Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What about this free agent pick up?

emac

Felix Jones - Dallas Cowboys

When he was drafted I thought he was better than Darren McFadden. I actually live in Dallas but am a Colts fan and have seen the Cowboys tear apart good running backs for years. I am thinking him to be a compliment to Vick Ballard. I understand he has had injuries but if we can get him cheap.....what do you think?

I suppose you could say something for his potential, but exactly what has he done that Brown hasn't?

And many dislike Brown.

Simple, His name is  Donald Brown that is all it takes for many people to dump all over him, Me personally I think Brown will be very much a part of our offense next year and that Felix Jones could land in Miami if Bush walks

I would take F Jones as a third back in the stable but he has never stayed healthy so what makes you think this year and beyond would be any different? Our oline get fixed and maybe he gets to run without being hammered like ours have over the past fer years but unless we get girds to block, Jones will not do any better than Brown has and hence it will be a waste of money cause he will get broken as well.

Any Cowboys fan that I know want Felix Jones gone.

All I hear that he was injured most of time and even when he was healthy he wasn't utilized much.

I personally don't see why any team takes a RB in the first couple rounds anymore unless you are certain they will be a Pro Bowl player coming out of college. You can find guys in the later rounds that are better than guys in the first.

No way on F. Jones. Don't really see what his skill set would add to what we have in Ballard and Brown.

Here's a full list of FA RBs:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/12/3978034/2013-nfl-free-agents-running-backs-steven-jackson

Out of all of them, I would take Woodhead (a type of player we don't have on the roster who would be solid catching out of the backfield) or Mendenhall (still young and proven to be a feature #1 RB, something we also don't have, imo). That being said, I'm not really sure we need to pick up a FA RB...

thought about this and decided that Jones is not an upgrade over Brown or Ballard... That being said, I don't have any problems with a three headed monster at RB... Jones would be an upgrade over Moore and provide a lot of what he was brought in to do, but I like Deji and his potential on ST better...

We still don't have that receiving threat out of the backfield, but that would be too specific of a need for us to target someone... I think we can start looking more closely at RBs after next season, when we know more about what we have and what we will be asking our guys to do come game day...