Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst case scenario

oldunclemark

For our playoff homes..

...or even just for the developement of the team..

This was the worst case scenario....Giving the game away to a team that isnt any better than we are..

..and then having to wiat 2 weeks to play Green Bay...

No playoff scenario I can dream up works with a home loss to Jax..

../and 2-1 with Angerer and Freeney returning would have given us max coinfidence.

Now..witht he 1-2 and the loss of Collie...and continure uncertainty at center...

I'm worried abut what happens to us in the next month or so....

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never thought the playoffs were a serious thought for this team. I figured 6-10 is realistic, an improvement over last year but clearly still work to do.

I know GoC...and you were/are in the majority...

But with 2-1....I thought we'd have had a shot......Now..lets just call out a search party for the NEXT win

Do you see it off in the distance?

I know GoC...and you were/are in the majority...

But with 2-1....I thought we'd have had a shot......Now..lets just call out a search party for the NEXT win

Do you see it off in the distance?

Well if we beat the Packers it would be a minor miracle. I'd say we'll have a punchers chance at the Jets the week after and then the Browns game after that at home is very winnable.

We didn't have much in the way of playoff hopes anyway.

I mean, it's not inconceivable, but I'm not really concerned about the idea at the moment.

Let's just focus on each game one at a time, and on improving in each game. There's nothing wrong with missing the playoffs if, by the time week 17 rolls around, we're like 6-10 and think we've improved to the point where if we had to play 16 more games we'd go 10-6.

this team is being completely transformed, no one should have ever thought it would take place overnight. All I ask is the team we see towards the second half/end of the season looks better than what we've seen so far this season. For a rag tag line, rookie qb, new Coach/OC/DC, New defensive scheme and we could easily be going into the bye week at 2-1, thats not to bad IMO.

This team is so young they have to win the winnable games. A win today could have been a huge confidence builder, I just hope it isn't a devastating blow to their confidence. They will have to win a game they are not supposed to win to gain what was lost today. A young teams confidence is so fragile I hope the loss really tickes them off and makes them come out fired up against Green Bay, a blowout against Green Bay could be devastating to this young teams psyche. I hope they can at least play a respectable game, it could be a turning point for this team, good or bad .A respectable game against Green Bay would show them that they belong and can play with any team, a blowout would kill any progress that has been made to this point. How they play in this game will have a huge effect on this young team. They don't have to win, ( of course that would be even greater) they just need to play respectable and their confidence will be restored.

Who the heck knows who is going to win anymore. Vikings over Niners. Oh we beat the Vikings last week too. Anyone call that today?

Cards over Pats last week.

Last years record setting Drew Brees is 0-3 and his teams have lost at home to RG3 and Matt Cassel. Try asking Saints fans how they feel about this season so far.

Any given Sunday.

Many called a win for the Colts today. Maybe we beat a team we don't see coming this year. Or two.

We will win more games this year but who knows how many. But, playoffs or not this year or next year, lets not get too upset if we don't get what we want in the end. We live in the age of instant gratification. This team is still a work in progress and will be good again and the rookie QB is at least impressing fans at times.

Besides, the Jags have beaten us when we WERE good. It's divisional. Those can go either way.

I honestly don't even know what to predict anymore with this league so I sometimes say don't bother. Just enjoy the ride and see how it all shakes out.

At least our expectations were not super high this year. Vegas had us at what 5 wins? We can still match this. We might still exceed it.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - off topic

So, who's still taking the Colts at 9-7?

:bag:

I'm not sure where you've seen this prediction. And I'm not sure who anointed you the board 'realist' but this post is borderline trolling.

I'm not sure where you've seen this prediction. And I'm not sure who anointed you the board 'realist' but this post is borderline trolling.

That has actually been said... Besides its a harmless jab, so be it. If people take offense to it, and I didn't find it to be offensive as a Colts fan, they need to have a coke and a smile. :thmup:

That has actually been said... Besides its a harmless jab, so be it. If people take offense to it, and I didn't find it to be offensive as a Colts fan, they need to have a coke and a smile. :thmup:

Thanks, I have not seen that.

If vance has a discussion going with someone who thinks this, then his discussion should be with them and not a general shot at the forum membership.

Agree it is a jab. Disagree that it's harmless.

I still think we can get to 5 wins this season. We have a long way to go cleaning up discipline issues (esp penalties) and general rook mistakes. I'd just like to see our improvement rate be higher than other teams around us by the end of the season. Then we can evaluate our team and be ready for a fairly big 'readjustment' from draft and FA signings.

Harmless jab? Why put a jab in anyways? Not necessary

"I didnt find it to be offensive", and who asked you anyways? I was stating a fact about it being trolling, I never said I find it to be offensive. Please do not put words in my mouth

Its what fans do of opposing teams take jabs at each other when it comes to there teams, some have said here that they thought 9-7 was realistic (and mathmatically it still is). But how many times have Colts fans taken shots at other teams and the poor state they some of them are in (including shots at some teams fan base)? its not like Vance was taking a direct shot at a fan in particular but moreso it was a jab about some of there expectations (unrealistic expectationsin in my opinion). No harm no foul in my opinion

"I didnt find it to be offensive", and who asked you anyways? I was stating a fact about it being trolling, I never said I find it to be offensive. Please do not put words in my mouth

Um...isn't trolling offensive? In any case I think it was an honest question, not trolling. I've seen 9-7, 10-6, Vance is just wondering who is sticking with their guns despite the sudden doom and gloom from another loss.

For one, I never quoted YOU nor did I reference YOU, so I wasn't talking about YOU. However, beings YOU got your panties in a bunch over me quoting someone other than YOU, and I was just making a generalization, it seems to me YOU are offended. Coke and a smile buddy... :thmup:

Vance has suffered hundreds of losses, ridicule for rooting for a loser that named itself after it's state . Finally, after being a top 5 picking team virtually every year, the Texans are a contender. After all those losses to the Colt's he can't wait to vent after these ten years of pent up hate. As soon as Schaub breaks a nail and the Texans plunge in the standings , he will mysteriously dissapear.

Vance has suffered hundreds of losses, ridicule for rooting for a loser that named itself after it's state . Finally, after being a top 5 picking team virtually every year, the Texans are a contender. After all those losses to the Colt's he can't wait to vent after these ten years of pent up hate. As soon as Schaub breaks a nail and the Texans plunge in the standings , he will mysteriously dissapear.

I'm pretty sure they're called the Texans not the Texas. We were a contender last year too, in case you forgot, and we nearly made the playoffs with a 9-7 season not too long ago as well. Schaub did get hurt on a dirty play yesterday...and guess what? He came back in, missing a piece of his ear and all. Please do not bash my team especially when it is not at all warranted. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

lol, wow, you know your bad when a Texans fan is talking smack. He should know better , it's a long season.

Not as long for us, it seems. We're 3-0, the only ones in the AFC. I don't know about you but I think the Texans are on to something. :thmup: