Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The all-encompassing "We should sign/claim that guy" thread (merge)

bavanlan

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same idea but with a twist, Satele can play Guard, I would look at Koppen and if he will be ready to go soon, I would pick Koppen up and put him at Center and move Satele to Right Guard

I would think of it. I like Satelle but he seems hhe might get overpowered by huge NT so if Koppen is stronger then im ok with it. of course this is would have to begin with Griggson believing he fits our OL style

I had the same idea but with a twist, Satele can play Guard, I would look at Koppen and if he will be ready to go soon, I would pick Koppen up and put him at Center and move Satele to Right Guard

There is no way I would move Satele. He is a center and a good one. Why would you want to keep messing up the chemistry of the line? It would be a terrible idea. I'm sure if Grigson see's a better option at G for us, he'll make the move.

There is no way I would move Satele. He is a center and a good one. Why would you want to keep messing up the chemistry of the line? It would be a terrible idea. I'm sure if Grigson see's a better option at G for us, he'll make the move.

that is actually true... after agreeing with Gavin i now agree more wtih you.

thank you

Koppen and Hanson were released...id take a chance on koppen he cant be worse than mcglynn

Man, you and I think alike.

Dan Koppen played center really well for Brady, and plays with good leverage. He will be a good RG candidate, and backup center as well that has experience. He will not be on the market for too long.

Marvin McNutt and Jabar Gaffney might be some names that might interest a team like Broncos who will be toast once either Decker or DT go down on the offensive side, IMO. I think we are fine on the offensive side, except O-line.

NT, OG/RT, CB, ILB, would be top 4 areas in order of importance for the Colts, IMO.

Spot on.

And C is probably the worst position to mess with, in terms of continuity with the line. Satele is fine.

Jean-Baptiste, the big DT from Baylor, was released by the Ravens.

I have a feeling we are picking Baptiste up for backup purposes. Aiono or Anunoby will make the roster. They will wait for Chapman to come off PUP and if he does not, they will IR him and activate one of Aiono or Anunoby, whoever has not made the roster.

Spot on.

And C is probably the worst position to mess with, in terms of continuity with the line. Satele is fine.

Agree, if we get Dan Koppen, it will be for playing RG and backup center. I am not sold on Shipley, to be honest as a backup center.

here is the Jets cut list. they have to release 7 more players as well.

WR Joseph Collins (rookie, undrafted free agent, Weber State), LB Marcus Dowtin (rookie, undrafted free agent, North Alabama), G Robert Griffin (rookie, 6th round, Baylor), G Fred Koloto (rookie, undrafted free agent, San Jose State), P Spencer Lanning (1st year, undrafted free agent in 2011 by Bears, South Carolina), DB LeQuan Lewis (rookie, undrafted free agent in 2011 by Tennessee) Arizona State), TE Tarren Lloyd (rookie, undrafted free agent, Utah State), DB D'Anton Lynn (rookie, undrafted free agent, Penn State), CB Julian Posey (1st year, undrafted free agent, Ohio), DE Jay Richardson (5th year, 5th round in 2007 draft by Raiders, Ohio State), WR Eron Riley (1st year, undrafted free agent in 2009 by Ravens, Duke), DT Brett Roy (rookie, undrafted free agent, Nevada), QB Matt Simms (rookie, undrafted free agent, Tennessee), DT Martin Tevaseu (2nd year, undrafted free agent in 2010

by Browns, Nevada-Las Vegas).

most notable player is DE Jay Richardson. he played fairly well just depth on the line put him on the wrong end of the stick