Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We looked like a team full of rookies

oldunclemark

At least you made the playoffs. Better than going 7-9 with a QB running up stats to another 5,000 yard season while everyday the fans come up with a new conspiracy theory for every loss, as they can't seem to admit we weren't that good this year.

I had a lot of fun watching this Colts team, it kept my mind very positive and out of the misery from watching the Saints. Sadly I didn't get to see all of this game, but playoffs one and done is better than no playoffs. Who expected them to win 11 games? Surely not me.

We are lucky we got Luck out of there alive today TBH.

Between Arians being in the hospital, this much youth and Ray Lewis being treated like the President.

I think I might have gotten a tad delusional heading into the playoffs but it is what it is, I always get high for this team. :)

At least you made the playoffs. Better than going 7-9 with a QB running up stats to another 5,000 yard season.

I had a lot of fun watching this Colts team, it kept my mind very positive and out of the misery from watching the Saints. Sadly I didn't get to see all of this game, but playoffs one and done is better than no playoffs. Who expected them to win 11 games? Surely not me.

Well I thought the Colts would win like 9 this year. I had 9-7 actually. I think GB/Detroit were the swing games in the end.

I just hate losing!!!!!! But, they did the best they could. I don't feel as if anyone quit.

Luck is probably in a hospital bed next to Arians as we speak.  

When Irsay and the group started talking playoffs, I immediately felt like something was up and I fell for it hook, line and sinker.  So I expected a good record...just not this good.

Luck"s passes were a little behind most of the day, the WR's all had their misses, couple of gap assignment guffaws on the D-line, bad officiating on both sides of the ball. We had a heck of a season. We looked like we belonged, but not like we would have gone much further.

Time to check the arrival of the FA/draft train. Should be long any minute......

Kudos to the Ravens for getting the job done in their house. They earned it, period.

They did which they really are.  What I saw from Luck though was a QB who handled the pressure of playoff football VERY well.  He only had a couple of bad throws.  There were a tone of drops today that don't go on him.  Luck's INT was also not on him.  The amount of growth I have seen in him in the past month is just un-real.  I am super excited about him for the future.  It doesn't get much harder than going to Baltimore in the playoffs and I thought Luck handled it really well.  I believe more than ever that we have the next great QB in the NFL. 

No, we looked like a team full of Rookie Offensive Coordinators. ugh

What really made that situation harsh was that we had only a few hours to plan for the contingencies. If we knew even the day before, things may have been way better. But a few hours? Like....how do you even approach such a thing?

Arians was the glue that bonded us through 2012. His absence was crucial to the listless offensive performance we witnessed. I believe the drops etc were a distraction from the sterile playcalling. A lot of folks didn't even notice how bad it was. 

We are a bunch of rookies...that went into a fired up Defense that is and has for the past years been one of the best...They played with heart and determination, and I'm proud of them. They deserved to be there.

I still think he should have caught it, because it was catchable, but the wide open pass to Avery that he dropped was slightly defected at the line of scrimmage..if you look closely enough, it made the ball go a little behind him...but Avery still should have made the catch. Since it was tipped, no dropped pass will be counted for that one.

I thought Wayne and Hilton made some big plays as well..the 3rd and 29 play where Hilton made that move to get the first down was really headsy..and Wayne was his typical self, making some tough crucial catches..Allen had a really good game receiving as well.. With no O-Line, and Luck being hammered was the main cause..plus, the Ravens were getting away on some hits and tackles that could have been penalized...face masks, etc..

But in the end it comes down to an experienced team at home, with a strong D, against a young team with a lot of young talent, in a playoff environment.

Well we are a bunch of rookies, led by a rookie QB.

Having said that, we earned the spot to play this game, we deserved to be there, and we certainly had the talent to win.

So that makes me a little disappointed. In a few days, I will get over it and agree that this was a great season, and we exceeded expectation.

But darn those drop passes and our freaking O line needs to IMPROVE.

All these rookies and young players gained some playoff experience today, and should bode well for them in the future. I'm so exited about the future of this team.

Exactly they looked like a young team making it's first playoff experience today.  The NFL is very much a pay your dues league when it comes to the playoffs.  The next time they are there they will have this experience out of the way and that invaluable for the future of this franchise.  

They did which they really are. What I saw from Luck though was a QB who handled the pressure of playoff football VERY well. He only had a couple of bad throws. There were a tone of drops today that don't go on him. Luck's INT was also not on him. The amount of growth I have seen in him in the past month is just un-real. I am super excited about him for the future. It doesn't get much harder than going to Baltimore in the playoffs and I thought Luck handled it really well. I believe more than ever that we have the next great QB in the NFL.

That INT was Lucks fault. Reggie was double covered. It already didn't help that he looked him down and that pass had bad news written all over it. However, I thought Luck played well. He made quite a few very good throws and a couple bad ones, but I was glad to see him taking off and running again. Keep the chains moving whether its by arm or legs.

I look forward to next year with extra additions in the off-season.

That INT was Lucks fault. Reggie was double covered. It already didn't help that he looked him down and that pass had bad news written all over it. However, I thought Luck played well. He made quite a few very good throws and a couple bad ones, but I was glad to see him taking off and running again. Keep the chains moving whether its by arm or legs.

I look forward to next year with extra additions in the off-season.

Let me re-frame it wasn't his fault in that it was knocked up in the air.  It was fourth down he had to throw it some place. 

I didn't get to watch the entire game, and he isn't even a rookie, but was Avery looking as bad as I thought he was? He had the huge 3rd down drop, but I seem to remember at least 2 other drops he had as well, and I only got to watch the 1st quarter and the 4th quarter. He was really dropping the ball both figuratively and literally in this game. While he has dropped some easy catches the entire year, I really thought it was getting to him more than usual today. Still, I think he should be resigned.

I thought Luck looked very good today for his first playoff game in a hostile atmosphere. The INT was his fault though. He threw the ball behind Reggie and it was tipped by the defender to another. I can't wait to see how he looks next year with a vastly improved O-line.

Overall, great season.

Especially on offense...

No insult. Its what we are....

...so many dropped passes.....dropped interceptions, too

419 yards and 25 first downs.....0 TDs,,,that's disappointing..

We need a tall receiver that can out jump the defenders in the end zone. It works against us. We need it to work for us next year.

What really made that situation harsh was that we had only a few hours to plan for the contingencies. If we knew even the day before, things may have been way better. But a few hours? Like....how do you even approach such a thing?

Arians was the glue that bonded us through 2012. His absence was crucial to the listless offensive performance we witnessed. I believe the drops etc were a distraction from the sterile playcalling. A lot of folks didn't even notice how bad it was. 

i KNOW, it was really pathetic. On the Dakich show, Dan was like, "well Luck thought CC did a fine job",,,,, errrr, uhhhh, really, do you think Luck is going to say anything negative about his coaches, Heck NOOOOOO! He's a team guy, but deep down, he knows many of those calls stunk and YES, i agree, when the play calls are so bad it skews everything and makes a mess of the previous confidence they had in it. spot on.

I watched all the "DROPS" over and over in slow mo. Only one of them was on the money.

Avery never got his back arm up in time to have a chance at his 1st "drop". The ball was coming thru already.

The one Avery took to the ground was a CATCH, he hit the ground and was NOT going to lose it, POLLARD hit the ball with his knee/body right as he hit the ground and knocked it out. A GREAT CATCH by Donny.

They didn`t show a replay but it looked like to me the last one to T.Y. was at the apex of his reach and you couldn`t tell how much of his fingers of both hands actually were on the ball. It is possible it Realistically was UNCATCHABLE.

Why you like Big receivers with strong hands that could have CLEARLY reached that ball.

Fleenor caught everything thrown on target.

Brazzill had a very good catch with no drops.

Andrew threw a few REAL DOGS, maybe 5-6, with a couple that were MORE CATCHABLE as INT`s than all of our "Drops.

But going over it again, he absolutely DID throw a lot of Accurate throws.

Ballard went Braindead 3 times on pass blocking and it hurt us.

I agree with this 100%. As soon as I heard that BA was in hospital I had a bad feeling about the game.

Couldn't believe that we had another challenge like that thrown at us. It felt like the playcalling was asking the rookies to do a bit too much.