Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's Latest Tweet.

Coffeedrinker

Tweet It sure sounds like Irsay regrets signing Manning.

Maybe it's a good thing 18 doesn't go on twitter. That was low handed on Irsay's part in my opinion. It's not like he didn't know Peyton was coming off surgery. But you have to take his stupid twits with a grain of salt. Bet the Polians won't like that remark. He can be a waco in my opinion. Wonder what the media will take on is latest. lol

"#18 to the practice field! Soon the leaves will fall/I looked at sideline sat.night n saw #30,000,000.00 standing there, my checkbook hurts!"

I think he's just trying to be funny. His checkbook would hurt a lot more if #18 was playing elsewhere (or not at all).

I wouldnt say that, how would you feel if you just bought a lambo and you cant drive it cause you cant get no petrol.. He wants to see his investment on the field thats all.

Well he knew when he kept bragging that he was going to make him the highest paid player in the NFL that he was coming off surgery if he didn't want to sign him I'm sure other teams would have jumped at the chance. He's just a nut job in my opinion. lol He needs to stay off twitter if he can't say something intelligent for a change. Wonder what the Polians think of the latest tweet?

My wallet would hurt too if i bought something and it stopped working and then i had to pay to also get it fixed. What a buy. Hes just saying he wishes peyton were healthy so he could practice.

He knew when they signed him that he was injured it's not like he didn't know. Nothing was kept from him. He got the Carfax on him so buck up Irsay. lol

"#18 to the practice field! Soon the leaves will fall/I looked at sideline sat.night n saw #30,000,000.00 standing there, my checkbook hurts!"

I think he's just trying to be funny. His checkbook would hurt a lot more if #18 was playing elsewhere (or not at all).

Good post but can you imagine how the Media will run with that one. Sometimes I don't think he thinks before twitting. At times I wonder if he is playing with a full deck. lol He can come up with some dandys.

Well he knew when he kept bragging that he was going to make him the highest paid player in the NFL that he was coming off surgery if he didn't want to sign him I'm sure other teams would have jumped at the chance. He's just a nut job in my opinion. lol He needs to stay off twitter if he can't say something intelligent for a change. Wonder what the Polians think of the latest tweet?

polian is probably wanting irsay to delete his account by now, i just hope the media doesnt blow this into something big.

I'm sure the media will make the worst possible light out of it as they always do.

I don't see anything wrong with what Jim said. He was not degrading Peyton in any way at all, merely making a statement which was true.

Jim knows how much Peyton means to this team. I agree, I think it was a joke which could be taken in other ways not intended.

I'm sure the media will make the worst possible light out of it as they always do.

I don't see anything wrong with what Jim said. He was not degrading Peyton in any way at all, merely making a statement which was true.

Jim knows how much Peyton means to this team. I agree, I think it was a joke which could be taken in other ways not intended.

Some people are just flat out to serious.

Definitely agree on that, there was already an article about the colts resigning peyton about it being a lose lose for the colts

polian is probably wanting irsay to delete his account by now, i just hope the media doesnt blow this into something big.

Probably a good think for Irsay that Polian can't delete is account. lol You know the Media will take this and run with it they always do. Sometimes I think he wants them to. :applause:

Not sayin its not his own fault. Still hurts lol

Really didn't hurt it's only preseason. Maybe because he had to spend some money on Collins but if Painter had shown some sign at all before he got Collins to compete with he would have had his pocket change still in his pocket. lol

Agreed, Smonroe usually gets these things right. Irsay trying to be funny again, but sometimes he just comes off a little weird. Hey that's OK :whatever:

Well since Jim Irsay pays the Polians, I am sure he could care less what the Polians think about what he types about his business. People here act as if the Polians are the owners of this team, they merely manage it for him.

Well since Jim Irsay pays the Polians, I am sure he could care less what the Polians think about what he types about his business. People here act as if the Polians are the owners of this team, they merely manage it for him.

We all know the Polians don't own the Colts but the other owners aren't on twitter making off the wall remarks to get the Media going like Irsay does. Sometimes I think he does it to keep his name in the media. Just like twitting that Collins was signed before the team could even announce it. Sometimes it makes the FO look like they don't know what is going on. JMO of course. I guess that's just Irsay and he loves Twitter.

I can't believe that. It would be nice if he thought a bit more before tweeting because people are going to dissect every sentence, but there is no reason to conclude that he regrets signing Manning simply because he expresses pain when he isn't on the field. I express pain when my car is in the shop, but that hardly means that I'd prefer to walk.

Guest BlueShoe

I don't think that is appropriate because that's like a little nudge to Peyton, which is not fair to him. don't bring money into the equation when your superstar QB just saved you millions!!!!

I think Irsay wants to buy your van so he has a place to hang out in down by the river.

Guest BlueShoe

I can't believe that. It would be nice if he thought a bit more before tweeting because people are going to dissect every sentence, but there is no reason to conclude that he regrets signing Manning simply because he expresses pain when he isn't on the field. I express pain when my car is in the shop, but that hardly means that I'd prefer to walk.

Stop making so much sense. They will pick up on it and become smart like us. Now where is the fun in that?

Jeez....lighten up! I am sure Peyton would probably chuckle if he saw it. Irsay likes twitter, yeah he messed up on the Favre/Collins thing, but he's mostly harmless. He's not trying to be a media hound, IMO. Leave that to Jerrah down in Dallas. He just needs to learn that twitter is in ink, once it's out there, it stays...and the media is now so quick to jump on stuff (cough, ESPN) without corroborating sources that it snowballs (see Favre tweet fiasco). That's today's world, no public figure can so anything without being scrutinized from every angle.

Let me guess...most of you have never been on Twitter. I think you need to step back, take a deep breath...there now, don't you feel better?!?!

Irsay's just having some fun. If you can't see his tongue sticking firmly in his cheek, something is wrong. As far as him "getting off of Twitter" I personally find him refreshing. Yeah, sometimes he comes from WAAAY out in left field, but that's just the kind of guy he is. I'm right about the same age, and sometimes I come from the cornfield beyond the outfield wall myself! I'm certain that Peyton is laughing along at the "shots"; haven't you ever seen some of HIS commercials and the tongue-in-cheek schtick he does? As the sports saying goes...

C'MON MAN...!

Sounds to me like he's just making a joke. I'm sure Irsay has told Peyton this pre-season that he didn't need to be out there until he was fully healthy. Knowing Irsay, he prolly made the joke to Manning before anyone else on Saturday night.

But regretting signing Peyton?

Is that you mike florio?

Guys don't read too much into what Irsay puts on Twitter. I think he honestly does some of it to get attention.

I doubt Irsay regrets resigning Manning, I think he just doesn't like seeing him not playing just like the rest of us. Remember it was Irsay who wanted to pay Manning more only to have Manning tell him no.

I had a chuckle at his tweet. It's not a big deal. I'm sure the media will hype it up to say the owner regrets signing Manning to such a high price and all, but I don't see it as any major issue. Did he say anything degrading? No. Manning was on the sidelines because he was hurt, it would hurt anyone's cheque book to pay a guy and not have him work for you. He never said Manning is a wuss or that Manning didn't deserve the money.

First of all, read his other tweets. The guy has a very odd/sarcastic/dry humor about him. I get it. My sense of humor is often mistaken also. In fact, at the end of most first dates I have with a girl, after I thought things went well and I was funny, most women think it went poorly and I won't ask them out again. Some people(me included) just walk to a different cadence than most. Come on over to the crazy side with Jim and I , its a heck of a lot of fun.

Secondly, can you really blame the guy for being a little bummed? Irsay has NEVER been "cheap" that I can remember. Why would ANYONE think he regrets it? He just wishes the "merchandise" he paid for can be utilized. Who wouldn't?

In the end, thats really what Manning is, like it or not. A commodity.

if he thinks peytons injury prone, cut him! sd will pick him up like they did sanders. rivers to the bench!

agree

I am unable to access Jim's twitter account today. Is anyone else having the same problem? A blank page loads. I was hoping to see the tweet on his twitter account in order to make my own guess as to how he meant it. But as I said, I can't get his twitter account to load. I've never had this problem before. Any chance is account was hacked?

Guest BlueShoe

I am unable to access Jim's twitter account today. Is anyone else having the same problem? A blank page loads. I was hoping to see the tweet on his twitter account in order to make my own guess as to how he meant it. But as I said, I can't get his twitter account to load. I've never had this problem before. Any chance is account was hacked?

It is working for me.

I wouldnt say that, how would you feel if you just bought a lambo and you cant drive it cause you cant get no petrol.. He wants to see his investment on the field thats all.

Yeah...I happen to agree with you on this one. Totally understandable in my opinion. I wouldn't put it past Irsay to have already said something similar to Peyton's face in a joking type of way.