Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Te'o odds of falling to colts

I know its not a strong position of need but here me out. First he would definitly be the best player available on the board. Second he should never fall that far imo. third It would give us a young stud mike backer to ancher our d for years to come. We have arguabley the hardest run divison in the game. This is all assuming chapman can start and be afective in the middle. Just wanted some opinion on if he is available.

I don't know if he would have necessarily been the "best player on the board" (I would have been against us drafting him) BEFORE he was shown to be way over-hyped.... now I want him even less.  And other than a pass rushing OLB, a LB is near the bottom of our list of needs. Though I do not think he will fall that far anyway because some team will take a chance.

He'll fall....    but it's almost impossible to believe he'd fall that far.    From roughly 5-10 all the way down to 25?    Sorry, I don't see it.    One bad game is not wiped out by 4 very good to great years.

Honestly,  I'm surprised there's so much Teo hate on this website.    I didn't expect it.   Perhaps I should have.   Fans here are not just ND fans,  but also Indiana and Purdue fans as well.    But still...

Oh....  as for Ogletree being better?    He might be the better athlete,  but I think that's it.    Saw ESPN's Trevor Mattich run some iso tape on him, and let just say for an Inside linebacker,  he has no interest in contact.    Good luck with that in the NFL.    I think he might be better moving outside where his athleticism might work better.   He also has some character issues that got him suspended and give me pause.  

Sorry,  but I'm not a fan.

not a fan even more after Monday

he's a beast and he's a leader. He is the type of guy that you want on your team. ND in general was not ready for the strength and speed of BAMA. You are crazy if you think T'eo can't adjust. Yes he missed some tackles, but BAMA was getting to the next level the whole game and he was shedding blocks left and right. With that said, I would love to have T'eo on the colts. However, I am realistic that we need to address another position with our first pick. Plus he is not going to drop that far anyway.

First of all Indy has Freeman, Conner and Angerer, arguably Indy's deepest position. 

Second Teo's only "great" year was his JR season when ND's D was on the field a lot more than the O.  48 STK, 62 AST, 5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and 7 INT's his SR year for a Heisman candidate.   Mich 3 tck, Pitt 3 tck, Stanford 3 tck,  and BYU 1 Tck... solo tackles.   He is an ASSIST guy.  Oh by the way this is all in 13 games.

Robert Smith called it best ... "a phone booth player, and not Superman"  

The kid cannot get off of blocks.    He had 2 of best DT's in the nation guarding him him this season.   When those DT's got dominated and blocks found Teo we seen what he was all about.  Once again the ND hype machine at work.

NO THANKS

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/517633/manti-teo

Alec Ogletree in the mighty SEC had 64 SOLO.  48 AST, 3 SK in 10 games.

and Ogletree had 9 solo against BAMA....     so much for avoiding contact...   There is no comparison here.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/504007/alec-ogletree

Not according to skip bayless.  Apparently he is the next coming of Ray Lewis.

It did seem that he shrank in the game.  More than that, Notre Dame looked like a JV squad out there.

That's all you need to know right there. Whatever Skip says, the opposite is usually true.

Its funny how everyone hates on him he has ligitimate talent but more his leadership is key. im not a ND fan i dont watch much colledge football i look at player ranking, big boards, and mocks not that mocks mean much. This kid will be a very wealthy man next year when drafted top twenty. when you look back at ray lewis's legacy do you think of his athletic ability or ability to lead and inspire. That is what i see from te'o. I would much rather have an ol player fall like lewan or fisher or even rhodesat corner but if te'o is there his upside is too high imo to not pick him. Twenty five nfl teams would go back in time with hindsight and pick him  in 96. colts took harrison at 19. I realize i may be way wrong but i cant see him being a bust.

Not sure why people say this...the ILB core for the colts isn't that great.

I love Freeman and Angerer but I think Angerer is expendable for a bigger stronger heavy hitting ILB, But I wouldn't draft Teo in the first, has nothing to do with his talent, we just have bigger needs obviously

I love Freeman and Angerer but I think Angerer is expendable for a bigger stronger heavy hitting ILB, But I wouldn't draft Teo in the first, has nothing to do with his talent, we just have bigger needs obviously

Wholeheartedly agree, Kudos to you.  We have much bigger needs.  It doesn't mean Teo is bad if we pass on him for a OL or DB.

Depends what grigson thinks of Te'o.....you don't pass on special players just to fill a need with a lesser talent

I'm a big ND fan and was really disappointed in him in the bama game. Not only did he get ran over on many occasions he couldn't get off blocks to save his life. I really hope it was due to more of having those 44 days off and came in flat.

Depends what grigson thinks of Te'o.....you don't pass on special players just to fill a need with a lesser talent

Impossible to judge overall best player available considering the diversity of different positions and what is required out of those positions, not even the combine can make it clear who the overall best player available is, I mean do you want a ILB that can get you over 100 tackles per season when we already have 2 of those guys at least at that position(I also think Fokou and Harvey can do that) or do you want a guy that can get you double digit sacks to replace Freeney such as Okafor or a Guard or Tackle that can open up holes in the run game while protecting your qb from getting killed, you get the best player available for your team, Teo should be considered sure, but if a guy like Okafor is there or Warmack or Jones or Rhodes then those are obvious choices to make and I'd consider it a dumb move to replace a 100 plus tackle player (such as Freeman or Angerer) with another 100 plus tackle player in Teo

I'm a big ND fan and was really disappointed in him in the bama game. Not only did he get ran over on many occasions he couldn't get off blocks to save his life. I really hope it was due to more of having those 44 days off and came in flat.

I said he has problems getting off blocks a while back but not many believed me lol

I'm a Notre Dame fan, and I don't want him. Without regard to the fact that MLB is about the deepest position we have, Manti is just not a game changer you'd want out of your first round pick. I don't see him as a bust, but he will not be the next Ray Lewis. Freeman, Conner, and Angerer are all really good LBs that cover and stop the run. Get some better Dlinemen in front of them and you'll never see someone suggest we need a game changing MLB.

I saw a stat somewhere about how Angerer and Conner had given up the two lowest completion percentages among all MLBs in the league......Te'o is not a need at all.

Impossible to judge overall best player available considering the diversity of different positions and what is required out of those positions, not even the combine can make it clear who the overall best player available is, I mean do you want a ILB that can get you over 100 tackles per season when we already have 2 of those guys at least at that position(I also think Fokou and Harvey can do that) or do you want a guy that can get you double digit sacks to replace Freeney such as Okafor or a Guard or Tackle that can open up holes in the run game while protecting your qb from getting killed, you get the best player available for your team, Teo should be considered sure, but if a guy like Okafor is there or Warmack or Jones or Rhodes then those are obvious choices to make and I'd consider it a dumb move to replace a 100 plus tackle player (such as Freeman or Angerer) with another 100 plus tackle player in Teo

That's not what I was saying

What did people see this past Monday to actually still want Teo? You can say it is overreaction to one game, but that was the most NFL talent across the board Teo had seen at one time and he did not adjust. At all. To repeat what a lot have said already, even if Teo had played well and he was still being heralded as the next coming at MLB, I still wouldn't want the Colts to take him because we simply do not need a MLB. The Colts actually have a good linebacker crew and Teo is not needed in the least, especially when we have so many other glaring needs elsewhere.

I am not saying Teo is going to be a bust. However, I think it is a very real possibility he comes into the league and is just another average MLB. Nothing special.