Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst case scenario

oldunclemark

Dude are you serious? When did I ever say "Colts suck"? I was calling out all those with the "setting up for failure" predictions of 10-6, 9-7, or 8-8. It's not realistic. I hope those people now realize that. When did I ever say the entire Colts fan base said they'd go 9-7? Never. So don't try and spin it like I'm calling your team awful at every turn I get. I wasn't doing that and any rational person could see that.

I can't even imagine anybody thought they were going 9-7 or 10-6 . They do suck , and around here and after all these years of kicking butt it isn't sitting well . So any kind of ridicule will be met with resistance. I am a Colt's fan long enough to remember the waning suckage of the Baltimore era , the early Indy days, and the Jeff George early 90's era, so I might be able to handle it a teenie bit better than most. Nobody is going to feel sorry for the Colt's fans after all these years and we get that, but be gentle .

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - discussing moderation
Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - discussing moderation

Dude are you serious? When did I ever say "Colts suck"? I was calling out all those with the "setting up for failure" predictions of 10-6, 9-7, or 8-8. It's not realistic. I hope those people now realize that. When did I ever say the entire Colts fan base said they'd go 9-7? Never. So don't try and spin it like I'm calling your team awful at every turn I get. I wasn't doing that and any rational person could see that.

Judgeing by the people's reactions to your post including a mod I would say not every rational person can see that. In fact I think a lot of rational people do think you were trying to get a reaction out of Colts fans which is the very defenation of trolling. Again, rather I think you were or not doesn't really matter. The mod did and she pretty much warned you that you were standing right on that line. I am just suggesting to you that you might want to listen to her.

I also didn't say you said that the entire fan base said that we would go 9-7. So don't try to put those words in my mouth either. What I said and what you are trying to do is spark a reaction out of Colts fans. If you don't want Colts fans to pick on your Texans then don't pick on Colts fans and try to get a reaction out of them. It's a two way street.

Judgeing by the people's reactions to your post including a mod I would say not every rational person can see that. In fact I think a lot of rational people do think you were trying to get a reaction out of Colts fans which is the very defenation of trolling. Again, rather I think you were or not doesn't really matter. The mod did and she pretty much warned you that you were standing right on that line. I am just suggesting to you that you might want to listen to her.

Yes, I was trying to get a reaction...out of SOME around here. I wasn't talking to anybody who thinks they'll go under .500 this year. That's pretty obvious since those words are staring you right in the face.

And I'm sure Nadine is a Colts fan and gets confused at times just like all of us do. If she wants to talk to me in private so be it.

Yes, I was trying to get a reaction...out of SOME around here. I wasn't talking to anybody who thinks they'll go under .500 this year. That's pretty obvious since those words are staring you right in the face.

And I'm sure Nadine is a Colts fan and gets confused at times just like all of us do. If she wants to talk to me in private so be it.

Which is trolling and is against the rules...That's why she gave you the warning to not do it. As I've told people in the past playing I told you so on a message board doesn't go over very well. If you are right and right enough over and over you don't need to play I told you so people will notice it and frankly will probably respect you more and value your opinion slightly more if you don't play I told you so.

Playoffs were never really in the picture. There was a very slight chance, but that's it. Only the over-optimistic thought we'd make the playoffs.

This season is about getting Luck and the new faces comfortable with the syetem. We get another high pick next year and that's when we start our climb back to the top.

Which is trolling and is against the rules...That's why she gave you the warning to not do it. As I've told people in the past playing I told you so on a message board doesn't go over very well. If you are right and right enough over and over you don't need to play I told you so people will notice it and frankly will probably respect you more and value your opinion slightly more if you don't play I told you so.

Whatever. It was a serious question, although I tried to lighten it a bit with a smiley, apparently that made it worse.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - personal argument

Nobody said that, but if you come to rub our faces in your Texan greatness or whatever and ridicule a section of fans then we as Colts fans are going to collectively be poed, whether we are overly optimistic or not.

I didn't rub your face in Texan greatness. I never said nor have I ever said that the Colts suck either. I don't know where this part of your argument is coming from.

The lameness and total immaturity of that comment explains even more.

awesome comeback......now get to bed before your mother notices the glow of your monitor shining thru the bottom of your bedroom door.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - off topic

awesome comeback......now get to bed before your mother notices the glow of your monitor shining thru the bottom of your bedroom door.

Nice...I applaud you, sir! That was really funny! Really, tell me more, make me laugh. You must be a regular comedian. I've been laughing since the beginning of the season...

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - masked profanity
Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - masked profanity

do we really want this thread closed folks do to bickering over a computer?

Happens at least once a week. The ace clowns come out to play too often...

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - masked profanity quoted
Hidden by Nadine, September 25, 2012 - masked profanity quoted

Happens at least once a week. The ace clowns come out to play too often...

perhaps,but if were both being honest your being baited into it, you said your piece long ago on it, I'd just let it go its for the best after all it is just a forum and fingers typing on a keyboard

perhaps,but if were both being honest your being baited into it, you said your piece long ago on it, I'd just let it go its for the best after all it is just a forum and fingers typing on a keyboard

I know, I take the bait way too often. I'll learn, eventually.

the "ace clowns" would be be two 13 year old trolls from texas

Or some random guy who can't cohabitate with fans who like a team other than his.

i'm sorry i just remembered i'm arguing with a kid....honestly..i'm sorry

And I'm arguing with a ajtnajghgt. Let's see if you can guess what I want to type.

Or some random guy who can't cohabitate with fans who like a team other than his.

ive never had a problem with patriot fans who post here quite often...for the most part they are actually quality posters. but i will restrain myself for now on....

And I'm arguing with a ajtnajghgt. Let's see if you can guess what I want to type.

the most amazing man in the world? flattery will get you no where young man....

the most amazing man in the world? flattery will get you no where young man....

Neither will being negative and buffoonish when you can't form a valid argument. It seems you're learning a lesson from a 'kid' today. Continue, you're only making yourself look worse.

ive never had a problem with patriot fans who post here quite often...for the most part they are actually quality posters. but i will restrain myself for now on....

I think it takes quality to judge quality, wouldn't you say.

Neither will being negative and buffoonish when you can't form a valid argument. It seems you're learning a lesson from a 'kid' today. Continue, you're only making yourself look worse.

man, i said i was sorry....

I can't even imagine anybody thought they were going 9-7 or 10-6 . They do suck , and around here and after all these years of kicking butt it isn't sitting well . So any kind of ridicule will be met with resistance. I am a Colt's fan long enough to remember the waning suckage of the Baltimore era , the early Indy days, and the Jeff George early 90's era, so I might be able to handle it a teenie bit better than most. Nobody is going to feel sorry for the Colt's fans after all these years and we get that, but be gentle .

i did but we have to pull a few upsets. i think we can beat the jets pats bill chiefs dolphins titans and browns and we will get revenge on jags

i did but we have to pull a few upsets. i think we can beat the jets pats bill chiefs dolphins titans and browns and we will get revenge on jags

You know other than the Packers and probably the Patriots I am not sure if there is a team on our schedule that given the right scenario we can't beat but you can say that about any team in the NFL. I think we are going to see what we saw on Sunday more often though and that's a young team that is learning how to win in the NFL which is normally really painful because it's going to mean losing some games that they should have won every team goes threw that though. I'll say this this year is already better than last because at least more weekends than not you can feel like the Colts at least have a shot where as most Sundays last year the game was over before it ever started.

Paul Justin and the 0-13 Colts beat the defending SB champion Packers and Brett Favre in 96 ot 7 I believe so it has happened. But it is highly unlikely.

I was at that game. We were supposed to get our butt spanked that day.

Something that I found amusing about that day was seeing a whole lot of people wearing green and gold that were cheering like crazy when we won.

I was at that game. We were supposed to get our butt spanked that day.

Something that I found amusing about that day was seeing a whole lot of people wearing green and gold that were cheering like crazy when we won.

Packer fans are generally pretty classy, at least all the ones I have met.

You know other than the Packers and probably the Patriots I am not sure if there is a team on our schedule that given the right scenario we can't beat but you can say that about any team in the NFL. I think we are going to see what we saw on Sunday more often though and that's a young team that is learning how to win in the NFL which is normally really painful because it's going to mean losing some games that they should have won every team goes threw that though. I'll say this this year is already better than last because at least more weekends than not you can feel like the Colts at least have a shot where as most Sundays last year the game was over before it ever started.

Most these teams are thinking this is a sure win or winnable game on the other side too.