Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The all-encompassing "We should sign/claim that guy" thread (merge)

bavanlan

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pulling for Baptiste too. Actually I'm really pulling for San Diego to cut Aubrayo Franklin, but I've wanted to see him rock the horseshoe for the last few years or so........

I actually think Johnson has been more then serviceable actually pretty good through his first 4 years (54 games0 he is only 3 total tackles behind Casey Hampton through Johnsons 1st four years compared to Hamptons (53 games through that period) the only difference is 4 sacks for Hampton to 1.5 for Johnson but Johnson has came close on more then 1 occasion in the preseason in the new scheme,

I think Florence would be Nickel Corner at best but would provide competition with Gordy. Personally if it came down to 1 of the 2 either Florence or Edwards I would get Edwards

The Florence cut is a bit intriguing. He could almost step right in due to his time in san diego.

Del Rios defense probably didn't fit him.

The Florence cut is a bit intriguing. He could almost step right in due to his time in san diego.

Del Rios defense probably didn't fit him.

probably, its intriguing but just not intriguing enough for me, we need depth at defensive end even more then Corner

I think Florence would be Nickel Corner at best but would provide competition with Gordy. Personally if it came down to 1 of the 2 either Florence or Edwards I would get Edwards

Part of me thinks that Gordy was kept around for Special Teams purposes. I don't see Florence on ST. He has had some trouble sticking with a team the last few years. Not sure why, I would think he would be cost prohibitive (meaning he isn't that much better than what we have so the added $$ wouldn't be worth it). He would have to sign as a FA too.

probably, its intriguing but just not intriguing enough for me, we need depth at defensive end even more then Corner

Yeah i'm not that hot on Florence myself, but his availability is worthy of a little notice.

Speaking of DE I can't believe we held on to Ricardo Matthews. I was ready to see him go

I wanted us to draft Isaiah Frey, he was drafted by the Bears who were already loaded at CB, and I heard some good things about his camp performance. I don't think he ever really had a shot at their roster, but I think he could be great... You know... Based on my extensive scouting knowledge...

How about Evan Moore? We could use another TE, and he has tons of upside as a receiving threat.

No we don't need another TE. At this point the only position of need would be NT. O-line could use an upgrade, but that is really all thats worth actually having to lose another player for.

jets-35.png Jets | Seven waived Fri Aug 31, 09:42 PM

The New York Jets waived OT Paul Cornick, DB Donnie Fletcher, RB Terrance Ganaway, WR Royce Pollard, LB Ricky Sapp, TE Hayden Smith and WR Jordan White Friday, Aug. 31.

I see the Jets let Terrance Ganaway go. I didn't know his uncle is Jeremiah Trotter.

He might be a rookie, but Boykin is super fast. I can see why they cut Hanson

Haven't seen him but I'll take your word for it. This is why I still want Joselio Hanson, he just got beat out by a better player but probably still has game left plus he doesn't have a nagging injury issue like Atogwe. His veteran experience would play well here.

Haven't seen him but I'll take your word for it. This is why I still want Joselio Hanson, he just got beat out by a better player but probably still has game left plus he doesn't have a nagging injury issue like Atogwe. His veteran experience would play well here.

Got no problem with picking him up if need be. Not sure how long it would take him to acclimate

I'm okay with either Hanson, or even Drayton Florence. Either one of those two. Florence would

take a lot less time to accimate into the defense. He should already know the calls I believe.

I also see Chris Carr just got cut as well. He's a guy with some speed who played with the Ravens

for a while and the Raiders. He also brings alot of punt and kick return experience. I'd take Florence or

Hanson over him though. That's how I see it!

Yeah Boykin is straight. I'm a big Georgia Bulldog fan as I am originally from Atlanta so even though I live in Houston, Texas I still keep up with and watch the Bulldogs whenever I can.

I say Essex just because our RG sucks now and at least has Arians playbook down, Alphonso smith, Jacques Cesaire to help on the DL from the chargers, Gerard Warren NT from pats, Orie Lemon LB from the cowboys, all should get phone calls if you ask me. Coaching staff must be positive that Chapman will be ready to in after the first 6 weeks

I say Essex just because our RG sucks now and at least has Arians playbook down, Alphonso smith, Jacques Cesaire to help on the DL from the chargers, Gerard Warren NT from pats, Orie Lemon LB from the cowboys, all should get phone calls if you ask me. Coaching staff must be positive that Chapman will be ready to in after the first 6 weeks

saw on Colts.com that he isn't on the PUP list... he's on a list called "Reserve Non-Football Injury" are these essentially the same thing, or is there a difference?

saw on Colts.com that he isn't on the PUP list... he's on a list called "Reserve Non-Football Injury" are these essentially the same thing, or is there a difference?

Good question. I didn't know either so I ran a search:

Active/PUP relates to players being unable to start training camp with a football-related injury. There is no rule governing them to sit out of practice for any amount of time. Once they are medically cleared, they're allowed to practice that moment. Then there's the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform List. If by the end of the preseason a player isn't medically cleared yet, he can be transferred to the Reserve/PUP, which prevents that player from playing and practicing during the first six weeks of the season -- however that player doesn't count against the 53-man roster. If the player isn't activated after the sixth week, the team has a three-week window to make a decision (injured reserve, release, activation).

http://44management.wordpress.com/2009/07/29/activepup-vs-reservepup/

I must admit tomorrow is a day i have been looking forward to for sometime. Think we add 2-3 players who will contribute this year fro us.

Anyone have a list of rookie who were drafted this year who were cut today / Wonder who the highest drafted pick is ?

I don't have a list of all the draft picks from this year that have been cut, but Buffalo, Dallas, and Seattle each cut a fifth round pick. (Numbers 147, 152, and 154). I believe that these are the highest 2012 picks that have been cut. Of course this could change as teams swap guys in and out of rosters this weekend.

So the 24 hour claims window... Is it from the time a player is dropped (ie. we heard Keith Tandy was dropped around 11 something am) or from the 9 pm drop deadline?

I assume the deadline is for filing a claim, and the results of any claims will take a while to be processed and reported in some/most cases. I've been driving my wife nuts with my constant checking of these threads, but reality is probably that we won't hear anything, possibly even until tomorrow...

Knowing that, I can safely assume the fact that I'm still constantly checking must now be strictly to annoy her... :)

So the 24 hour claims window... Is it from the time a player is dropped (ie. we heard Keith Tandy was dropped around 11 something am) or from the 9 pm drop deadline?

I assume the deadline is for filing a claim, and the results of any claims will take a while to be processed and reported in some/most cases. I've been driving my wife nuts with my constant checking of these threads, but reality is probably that we won't hear anything, possibly even until tomorrow...

Knowing that, I can safely assume the fact that I'm still constantly checking must now be strictly to annoy her... :)

I was getting ready to ask the same thing..lol Will we know today if we claimed anyone or will it be tomorrow?

MARQUIS. MAZE.

You do realize in order to claim a WR they would then need to release a player.....right? And that would probably be another WR considering that would give us 7 on the active roster and their not keeping 7 WR's on the active roster. He isn't worth dropping any of the recievers we have now.