Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thank You, Peyton!

LucasOilStadium

Thank you Peyton, you are the reason I starting rooting for the Colts and you are a class act. There will never be another one like you. You will always be remembered as a Colt #18. Good luck to your future QB career and I hope you enjoy the rest of it. Hard to say goodbye! :coltslogo:

Thank you, Peyton.

Thank you for all of the great memories. Thank you for bringing a winning tradition to the Colts. Thank you for giving Colts fans something to be proud of. Thank you for the selflessness you've shown to the community.

Thank you.

That was really painful.

I hope that manning gets to play exactly as he wants to this season

I agree...very emotional, but what a class act Peyton really is. I knew he was all along, but today he went above and beyond to show how much class he has. Sounds like he's keeping his family in Indianapolis and when he said he'd always be a Colt, that just really got to me.

I will always be a die-hard fan of Peyton and of the Colts. As he and Irsay said, this is not what they wanted, but the circumstances made this the best option for Peyton and for the Colts.

Peyton you are the greatest...on and off the field, your time as a colt will always be remember and cherished. Oh how I wish it could have been different. But now you get to show another teams fan why you are the one and only true g.o.a.t. I'll always remember you with that horseshoe on your head...

Best of luck with your new team, Im sure all of us will still be rooting for you Peyton, heck some even when u play the colts.

Peyton Manning, greatest of all time....nuff said...

Peyton Manning you will always be a Indianapolis Colt in my heart and one of the primary reasons I love football! Best of luck to you Peyton where ever you go! Your a class act Peyton! Go Colts and never forget #18!!!!

I’ve been a Colt’s fan since 1957, I’ve see some incredible players leave the Colts, And now another one.

I’ve had time to wrestle with the emotional side of this Colts goings and I asked myself 2 questions. 1) Would I like Peyton to win another Super Bowl or two? Yes I would. And, 2) Do I believe that the current Colts roster will be a viable option for that to happen? Nope.

For this fan, PM has been the best thing to happen to this franchise in decades, sadly that time has passed. Now I to look to the next exciting Colts era that should begin with these words, ‘With the first selection in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Andrew Luck, Quarterback, Stanford.

Thanks for bringing the ‘Shoe back to football respectability Peyton.

Thank you so much, Peyton, for all you have done for this City. We love you beyond measure and will miss you so. My heart hurts. The memories of the great comebacks, the blowouts, the Patriot/Colt rivalry, the audibles will never be forgotten.

I wish you the best wherever you go, but to me, you will forever be a Colt.

God Speed to the greatest I have ever seen play and to a very special person.

I became a fan of the Colts franchise at the age of 8 during the 1980's season. The team was hapless and I remember many days in school being ridiculed and questioned regarding my favorite team choice. As years passed, the Colts flirted with the playoffs once every blue moon but most seasons were spent cheering for mediocre teams. I thought that I would never see this team win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. In 1995, we were one unanswered hail mary prayer away with John Harbaugh but alas that ball rolled off of Aaron Bailey's chest...we fell short. I prayed and asked the Lord to allow me to see this team win a Super Bowl...at least once in my lifetime. Enter Peyton Manning...after several years of knocking on the door, he led me to my greatest joy as a sports fan. Seeing my Colts...my joked on, hapless, beloved Colts win a Super Bowl. Thank you Peyton for being the vessel by which my prayer and I am sure the prayers of many other long suffering Colts fans were answered.

Peyton Manning was a perfectionist. Ackward, goofy, lovable...human. We Colts fans persevered with him through his failures and reveled in his vindication on a rainy football field in Miami. He gave us the most remarkable come back in NFL history in the wee hours of a Monday night. Commercials about laser-rocket arms. He gave us joy and renewed pride in the horse shoe. Thank you God for allowing us to have Peyton Manning as our quarterback for so many years. Thank you Peyton for being you...class all the way. I wish you the best where ever you decide to finish up your career. Regardless of whereever you go and achieve in the future...you will always remain a COLT. Hopefully we will see the day when you return back to the franchise in some capacity in the future. At the very least, we'll see you in Canton sporting the "Shoe".

I became a fan of the Colts franchise at the age of 8 during the 1980's season. The team was hapless and I remember many days in school being ridiculed and questioned regarding my favorite team choice. As years passed, the Colts flirted with the playoffs once every blue moon but most seasons were spent cheering for mediocre teams. I thought that I would never see this team win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. In 1995, we were one unanswered hail mary prayer away with John Harbaugh but alas that ball rolled off of Aaron Bailey's chest...we fell short. I prayed and asked the Lord to allow me to see this team win a Super Bowl...at least once in my lifetime. Enter Peyton Manning...after several years of knocking on the door, he led me to my greatest joy as a sports fan. Seeing my Colts...my joked on, hapless, beloved Colts win a Super Bowl. Thank you Peyton for being the vessel by which my prayer and I am sure the prayers of many other long suffering Colts fans were answered.

Peyton Manning was a perfectionist. Ackward, goofy, lovable...human. We Colts fans persevered with him through his failures and reveled in his vindication on a rainy football field in Miami. He gave us the most remarkable come back in NFL history in the wee hours of a Monday night. Commercials about laser-rocket arms. He gave us joy and renewed pride in the horse shoe. Thank you God for allowing us to have Peyton Manning as our quarterback for so many years. Thank you Peyton for being you...class all the way. I wish you the best where ever you decide to finish up your career. Regardless of whereever you go and achieve in the future...you will always remain a COLT. Hopefully we will see the day when you return back to the franchise in some capacity in the future. At the very least, we'll see you in Canton sporting the "Shoe".

Wow...I just noticed that this "farewell post" was my 888th post. 8 is the number of new beginnings. How appropriate! I firmly believe that both the Colts and Peyton Manning will be fine when all is said and done.

Peyton your the reason I started watching Football,your the reason Im a Colts fan(still will be)Never thought I would see the day that you were no longer a Colt I will continue to follow you and cheer for you and wish you the best. I hope 1 way or another you can retire a Colt.

Thank You Peyton

Thanks Peyton, if not for you, I probably wouldn't be that much into football. You gave us 10 or so seasons where we felt like our Colts could win a Superbowl, that's alot more than the average NFL fan can say. And thanks again for helping bring home a ring and bringing a SB to Indy!

If you ever decide to coach, please comeback to Indy!

Thank You Peyton. I am forever grateful, as the Colts became a power & a Super Bowl contender with you here. We were suddenly NOT THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE LEAGUE any more! I have been a fan since the Baltimore days & I remember the really DARK YEARS!! Thanks Peyton for bringing a Championship to my lifetime, & 2 Super Bowl appearances. I never thought I would see them & may not again.