Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Christensen could be leaving town

corgi

PFT has an article up saying that with Broncos O.C. Mike McCoy possibly getting a head coaching gig, Denver could possibly bring in Clyde as the O.C.. So hypothetically we could lose Bruce Arians, and Clyde Christensen. So a lot of people around here may be very happy soon. Thank goodness Andrew Luck is a genius when it comes to learning playbooks. 

Losing both men would be a big blow but it's not as bad as it could have been.  A couple of weeks ago it was reported Syracuse was interested in our RB coach or Asst O-line coach as their next Head Coach but they went in another direction.  Had we lost one of them though and then lost Arians and Clyde on top of that we would have to rebuild almost the whole offensive staff.  That's the kind of thing that gets young teams in trouble because remember it's not just Luck that would have to learn a new offense it's all the other players on offense as well.  Reggie Wayne who is as good as any player in the league at his position talked a lot on his radio show this year about how hard it was for him to learn the new offense this off-season and how he would get confused at times during games as well.  If he struggled with it I am sure the other guys would as well. 

I honestly hope they do take CC before we lose Arians(if we lose him). This would set my mind at ease thinking we may promote CC to OC. I haven't hid my feelings for being scared to death at the thought of CC calling plays here again. So IMO, hurry up Denver and take CC away.

I honestly hope they do take CC before we lose Arians(if we lose him). This would set my mind at ease thinking we may promote CC to OC. I haven't hid my feelings for being scared to death at the thought of CC calling plays here again. So IMO, hurry up Denver and take CC away.

They have to lose their OC first.  Since Arians has set Friday as the day he hopes to know what he's going to do I think it would be hard for CC to be hired away before Arians figures out what he is going to do. 

Based on yesterdays Broncos game I would not be stunned if they feel they have to get more to make Peyton comfortable.

With that being said, it's just been one year for Luck and this offense in Indy. I am not overly worried they can't do it again with a new coach. Luck is a smart cookie. It will take time though and they will need the offseason/preseason to get comfortable.

And the more I look back the more I hated Arians playcalling. It seemed so boom or bust. It was ahhhhh or noooooooooooo. I like Arians and am fine if he stays but he has his pros and cons too.

They have to lose their OC first.  Since Arians has set Friday as the day he hopes to know what he's going to do I think it would be hard for CC to be hired away before Arians figures out what he is going to do. 

I know, but I can keep hoping anyway. I really don't like CC.

Would this be a Peyton move or a John Fox move?

It losing their OC would be another team's move.

Bringing in Clyde would just be another sign that the Broncos are doing everything they can do to make Peyton Manning comfortable in Denver so I am sure it would be a little of both.  I am a little surprised Denver didn't reach out to Tom Moore to come in and be a consultant for them for that very reason unless the current OC just wanted nothing to do with Tom Moore. 

Based on yesterdays Broncos game I would not be stunned if they feel they have to get more to make Peyton comfortable.

With that being said, it's just been one year for Luck and this offense in Indy. I am not overly worried they can't do it again with a new coach. Luck is a smart cookie. It will take time though and they will need the offseason/preseason to get comfortable.

And the more I look back the more I hated Arians playcalling. It seemed so boom or bust. It was ahhhhh or noooooooooooo. I like Arians and am fine if he stays but he has his pros and cons too.

It's not Luck I am worried about it's all the other guys on offense that I think would be the problem.  I think Luck would be able to pick up a new offense fairly quickly. 

It losing their OC would be another team's move.

Bringing in Clyde would just be another sign that the Broncos are doing everything they can do to make Peyton Manning comfortable in Denver so I am sure it would be a little of both.  I am a little surprised Denver didn't reach out to Tom Moore to come in and be a consultant for them for that very reason unless the current OC just wanted nothing to do with Tom Moore. 

very shocked that TM wasn't involved somehow

Broncos fans would love to see Mike McCoy gone, I do think he is overrated as a playcaller. I do think he did hold Tebow back too with all those slow starts. When it happened again with Peyton this year in the beginning, fans realized the problem could be McCoy and yesterday, why not take shots down the field on a 2nd and 1 etc.? That was in the 3rd qtr. with Peyton still having some juice in this throws, IMO.

very shocked that TM wasn't involved somehow

It wouldn't surprise me if they do end up bringing CC that they then bring in Moore to consulate much like Moore did CC first year here as OC.  I am guessing he wasn't brought in this year because the Broncos were trying to merge their offense with Peyton's and maybe felt bringing him in was not a good fit for what they wanted to do. 

Would not bother me in the least to see Clyde go.  Like Jim Caldwell, nice guy....but not my guy!  I saw too many deer in the headlights moments from both of them in the losing season....or shall we say the 'lost' season.  If/when Arians goes, time for some fresh ideas.  Time for no fear....no huddle...not afraid to run designed roll-out offense....offensive mindset.... :pass:  

We need to get to a point where we feel that each time we touch the ball we can score points.  Get across the 50 and we are at least going to hit you for 3.  We can get there fast with improvements in the line and a killer instinct OC.....loaded for Bear (s) :)  Time to go after the next Colts :lombardi:  :lombardi:  :lombardi: !!!!!!  Go  :helmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltshorse:  :coltsfb:  :colts:  :nfl:!!!!! 

CC shouldn't have even been here after last year.

I would rather bring in someone who better understands the personnel that we have. We need to use the TEs more. 

If I could afford it, I would help pay for his relocation to Denver. They can't get rid of him soon enough IMO. I will say though, if they kept him in a position like he holds now, just a QB's coach, then I have no problem if he stays, but it really worries me that he may get promoted.

I'm not bothered by the prospect in the slightest. You see, unlike many of you, I haven't forgotten how uninspiring and vanilla our offense was when he was our OC previously.

One game, planned by another man, with plays from that mans playbook, doesn't make him a good OC.

He was mediocre at best in 2010, and we'll just not even bring up 2011 anymore than we already have.

If I could afford it, I would help pay for his relocation to Denver. They can't get rid of him soon enough IMO. I will say though, if they kept him in a position like he holds now, just a QB's coach, then I have no problem if he stays, but it really worries me that he may get promoted.

CC shouldn't get promoted. I feel like anybody who has had the same position and got fired, shouldn't get that same position again because it is usually a failure, i.e Romeo Crennel and Mike Mularky.

I say we bring in someone from outside the "family" 

In-house promoting is something I generally don't like.

I'm not bothered by the prospect in the slightest. You see, unlike many of you, I haven't forgotten how uninspiring and vanilla our offense was when he was our OC previously. One game, planned by another man, with plays from that mans playbook, doesn't make him a good OC. He was mediocre at best in 2010, and we'll just not even bring up 2011 anymore than we already have.

Mediocre is being very kind. He just sucks IMO!

I'm of that same opinion on Arians. Absolutely thrilled the guy could be leaving town.

I'm of that same opinion on Arians. Absolutely thrilled the guy could be leaving town.

I understand that some of Arians playcalling can be frustrating, but if it came down to Arians or Clyde, I'm taking Arians every freaking time. Not even close IMO. 

Broncos fans would love to see Mike McCoy gone, I do think he is overrated as a playcaller. I do think he did hold Tebow back too with all those slow starts. When it happened again with Peyton this year in the beginning, fans realized the problem could be McCoy and yesterday, why not take shots down the field on a 2nd and 1 etc.? That was in the 3rd qtr. with Peyton still having some juice in this throws, IMO.
He called some really good plays , players just couldn't execute. remember also that Peyton can make changes at the LOS. also, peyton should have overruled John Fox's ridiculous kneel-down with time and time-outs.