Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My first thread/mock draft!

Hello, I am new to this forum so I hope you guys/girls enjoy my first thread. I'm going to design this thread as kind of a forum activity. I'm looking at this as sort of a "group mock draft!" (first round only). I have been reading many different mock drafts and everyone seems to have a different opinon on who we should draft with our first round pick... so I am going to list all of the Most Likely players that will be there when the 24th selection rolls around (A-Z), and the ONE prospect with the most votes will be voted the "Forums Favorite Pick" (PRE-COMBINE) lol

And remeber its all fun and games so please feel free to join in!

Remeber you can only chose one!

PS. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blueshoe:

A. Xavier Rhodes

B. Jonathan Banks

C. Jonathan Cooper

D. Matt Elam

E. Kenny Vaccaro

F. Sheldon Richardson

G. Lane Johnson

H. Desmond Trufaunt

I. Alec Ogletree

J. Sam Montgomery

K. Jon Jenkins

L. Jessie Williams

M. Eric Ried

N. Larry Warford

O. Manti Teo

P. Jonathan Hankins

Q. Barrett Jones

R. Dion Jordan

S. Keenan Allen

T. Cordelle Patterson

U. Shariff Floyd

V. Ziggy Ansah

W. Dallas Thomas

Y. Kawann Short

Z. Alex Okafor

Hope I got everyone...Enjoy!!! :blueshoe:

Okay......I have to qualify my pick by assuming we do not sign a free agent OLB or DE. In which case we'd have solved our O-line needs in free agency.

So now that I've totally convoluted my reasoning.... :)

.....if Dion Jordan falls to #24....I would take him among these players.

I think O-Line should be taken in the 1st round seeing as there is much success in the NFL with teams having more than one 1st rounder on the line. We may only have ONE 1st rounder on the line after this but I hope we pair him up with someone amazing from FA.

So my pick will go to... Either Warmack or Cooper. For now I will go with Cooper. He could really open up our running game in a new offense. We need that right away to prove the new scheme will work. If we can get a run game going then the WRs will better adopt their new roles.

Meh I like Elam but not enough to draft him, rather get a SS in the middle rounds, Brandan Bishop very underrated, 12 picks in his career as a SS and 164 tackles with 25 pass deflections and he can hit forcing 4 fumbles, only thing Bishop does not have is the sacks and how often did we bring our Safeties down in the box last year to do that? He been brought down in run support in college and does it very well

J -Sam Montgomery best run stopping olb in the draft. Will be freeney's replacement and start opposite mathis. We can get a cb o-line in free agency and a safety in round 3 but we need a olb more.

Maybe it's just me, but I would rather have the best pass rusher when drafting a pass rusher. Not that his play vs the run wouldn't be a plus, but they get paid for harassing the QB.

Maybe it's just me, but I would rather have the best pass rusher when drafting a pass rusher. Not that his play vs the run wouldn't be a plus, but they get paid for harassing the QB.

I'd rather have a guy that can do both, we had Freeney for years and the formula was simple, run at Freeney he cant stop it, simple way of avoiding his pass rush was to make him stop the run, Rather go with Okafor

I'd rather have a guy that can do both, we had Freeney for years and the formula was simple, run at Freeney he cant stop it, simple way of avoiding his pass rush was to make him stop the run, Rather go with Okafor

Of course u would want both....running stopping just isn't the first thing I would look for in a pass rusher is all I was saying. There is a reason Anthony Spencer was considered a disappointment until this year.....he never consistently rushed the passer.

We need a playmarker so we can get the offense more drives....hence we gotta go CB/S in first. OL being secondary in first if all possible first rouders CBS are off. at all cost stay away from NT in first.(Mckinney and Chapman need a chance)

1. Rhodes

2. Banks

3. Elam

4. Trufant

5. Varraco

Those guys will still look bad if the colts don't have a pass rush

Defensive Draft

1RD:  Banks, Elam, Ansah, Minter, Hankins

2RD: NA

3RD: Thomas, Porter, Jenkins

4RD: Geathers, Gholston, Slay

5RD: Simon, Cyprien, Robey

6RD: Lester, Motta, McDonald,

7RD: ?

Offensive Draft

1RD: Cooper, Johnson, Warmack, Jones

2RD: NA

3RD: Warford, Watson, Thomas, Harper, 

4RD: Rogers, Barner

5RD: Bailey, Holmes

6RD: Hawkinson

7RD: ?

IDEAL 3 Def 2 Off

id put warmack ahead of everyone if by some miracle he happens to fall, but after that Rhodes, Elam, Cooper/Lane Johnson/Warford, or even best CB available, for whatever reason i dont want a DT in the first, i dont like the guys who should be available when we pick

Sheldon Richardson. Hes the best value pick since he should go top 15. And he fits great at 3-4 DE.

I do think if Richardson falls to us somehow that we should definitely grab him. I think the other players that would fall to us around that area would be Okafor, Trufant, possibly Banks, and Rhodes (bit of a reach, maybe). Of course, what we do in the draft depends on what we do in Free Agency. I expect GM Grigson to go big after O-line and Pagano could bring his former OLB Kruger to Indi. It's also crossed my mind that Pagano might try to draft players to replicate the defensive personnel he had in Baltimore, but I don't see any players reminding me of Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, or Ed Reed (maybe some with Kenny Vacarro or Matt Elam).

I do think if Richardson falls to us somehow that we should definitely grab him. I think the other players that would fall to us around that area would be Okafor, Trufant, possibly Banks, and Rhodes (bit of a reach, maybe). Of course, what we do in the draft depends on what we do in Free Agency. I expect GM Grigson to go big after O-line and Pagano could bring his former OLB Kruger to Indi. It's also crossed my mind that Pagano might try to draft players to replicate the defensive personnel he had in Baltimore, but I don't see any players reminding me of Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, or Ed Reed (maybe some with Kenny Vacarro or Matt Elam).

You have it backwards.  Banks and Rhodes may fall because they are 1st rounders, but Okafor and Trufant are 2nd rounders.