After failed physical with Ravens, Ryan Grant en route to Indianapolis

TKnight24

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

He’s never missed a game. Ravens just wanted out of that deal after Crabtree was released. He’s heakthy BUT I get the joke haha

There could be some truth to that. That deal looked desperate and bad the moment it was announced. 

7 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

That sucks for him...he was going to get paid. BAL caught a break here.

But why would the Colts want him if he's not healthy.

When Colts physicians check him out, he'll pass. Dr. Robert Anderson (I heard) has already cleared him.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

https://ebonybird.com/2018/03/13/ryan-grant-raven-qa-riggo-rag/

Here's an article from Baltimore writer selling Grant to their fans. Says he can be #2. Says he has great hands and runs crisp routes... 

Crisp routes can get you separation. His speed is in line with Julian Edleman, and slightly quicker then Wes Welker produced.

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

Is he a possession receiver or a #2 receiver?

A possession receiver, a quicker Griff Whalen with slightly better hands, I can almost say he is as quick as Julian Edelman is in the slot. Deceptively quick to get open. However, if a coverage gets blown, is smart enough to place himself in vacant zones to give QB easy target.

All signs point to Baltimore being a classless organization in this situation. Every report I’m posting and seeing says the injury wasn’t an issue until the Crabtree news broke. Instead of manning up and saying they didn’t want him, they faked the failed physical story 

NFL is a business at the end of the day, a very dirty business 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

A possession receiver, a quicker Griff Whalen with slightly better hands, I can almost say he is as quick as Julian Edelman is in the slot. Deceptively quick to get open. However, if a coverage gets blown, is smart enough to place himself in vacant zones to give QB easy target.

yep. sign the man Ballard!

Just now, TKnight24 said:

All signs point to Baltimore being a classless organization in this situation. Every report I’m posting and seeing says the injury wasn’t an issue until the Crabtree news broke. Instead of manning up and saying they didn’t want him, they faked the failed physical story 

NFL is a business at the end of the day, a very dirty business 

A Farewell gift from ON

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

When Colts physicians check him out, he'll pass. Dr. Robert Anderson (I heard) has already cleared him.

Crisp routes can get you separation. His speed is in line with Julian Edleman, and slightly quicker then Wes Welker produced.

If the Colts clear him, does he have any recourse against BAL? Or is getting cleared a subjective thing?

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I think Griff Whalen is a poor comp.  Grant is viewed as a WR2 or WR3.    Whalen will never be either of those.   He's a 4 or 5.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

yep. sign the man Ballard!

I think we get enamored with the big wide outs that cannot get open or think they can make it with their athletic ability. It is time we go back to basics and route running that flourished during the Peyton era.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I think Griff Whalen is a poor comp.  Grant is viewed as a WR2 or WR3.    Whalen will never be either of those.   He's a 4 or 5.

I knew that once I typed it. Edelman like quickness underneath is more apt. :) 

Just now, chad72 said:

I think we get enamored with the big wide outs that cannot get open or think they can make it with their athletic ability. It is time we go back to basics and route running that flourished during the Peyton era.

:rock:

Just now, JColts72 said:

Failed physical, small WR, will not be productive. Sounds like someone Ballard plans to get with his cheap tightwad approach to FA.

:scorebad:

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's one or the other?

You can't be....   both?

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's one or the other?

You can't be....   both?

Its a one or the other question. Possession or #2 was the question.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Dilly! Dilly!