oldunclemark

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - off topic

Sorry, I didn't realize it was a touchy subject.

I'm not angry, or offended, at all. I hope my post didn't indicate that. Just wondering how it's relevant. An honest question.

I'm pretty sure they're called the Texans not the Texas. We were a contender last year too, in case you forgot, and we nearly made the playoffs with a 9-7 season not too long ago as well. Schaub did get hurt on a dirty play yesterday...and guess what? He came back in, missing a piece of his ear and all. Please do not bash my team especially when it is not at all warranted. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Jealous of the Texans,lol. You have one division title, it would take you ten years to match the Colts plus a SB title and another appearance, good luck . The season is not over yet, you look good now , but it's just started. If you don't want your team bashed get off THE INDIANAPOLIS COLTS FORUM . Isn't there a Texas den or Texans board you can go too?

Jealous of the Texans,lol. You have one division title, it would take you ten years to match the Colts plus a SB title and another appearance, good luck . The season is not over yet, you look good now , but it's just started. If you don't want your team bashed get off THE INDIANAPOLIS COLTS FORUM . Isn't there a Texas den or Texans board you can go too?

I don't know about you but I think a SB appearance is very likely this season. I don't measure my teams success by comparing them to the Colts. We look good? We look great, in my opinion. We made plenty of mistakes but hey, who doesn't? Just because this is a Colts forum doesn't mean you have to insult the competition. There is a Texans board of course but I come here anyway.

This team is so young they have to win the winnable games. A win today could have been a huge confidence builder, I just hope it isn't a devastating blow to their confidence. They will have to win a game they are not supposed to win to gain what was lost today. A young teams confidence is so fragile I hope the loss really tickes them off and makes them come out fired up against Green Bay, a blowout against Green Bay could be devastating to this young teams psyche. I hope they can at least play a respectable game, it could be a turning point for this team, good or bad .A respectable game against Green Bay would show them that they belong and can play with any team, a blowout would kill any progress that has been made to this point. How they play in this game will have a huge effect on this young team. They don't have to win, ( of course that would be even greater) they just need to play respectable and their confidence will be restored.

Killing progress? Young teams confidence is so fragile? Huge Effect? Not really to any of this hyperbole. Study hard, learn from the mistakes, get better.

However, I think this loss will make our players ticked OFF and want to go into the game and make it up to the fans and just go all out against GB. I think they were embarrassed this week and will go balls out in 2 weeks.

Don`t think they think they have anything to make up to the fans, one guy was embarassed on that last TD, no way they play harded in the next game.

For our playoff homes..

...or even just for the developement of the team..

This was the worst case scenario....Giving the game away to a team that isnt any better than we are..

..and then having to wiat 2 weeks to play Green Bay...

No playoff scenario I can dream up works with a home loss to Jax..

../and 2-1 with Angerer and Freeney returning would have given us max coinfidence.

Now..witht he 1-2 and the loss of Collie...and continure uncertainty at center...

I'm worried abut what happens to us in the next month or so....

Not a good scenario heading into the GB game at 1-2 that's for sure! Look on the bright side though, the Vikings beat the 49ers so who knows!

For one, I never quoted YOU nor did I reference YOU, so I wasn't talking about YOU. However, beings YOU got your panties in a bunch over me quoting someone other than YOU, and I was just making a generalization, it seems to me YOU are offended. Coke and a smile buddy... :thmup:

Again, I will correct you. I am not your buddy. I do not drive big rigs for a living. I do not wear panties and I do take offense to your sexist comment. You may have a coke, Im a Pepsi kinda guy

I'm not sure where you've seen this prediction. And I'm not sure who anointed you the board 'realist' but this post is borderline trolling.

I can't believe you haven't seen it.

And you have to be anointed to be a realist? Can't you figure that out for yourself?

And as someone stated going 9-7 was fairly unrealistic for the Colts...and I was wondering who was still on that caboose.

Another thread revolving around the two Texans fans? If you mention the Texans and don't kiss the imaginary rings Quizboy will reprimand you within minutes..lol

As far as the point of this thread goes, after GB plenty of winnable games come up.

5 to 9 wins. I think a four game swing between the more and less optimistic fans is reasonable.

I can't believe you haven't seen it.

And you have to be anointed to be a realist? Can't you figure that out for yourself?

And as someone stated going 9-7 was fairly unrealistic for the Colts...and I was wondering who was still on that caboose.

re: realist, I was referring to your signature. You seem to bring this topic up quite a bit..........as often as you can and in as many places as you can. In a season like this..........it's pretty tiresome.

I think it's fairly rude

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - shot at fans
Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - shot at fans

Another thread revolving around the two Texans fans? If you mention the Texans and don't kiss the imaginary rings Quizboy will reprimand you within minutes..lol

As far as the point of this thread goes, after GB plenty of winnable games come up.

5 to 9 wins. I think a four game swing between the more and less optimistic fans is reasonable.

This thread has nothing to do with the Texans nor my love for my team. An odd thing, isn't it, love for one's team, instead of renouncing them after one or two bad games like so many around here seem to do. I still predict 4 wins, but this Jaguars loss was one of the wins I predicted, so maybe not. I like your avatar by the way...it seems that you are a Texan fan as well

Here's a more positive spin on the worst case scenario. It would be the WORST case scenario that we got the number 1 pick again.... in which case we'd have the best off season ever. EVER. lol, buuut I don't think we're going to have the number 1 pick. :)

If you do get the number one it would be traded for more picks anyway, I would think. There aren't any offensive lineman or corners worth taking number one overall, are there? haha

This thread has nothing to do with the Texans nor my love for my team. An odd thing, isn't it, love for one's team, instead of renouncing them after one or two bad games like so many around here seem to do. I still predict 4 wins, but this Jaguars loss was one of the wins I predicted, so maybe not. I like your avatar by the way...it seems that you are a Texan fan as well

No but what started it? A texans fan sticking their nose in to try to rub it in colts fans faces that they were in for a bad year. That's why shots like that are unadvised and yes it was a shot he knew it too which is why he put the icon in with the bag over his head. He knew it was going to spark a reaction that would not be good which is why it is boarderline trolling like the mod said. So my advice to Texan fans who like to visit the forum would be listen to the mods warning which make no mistake that was or you might find your visiting privileges revoked.

If you do get the number one it would be traded for more picks anyway, I would think. There aren't any offensive lineman or corners worth taking number one overall, are there? haha

And what exactly is wrong with getting mutlipal draft picks back from a team that would need to address a need and odds are still be able to get the best player in the draft that fills our biggest need? I'd call that a sweet deal.
Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - personal argument

No but what started it? A texans fan sticking their nose in to try to rub it in colts fans faces that they were in for a bad year. That's why shots like that are unadvised and yes it was a shot he knew it too which is why he put the icon in with the bag over his head. He knew it was going to spark a reaction that would not be good which is why it is boarderline trolling like the mod said. So my advice to Texan fans who like to visit the forum would be listen to the mods warning which make no mistake that was or you might find your visiting privileges revoked.

Visiting privileges? You make it sound like Texans fans are lucky to be here and should watch what they say at all times, or else suffer in agony from getting banned. I honestly don't think that was Vance's intention...he asked an honest question. Bag over head means you know that there's a chance the hostile Colts fans around here will attack, while at the same time the rational ones, which there are even some in this thread, will respond in a positive manner. Again, it is not us making this about the Texans; Ironically enough, it's the Colts fans themselves.

And what exactly is wrong with getting mutlipal draft picks back from a team that would need to address a need and odds are still be able to get the best player in the draft that fills our biggest need? I'd call that a sweet deal.

Nothing...I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I was just pointing out what is likely to happen. :scratch:

Nope I think he's a crossed eyed goober. Don't like Texas, learned it from the Cowboys.

Who's renouncing our loved team and are they actually renouncing anything? Frustrated fans ( short for fanatical, not excatally indicative of patience and understanding is it?) would react that way regardless of what team they like. I'd think through your observations of the threads around here that most of us "get it" and know what this year is about. Not all, but most. Your passive agressive gloating is really something.

You were 15 min late. I was expecting your poetry sooner.

re: realist, I was referring to your signature. You seem to bring this topic up quite a bit..........as often as you can and in as many places as you can. In a season like this..........it's pretty tiresome.

I think it's fairly rude

I don't know what you're talking about. If you're referring to me being realistic all the time then I can't change that, that's the way I am.

Nope I think he's a crossed eyed goober. Don't like Texas, learned it from the Cowboys.

Who's renouncing our loved team and are they actually renouncing anything? Frustrated fans ( short for fanatical, not excatally indicative of patience and understanding is it?) would react that way regardless of what team they like. I'd think through your observations of the threads around here that most of us "get it" and know what this year is about. Not all, but most. Your passive agressive gloating is really something.

You were 15 min late. I was expecting your poetry sooner.

A cross eyed goober. What a pleasant observation. He has a piece of ear missing as well, left the game for a single play, you want to put a picture up of that as well? I think it's QB envy, what else could possibly inspire one to put a rival QB on their profile? But I'm off topic. I'm not gloating and neither was Vance. I have a life as well, I don't obsess over jealous posters whenever I come home. I just noticed my name being mentioned (yet again) so I decided to say something.

So if I was a Colts fan it'd be alright, I guess? I keep forgetting that. You know, a lot of these posts I have my Texans hat off for.

I mean, God forbid we lost yesterday and all the things that would have been said after that, directed at me and Qwiz.

I think you'll find it has ben the way you guys appeared from nowhere after the Colts brilliant run finally ended. And had the Titans actually taken over the mantle of AFC's best, you would never have joined up. Many of the Pats fans on here, who have been here for many many years are who you should really try and model yourselves on. If you actually want to be a good part of a decent football forum.

You both contribute very well to many threads and debates, but we all know there is a sting in the tail just around the corner....

I think you'll find it has ben the way you guys appeared from nowhere after the Colts brilliant run finally ended. And had the Titans actually taken over the mantle of AFC's best, you would never have joined up. Many of the Pats fans on here, who have been here for many many years are who you should really try and model yourselves on. If you actually want to be a good part of a decent football forum.

You both contribute very well to many threads and debates, but we all know there is a sting in the tail just around the corner....

I'm 19 years old. I was chasing girls, going to Prom and doing homework as recently as May of last year lol. I have a lot more free time now and I decided to join the Colts forum. Had nothing to do with 18 getting released, the drafting of Luck, the acquisition of Pagano, nothing major. I just happened to join this year. There will be stings because we are rivals...but calling out single posters and accusing them of derailing threads is just unacceptable. I am glad that you enjoy our contributions; A lot of others just want to give us, and Patriots fans, the boot...

A cross eyed goober. What a pleasant observation. He has a piece of ear missing as well, left the game for a single play, you want to put a picture up of that as well? I think it's QB envy, what else could possibly inspire one to put a rival QB on their profile? But I'm off topic. I'm not gloating and neither was Vance. I have a life as well, I don't obsess over jealous posters whenever I come home. I just noticed my name being mentioned (yet again) so I decided to say something.

Nope, what i said is what I meant. This question coming from the guy who had Peyton's head photoshopped onto a donkey. Seriously though, what could possibly inspire you to spend seemingly a lot of time on a "rival" message board, if not to gloat. In all honesty, that's the only good reason to do it, at least for me, but if you like us all that much, why not join us?

Nope, what i said is what I meant. This question coming from the guy who had Peyton's head photoshopped onto a donkey. Seriously though, what could possibly inspire you to spend seemingly a lot of time on a "rival" message board, if not to gloat. In all honesty, that's the only good reason to do it, at least for me, but if you like us all that much, why not join us?

It wasn't a donkey it was a bronco. I've had to explain this too many times. I like the Broncos, Manning is a Bronco. There you go. Maybe I should make a Manning goat picture? You wouldn't have anything to say then I'm sure. Maybe I like the posters here...or because I think there are good conversations and debates... or maybe I like Andrew Luck. There's no need to jump to conclusions. I have joined you...I am a member here. But that doesn't mean I have to be a Colts fan.

I'm 19 years old. I was chasing girls, going to Prom and doing homework as recently as May of last year lol. I have a lot more free time now and I decided to join the Colts forum. Had nothing to do with 18 getting released, the drafting of Luck, the acquisition of Pagano, nothing major. I just happened to join this year. There will be stings because we are rivals...but calling out single posters and accusing them of derailing threads is just unacceptable. I am glad that you enjoy our contributions; A lot of others just want to give us, and Patriots fans, the boot...

the first sentence explains a lot of things...

So, who's still taking the Colts at 9-7?

:bag:

A Texans fan laughing at another fan being optimistic? Im sorry but how many years in a row now has it been "Your year?" 4-5? With 1 playoff win to show for it?

So, who's still taking the Colts at 9-7?

:bag:

hahaha i'm glad you're enjoying it because probably in 2 years (even maybe next year) once again the colts will be the class of the afc south and be contending so really keep enjoying it as much as you can because it will last less than what you think.

So if I was a Colts fan it'd be alright, I guess? I keep forgetting that. You know, a lot of these posts I have my Texans hat off for.

I mean, God forbid we lost yesterday and all the things that would have been said after that, directed at me and Qwiz.

Again you guys have no issue riling up Colts fans to try to get a reaction which is exactly what you were trying to do and then you sit here and go this thread has nothing to do with us. If it had nothing to do with you then don't stick your nose into it. If you do then yes it does become about you. Again, clearly judging by reaction several people took your post yesterday as a bit of taunting. Frankly rather you meant to or not or rather these several people think you did or not doesn't really matter the one person's whose opinion on the subject that does matter thinks you were taunting and that's the mod. When she steps in and says that's boarder line trolling you might just want to listen to her on it because she controls the ban button. She's trying to help you out by saying you are getting close to the line watch it. You just might want to listen to her just a suggestion. If you don't want too then fine.

Also did you ever think if you two didn't rush in to remind Colts fans how bad their team is every chance you get and just how awesome the Texans are that fans might just like you two a little more? Also I noticed several Colts fans gave credit to the Texans yesterday for their win including go as far as to say they are the best team in the AFC. Colts fans will give you the props you two seem to want for your team but when you two try to force it out of fans and come across as rubbing Colts fans nose in how bad their team is they aren't going to be as likely to do it because they don't want to give you the satisfaction of it because of how you are treating Colts fans.

1-2 is worse than I thought we would be, but not by much. I have been getting killed for predicting 3-13, and I still believe that is much closer to where we end up than 8-8. I am not really surprised, but it always hurts to lose at home. I hope it is not the last televised home game.

There really aren't any "must wins" in a rebuilding year, with so many rookies and journeymen. That being said, I think we will win a game or two that many won't expect. I like our prospects for the not too distant future. We've looked good enough up to this point to have ppl making "oh no! we might not make the playoffs!" posts, so that has to say something. Imagine what it must feel like to be a Jags fan these days :gloomy: or a Houston fan before #18 got hurt :giveup: We'll be dominating those guys again in no time... and for a long time. We've got it pretty good here in Indy.

:1colts:

Again you guys have no issue riling up Colts fans to try to get a reaction which is exactly what you were trying to do and then you sit here and go this thread has nothing to do with us. If it had nothing to do with you then don't stick your nose into it. If you do then yes it does become about you. Again, clearly judging by reaction several people took your post yesterday as a bit of taunting. Frankly rather you meant to or not or rather these several people think you did or not doesn't really matter the one person's whose opinion on the subject that does matter thinks you were taunting and that's the mod. When she steps in and says that's boarder line trolling you might just want to listen to her on it because she controls the ban button. She's trying to help you out by saying you are getting close to the line watch it. You just might want to listen to her just a suggestion. If you don't want too then fine.

Also did you ever think if you two didn't rush in to remind Colts fans how bad their team is every chance you get and just how awesome the Texans are that fans might just like you two a little more? Also I noticed several Colts fans gave credit to the Texans yesterday for their win including go as far as to say they are the best team in the AFC. Colts fans will give you the props you two seem to want for your team but when you two try to force it out of fans and come across as rubbing Colts fans nose in how bad their team is they aren't going to be as likely to do it because they don't want to give you the satisfaction of it because of how you are treating Colts fans.

Dude are you serious? When did I ever say "Colts suck"? I was calling out all those with the "setting up for failure" predictions of 10-6, 9-7, or 8-8. It's not realistic. I hope those people now realize that. When did I ever say the entire Colts fan base said they'd go 9-7? Never. So don't try and spin it like I'm calling your team awful at every turn I get. I wasn't doing that and any rational person could see that.

Nobody said that, but if you come to rub our faces in your Texan greatness or whatever and ridicule a section of fans then we as Colts fans are going to collectively be poed, whether we are overly optimistic or not.