Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck's numbers are not very impressive

BProland85

Now hear me out...I know he is a rookie, but his completion percentage worries me just a bit. Maybe thats not on him but his supporting cast. But if its the supporting cast, hopefully they get it together soon or we wont be winning many games for the next few years. We surrounded Luck with weapons on offense so other than adding maybe another quality WR, he should have enough to work with there, other than fixing the OL of course.

Again, not trying to be negative about anything relating to our future star Andrew Luck, but I just get tired of people saying 2 other rookie QBs are outshining him and are further along in their development. With how much tout Luck had coming out of college, there should never be 2 other QBs ahead of Luck in development.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a post last week comparing Luck's numbers to several other top QBs taken in the draft dating back to Peyton. Luck's numbers compared to those other QBs five games into their careers are just as good if not better in several areas including completion %. In fact when compared to Peyton or Eli he is significantly better across the board. Proof why it's best to wait and with hold judgement.

This whole offense outside of Reggie, Brown, and Avery are rookies or second year players at the skill positions. Luck isn't the only one learning out there. It's going to take time which is going to require people staying patient.

Now hear me out...I know he is a rookie, but his completion percentage worries me just a bit. Maybe thats not on him but his supporting cast. But if its the supporting cast, hopefully they get it together soon or we wont be winning many games for the next few years. We surrounded Luck with weapons on offense so other than adding maybe another quality WR, he should have enough to work with there, other than fixing the OL of course.

Again, not trying to be negative about anything relating to our future star Andrew Luck, but I just get tired of people saying 2 other rookie QBs are outshining him and are further along in their development. With how much tout Luck had coming out of college, there should never be 2 other QBs ahead of Luck in development.

Maybe have u thought that the redskins bin rebuilding for 3yrs

Yes. Luck is a rookie. And he is behind a mediocre line. And he has mediocre backs with very little running game. And, aside from Reggie and Avery, he has rookie receivers to throw to.

RGIII? He has veteran players. Heck, so does Tannehill for that matter. Just give him and the rest of his receiving Corp time to gel.

I did a post last week comparing Luck's numbers to several other top QBs taken in the draft dating back to Peyton. Luck's numbers compared to those other QBs five games into their careers are just as good if not better in several areas including completion %. In fact when compared to Peyton or Eli he is significantly better across the board. Proof why it's best to wait and with hold judgement.

This whole offense outside of Reggie, Brown, and Avery are rookies or second year players at the skill positions. Luck isn't the only one learning out there. It's going to take time which is going to require people staying patient.

The line I Darkened quite true

He should be better, no offense to Peyton or Luck & other QBs but Peyton was 1998 & since then College Qbs learned much more, esp Luck under Harbourough in a basically NFL Like system & are better prepared for the transition

Time will tell, 1st few years are poor comparisons save for debate

Then again debates will never end unless clear cut differences

I've seen every game Lucks played in Indy and I have been nothing but impressed. He's big time. But he will also have growing pains. Not anything to get all worked up over.

Besides he's already got more wins than we had all last year lol.

bit stupid have to take into consideration players dropping passes how quick pocket collapses there are loads of things to think about

Like I said, Im sure a lot of it is supporting cast around Luck, but we seriously need to get that fixed soon if thats the case.

Peyton had the better completion percentage.... luck will not be the most accurate QB... i think today showed the type of offense the colts should run... a balanced game. Some balls were over thrown but for a rookie he's done great... the pass to hilton where he look like he just sailed that ball it was hiltons fault...

Luck will be fine. But he hasn't thrown a touchdown pass in 2 weeks now. Just sayin. Those that are saying stupid stuff like Luck is 5x the QB as RG3 and the other rookies just might want to slow their roll a bit. Weeden statistcally outperformed him today.

Bottom line though is we got the "W" and are 3-3. Luck is ahead of where Peyton was at this point in his career...statistically.

One problem, and its becoming a trend, is our WRs just arent separating very well. Luck is really having to try and fit the ball into small spaces against man coverage and he's been off on quite a few of those throws. The O-line, while better today, still is not really giving him a clean pocket.

I know we all want him to be tearing it up but this offense just isnt very good right now.

Im watching the Redskins game and their offense is much more suited to allow Griffin to succeed. Their running Shanny's zone read perfectly and it really opens up the middle of the field for Griffin in the passing game.

Our offense just comes across as super vanilla.

I thought we were thru playing conservative in the second half. heck we have a rookie as QB give hin a chance to get some rhythm.Glad to see some yards on the ground, but cannot stick wih a run with so much time left, However glad for the win. I agree Luck's percentage are not real good, but hey we have some rookies receivers that are not getting open. GOCOLTS

Poor guy can't seem do anything right in some fans eyes. Are we going to have these stupid threads every Sunday? Go Andrew! Most Colts fans still loves you and will always be a fan of yours. I would love to see these naysayers play QB in the NFL which a team that rebuilding, who has no offense line and has to pick yourself off the turf. Bet you can't do it. He is a Rookie give him a break. He will only get better as he has more years under him.

You have a rookie QB with the second highest passing attempts per game in the NFL. Those extra passes are not the three yard check down variety. A low completion percentage is the natural result of expecting a rookie to throw that much under the circumstances he's being asked to throw in.

I'm not worried at all.

Luck is still developing. Before I see his % go up, I'm looking for his receptions to be better placed. Too often the receiver has to adjust his body to make the reception. And the YAC is reduced accordingly. Brady and Manning put the ball square on the receiver or where only the receiver can make a play on it. Luck will get to that point someday soon as well.

Put Weeden in Lucks situation and we would see, and Weedon is is pretty decent for a rookie.

Weeden definitely didn't do anything to embarass himself today. He's gotten better each week.

When the season started I thought he was going to have a very rough year, but he's shown good

improvement as the season has progressed.

The line I Darkened quite true

He should be better, no offense to Peyton or Luck & other QBs but Peyton was 1998 & since then College Qbs learned much more, esp Luck under Harbourough in a basically NFL Like system & are better prepared for the transition

Time will tell, 1st few years are poor comparisons save for debate

Then again debates will never end unless clear cut differences

He's been fine. He's been really good when you factor in all the other younger players around him like you said is key.

All we have to go off of Luck right now is six games so if you going to compare apples to apples the best you can do is look at other guys six games. What's telling to me isn't so much that he's done better than Peyton and Eli. It's that he's on pace and as good as guys like Bradford, Newton, Stafford, and Newton who are more recent rookies.

There is a learning curve here and it will take some time for him to learn. What I really liked about Luck today was that he avoided making mistakes. He had one bad throw where he put the pass in front of Reggie rather than behind him where it should have been that was almost picked but that was really it in the passing department. If anything he's holding the ball too long now. Two of the three sacks were a result of Luck holding the ball for an extra second when he didn't have it and needed to just throw it away. The other one and the fumble was a result of the left side of the line breaking down.

All and all Luck has played very well for a rookie QB with so many other rookies around him. Of the three vets he really has around him one is out with injury and another is new to the team and is coming off of a couple of injury filled years. So really the only experienced guy he has is Reggie and it shows he keys on him and teams are starting to try to take Reggie away from him. Luck is doing a great job spreading the ball around and all and all is doing everything you would want your rookie QB to do for the most part. Clearly some growing pains but all and all I see nothing to be concerned about Luck (not that you are.)

He's 3 -3 and could be 4-2 if not for a missed FG....This team won 2 games last year.

Manning #'s were much worse at this point of his rookie season.

Luck's starting RB is out, he has 1 WR that is better tha avgerage, 2 rookie TE's and a poor o-line.

If you think his #'s aren't good, go back and watch on of the Curtis Painter games from last year.

Luck looks great to me as a rookie. Accuracy will improve in time. Colts dont dumb down the O like teams do with the other rookie QB's. He smartly throws the ball away alot, WRs drop many passes, plus they get no separation. At least he hasn't had a six interception game yet.