my opinion, but that's the way it looked much of the time to me. Not to mention, that since he left here, he has always seemed to me that he has an attitude towards the organization. It didn't break my heart when we shipped him out, although I thought the return we got was pretty weak.

You could glue his name over the Robert Irsay Ring of Honor placard, if you lack room at the stadium for Faulk. LOL  We have Ernest Byner of the Browns for some reason in the Baltimore Ravens Ring of Honor. He played one year with the Ravens, and was a coach there for five years, but I'm not sure how that gets you in the Ring Of Honor. I think he should be considered for the Denver Broncos Ring of Honor for " The Fumble," that cost the Browns the title. I think Modell must have really liked the guy. Maybe Jim Irsay didn't like Faulk.

I loved Marshall. I know we could never have kept him because of the money but he was electric. I agree to that if he stayed healthy during that playoff run we may have had a SB appearance. He was kinda like our Ladanian Tomlinson.  Just wasn't healthy for our big games though. Should he be on the ring of honor...I think he should have been consulted. Certainly we haven't had many backs like that in our Indy days. If he wanted to be honored we should have at least done something then because he was special...even for a few seasons. I just never see his highlights for us and maybe he wants to be remembered as a Ram IDK but surely he was an important player in our Indy history.

I say that if he is a Ram at heart he needs to remain a Ram at heart....he is in their ROH....therefore in my mind he is a Ram....case closed in my closed mind :)

Right On...   he considers himself a Ram...  let him be a Ram....     Indy has done fine with out him....

Yup, I completely concur with that belief too gentlemen 100%  :thmup: That's where he got his SB ring...St. Louis not Indianapolis...That's where you retire your number. 

$(KGrHqJHJB!E-EtEG7n)BPtU!nn1C!~~60_12.J