Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

surprise, oline is terrible

tyvon19

You guys need to wake up and realize that the o-line is only an issue because the coach calling the plays ALLOWS it to be. The type of plays being called are allowing our weakness to be exploited and is exposing our QB to needless hits. We have not tried to slow down their blitz AT ALL in the 1st half, and likely won't in the 2nd half either. The line needs to be fixed, but Arians is the problem.

You guys need to wake up and realize that the o-line is only an issue because the coach calling the plays ALLOWS it to be. The type of plays being called are allowing our weakness to be exploited and is exposing our QB to needless hits. We have not tried to slow down their blitz AT ALL in the 1st half, and likely won't in the 2nd half either. The line needs to be fixed, but Arians is the problem.

While I don't disagree with most of what you are saying, realize that same line isn't too capable of run blocking either. It's the biggest weakness on this team and I'm sure will be on top of Grigson's To-Do list for next year. Oh, and once again, thanks Polians for leaving that cupboard bare.

In general I would agree with you but thats not whats happening today, they are horrible no matter what the playcall is

In general I would agree with you but thats not whats happening today, they are horrible no matter what the playcall is

So constantly calling 5 man protection with an empty backfield on 3rd down all game ISN'T making an already horrible o-line look worse? I'm pretty sure that most of Luck's turnovers this year have come when he's throwing with an empty backfield and 5 routes being ran.

While I don't disagree with most of what you are saying, realize that same line isn't too capable of run blocking either. It's the biggest weakness on this team and I'm sure will be on top of Grigson's To-Do list for next year. Oh, and once again, thanks Polians for leaving that cupboard bare.

Well, his run scheme is pretty horrible, to begin with. He basically telegraphs every run with his tight formations and motioning of the tightends. That's besides my point, though. He isn't even trying to neutralize their pass rush with draws or screens.

We have the momentum now, and thanks to our defense, we have the lead. This might all turn out to be a moot debate but the flaws in our offense still remain. I'm just not as willing to automatically make the o-line the scapegoat when the coach isn't doing them any favors. We're missing 3 starters right now. The deep shots need to stop

Both Arians and the O Line are the problem, Arians just makes them worse then they already are. With that said, the positive news is we are 9-4, right now we just have to go with what we got and solve as many problems as we can in the offseason