Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Be honest, who's dreaming PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!?

DalTXColtsFan

I know it's unlikely, but how nice is it to be sitting at 4-3 with plenty of winnable games left on our schedule?

I'm not going to lie, I'd have been perfectly happy with 4-12 this year as long as the team showed signs of moving in the right direction (like 1998 on offense).

I remember a comment that I think Brent Jones made in 1998 during I think the Falcons game, where he said, "I'll tell you what, the Colts may be 2-11 but nobody wants to play 'em - not with that offense!"

I don't think anyone really wants to play these Colts.

Calling a spade a spade though, the Colts got a lot of help from the refs in this game, and when the Titans come to *our* house they're going to be ticked. But we'll have grown since then. And how about that last drive huh? I love it.

I'm not going to start betting money on it, but how nice is to be sitting in a position where it's not completely outside the realm of possibility?

I am always dreaming playoffs with that said I am just enjoying the ride with this team. Unlike last year when we were just praying that they could find away to get an any given Sunday win to avoid 0-16 this team has been fun to watch and competitive. I've said all along I just want to see progress being made this year and I am seeing it. If we get to the playoffs it's just an added bonus and a clear sign we are a head of schedule. if we don't that's okay too.

It's not okay with me if we don't make it to the playoffs. I expect us to be there period! This group has a wide enough avenue to make it happen. I even think we have enough belief, desire, talent, and hard work on this team to win possibly 2 more games on the schedule (on top of the games we should win) that no one says we can win. When I make statements like this people always doubt me, but it will happen you watch.

I confess, today, I allowed 1% of my brain to think about it.

NOT because we're a playoff caliber team. We're not. But because (A) our schedule is, relatively speaking, very easy, and (B) the AFC is very weak this year. So, while it's a long shot, it's possible. Any team with Andrew Luck has a shot.

We need to stay as healthy as can be. We have a very thin roster. We'll be hit by injuries in the weeks to come. We have to be able to overcome that. Easier said than done.

It's a long shot. A very, very long shot. But, that's why we love sports and, in the immortal words of Herm Edwards, it's why we play the game!!! :thmup:

With such parity in the NFL these days, the playoffs arent out of reach for the Colts. This team is starting to believe in itself and the coaches are doing an awsome job of driving that home.There`s still enough of a veteran presence who are battle proven and can help as these games mean more going forward, wouldnt surprise me at all!

I don't see how the refs helped us against the Titans, Kenny Brit needs to stop pushing off with his large frame because its gonna be obvious when he does.

Don't be shamed about thinking about the playoffs, it's the teams goal to make it.

We might have a shot, but it is because after the division leaders, the whole AFC is a glob of parity. We might appear, but we dont have the depth and skill to win three road games in a row.

I am truly thinking of growth through the draft. Cuz the monsta is eating.........and growing.....

"Playoffs?! Playoffs?! Are you kidding me?" [Jim Mora rant as Indianapolis Colts HC.] haha Sorry, I couldn't resist that joke.

There is no way we are making the Playoffs this year or next year for that matter. Learning how to win with a massive roster turnover and new coaching staff takes considerable time to master. I'm not trying to pop any balloons here; I just know that we are an incredibly young squad with a rookie QB and a line that has not gelled yet. It will take another draft of solid linemen to protect Luck and give him time to survey the field. He is running too much because of the holes on our line. Until that gets fixed forget any Playoff hopes. Keep Justice, Castonzo, & Shipley beyond that...Take a serious look at changing pieces on that line like a fluid chess board IMO.

The playoffs are a real possibility for this team. We may not win in the playoffs, but at least we got there after last year's disaster. We have a real chance and nobody should doubt this team. This team is progressing every week. Our defense has shown some bright spots(2nd half of the GB game, and TEN game). Don't count us out.

The playoffs are a real possibility for this team. We may not win in the playoffs, but at least we got there after last year's disaster. We have a real chance and nobody should doubt this team. This team is progressing every week. Our defense has shown some bright spots(2nd half of the GB game, and TEN game). Don't count us out.

I like your optimism Collie 17; I really do. But, I just don't see it. Sorry. If I'm wrong, I will admit it, but I don't think I am. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong though. :colts:

IF our defense can keep us in games i could see us winning 10 games. losing to pats lions and the first houston game. I think we win the second houston game just because they prob will have playoffs all wrapped up and rest starters. so 10 wins will get us in the playoffs. 9 wins could possibly get us in too considering how bad the afc is this year. how crazy would it be if our wild card game was against the broncos. i hope its not for andrews sake but idc who it is really.we prob wont win a playoff game but i really think we have a good chance at making the playoffs, especially if we keep improving like we are. GO COLTS

I know it's unlikely, but how nice is it to be sitting at 4-3 with plenty of winnable games left on our schedule?

I'm not going to lie, I'd have been perfectly happy with 4-12 this year as long as the team showed signs of moving in the right direction (like 1998 on offense).

I remember a comment that I think Brent Jones made in 1998 during I think the Falcons game, where he said, "I'll tell you what, the Colts may be 2-11 but nobody wants to play 'em - not with that offense!"

I don't think anyone really wants to play these Colts.

Calling a spade a spade though, the Colts got a lot of help from the refs in this game, and when the Titans come to *our* house they're going to be ticked. But we'll have grown since then. And how about that last drive huh? I love it.

I'm not going to start betting money on it, but how nice is to be sitting in a position where it's not completely outside the realm of possibility?

If we win over Maimi (an AFC wild card hopeful) it become more than hope..

Aftre that..a 4-4 record gets us in..if the losses are Houston(Tiwce), NE and detroit.

When we beat GB, it became possible for us to be 9-7

WORST TO FIRST....!

Since 2002 someone has gone from last to first in a division in one offseason. Right now it looks like this pattern might end.

But, if we can win enough. And the Texans can stumble a few times.

Well then this division could get a lot more interesting.

Too bad Peyton didn't complete the comeback vs. Houston now looking back. Oh Peyton. *sigh*