Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We lost because

RW87

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote name='RW87'

1) Couldn't stop Forte We didnt do great against the run but that didnt kill us.

2) Marshall was a beast BAH - so was Reggie IMO they offset each other

3) Our OL was garbage YES they were! for most of the game, but Luck threw for over 300 yards!

4) Cutler wasn't pressured at all after the 1st quarter Freeney took a dive and the pressure was over!

Sub-par performance but we will improve.

> 5) Luck over threw half a dozen wide open receivers and we had 5 turnovers - many because of him!

I agree things will Improve - hope we can get a win next week at home!

#5 is largely a direct result of #3

We lost because we have a below average Oline and we faced a top 3 Dline. I'm not worried about our defense. We had some mediocre coverage against Brandon Marshall, and that'll get you every time.

Kavell Conner looks like a freakin' beast though. He's taken the coveted title of Peytonator's favorite LB from Angerer.

We lost because early when momentum was in our hands we could not capitalize and put up more points. once Chicago got settled and started executing their talent really stood out. But we will be fine. people tend to forget we are not only a young team but inexperienced as well. there will be games when it looks like we have it figured out. and some where we look lost.

From some of the comments after the game you'd think we lost the super bowl.

We got the #1 pick in the draft for a reason. Against, arguably a play-off calibre team last year (barring the loss of Cutler). We had rookies all over the pitch. The difference between winning and losing is normally the lines, and our O-line sucked so much they nearly swallowed Cutler whole.

It was what I expected, and I'm ok with what I saw. Tell me anyone who thought our o-line would do well in this game?

Jared Allen and All Day next. It's not college football anymore guys, and these rookies will learn.

Props to Reggie, outstanding.

We got the #1 pick in the draft for a reason. Against, arguably a play-off calibre team last year (barring the loss of Cutler). We had rookies all over the pitch. The difference between winning and losing is normally the lines, and our O-line sucked so much they nearly swallowed Cutler whole.

It was what I expected, and I'm ok with what I saw. Tell me anyone who thought our o-line would do well in this game?

Jared Allen and All Day next. It's not college football anymore guys, and these rookies will learn.

Props to Reggie, outstanding.

I really hoped, our O-line would have been better yesterday.

Still, I think our new team did great efforts. Almost the half (or more) of the team is replaced and we have rookies. Coaching staff knows where we need to improve, and also knows where we can improve.

Sh...t happens sometimes...it can get only better.

The Team needs Fans' support the most!

1. 5 turnovers
  2. D couldn’t pressure Cutler
  3. 5 turnovers
  4. Couldn’t stop forte (though that was not all that unexpected)
  5. We had 5 turnovers
  6. Stupid mistakes (like Brown trying to run before he has the ball)
  7. I think we had 5 turnovers
  8. Luck had NO time to do anything.
  9. Oh and did I mention that we had 5 turnovers
  10. Bears are a good solid team (at least they were on Sunday)

The bears pass rush was ferocious. We will have a long season if we can't keep Luck clean against a 4 man rush.

I think our D was OK. Remember when Marshall set the all time game/reception mark against us? He is a very good receiver. We will improve. I just want some good blocking to see what #12 can really do. Might have to wait a while for that.

All I keep hearing is... the bears were better and the o-line and pass rush blah blah blah....

Did anyone actually watch the game? We dropped what was it 5 interceptions that our DB's had a hand on? Andrew Luck had 22 incomplete passes, I'd venture to say that 10+ of those balls were dropped by the receivers. Plus Luck overthrew Wayne two times.

There were other gaffes with the o-line and pass rush, etc, but I don't even think they compare to us just dropping turnovers and first downs.

This game was strictly on the offense. Quick turnovers and numerous possessions of 3 and outs wore on the defense quickly. You could tell by the end of the half they were starting to get tired. The pass rush gets neutralized and the coverage has to switch from man to zone. I thought the run D was good. Sure they still put up 120 yards rushing but 35 of those came on one play where Forte should have been tackled way earlier on. Once they started playing zone and only rushing 4-5, Cutler was picking their pockets. This is where the offense MUST sustain drives, even if it only turns into 3 points. They have to help keep that defense off the field and somewhat fresh.

Its the first game, and sure I was disappointed, but it was to be expected. By mid-season they will be fine.

we loss because tom zbikowski couldn't cover the middle of the field or tackle forte. we were getting tons of pressure on cutler in the 1st quarter then they start running. our defensive line did an amazing job clogging up the middle but there were many times that zbikowski let forte break contain and run for big yardage. i know luck had 4 turnovers but hes a rookie going against a great bears defense, there's no excuses for ho bad zbikowski played.

All I keep hearing is... the bears were better and the o-line and pass rush blah blah blah....

Did anyone actually watch the game? We dropped what was it 5 interceptions that our DB's had a hand on? Andrew Luck had 22 incomplete passes, I'd venture to say that 10+ of those balls were dropped by the receivers. Plus Luck overthrew Wayne two times.

There were other gaffes with the o-line and pass rush, etc, but I don't even think they compare to us just dropping turnovers and first downs.

Luck also was late on interceptions, underthrew another missied wide recieviers & throw in some rediculous catchs by wayne, & yes there were some drops as well!

He didn't allow Peppers to get a sack, but he completely whiffed on McClellan and allowed him to get one. The irony...

you could say that but he had the hardest job out of o line and the rest of the o line was shocking bad when they rushed 4 it was always the centre or the right that messed up

quote name='RW87'

1) Couldn't stop Forte We didnt do great against the run but that didnt kill us.

2) Marshall was a beast BAH - so was Reggie IMO they offset each other

3) Our OL was garbage YES they were! for most of the game, but Luck threw for over 300 yards!

4) Cutler wasn't pressured at all after the 1st quarter Freeney took a dive and the pressure was over!

> 5) Luck over threw half a dozen wide open receivers and we had 5 turnovers - many because of him!

I agree things will Improve - hope we can get a win next week at home!

Luck was inaccurate out of the pocket. Flat out BAD! He throws a lazy ball downfield to the side lines. He REQUIRES Really BIG WR`s for this.

People complain about Castanzo and it's completely unwarranted. Everybody wants Jake Long from Miami, but they may be surprised he allowed 3 sacks yesterday and has allowed 55 sacks in 63 starts. People really have way too high expectations for our O-line and need to learn that O-lineman do not win the battle every snap. The inside of our line needs work, but they should at least be a little better once Reitz returns.

1) Couldn't stop Forte

2) Marshall was a beast

3) Our OL was garbage

4) Cutler wasn't pressured at all after the 1st quarter

I can only say that Wayne , Fleener constanzo won there match ups today , if freeneys ankle was not hurt cutler would not have 5. ..6 secs to throw ..oh don't forget the refs let Marshall push off all day

First learn walk..then learn fly..Nature's rule Daniel-san..not mine...

That really applies to the Colts...They are right now taking their first steps....it will take time to grow, just as anything else in life.

Some people forget that with anything new, it takes time to grow and develop...Give the Colts time. in the end, the rewards will be great.

Agree!

Also, on the positive side...if you watched the beginning of that game, The Colts appeared aggressive and confident...after a few bad plays they appeared to fall apart. Even though the coach does not care for the reference "we are in rebuilding mode"; at times with all of the rookies still going through their growing pains, that is exactly what is going to happen. How about that Reggie Wayne? Did he not step up and display professionalism necessary for the rookie’s growth? .

People complain about Castanzo and it's completely unwarranted. Everybody wants Jake Long from Miami, but they may be surprised he allowed 3 sacks yesterday and has allowed 55 sacks in 63 starts. People really have way too high expectations for our O-line and need to learn that O-lineman do not win the battle every snap. The inside of our line needs work, but they should at least be a little better once Reitz returns.

Maybe, And yes you are right Ol men even the best will get beat ocasionaly but they need to win at least half the battles Castanzo was not good early played better later but the OL HAS to play better ALL OVER the line!

Maybe, And yes you are right Ol men even the best will get beat ocasionaly but they need to win at least half the battles Castanzo was not good early played better later but the OL HAS to play better ALL OVER the line!

Unfortunately, when the line has a weak link(Olsen) it causes a chain reaction and makes all the lineman look worse than they really are. I really think Castanzo and Satele can be very good, but Olsen, Mcglynn, and Justice are not that good(Olsen being the worst) and they make Castanzo and Satele have to work a lot harder and they start getting beat. I think Justice would be fine with a good RG beside him and Satele will look better once Reitz is back.

Unfortunately, when the line has a weak link(Olsen) it causes a chain reaction and makes all the lineman look worse than they really are. I really think Castanzo and Satele can be very good, but Olsen, Mcglynn, and Justice are not that good(Olsen being the worst) and they make Castanzo and Satele have to work a lot harder and they start getting beat. I think Justice would be fine with a good RG beside him and Satele will look better once Reitz is back.

Justce YUK, Olsen Mcglynn ahhhhhhhh is there a diffence going to rewatch the game not sure. Satele is a good run blocker not sure pass blocker, oppsite of Saturday. But hey we just brought in Essix can't be weose I Think!