Does this seem like a fair trade?

49 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Dolphins receive 3rd in 2018

Colts Receive 11th 42nd 73rd in 2018 and 2019 2nd

Wasnt sure if 2019 2nd was asking too much 

Colts select Nelson or Edmunds 

Dolphins trade up for Mayfield 

Is this an April Fools Day joke?

Why would anyone trade us a 1st rounder and a 2019 2nd rounder for a 3rd rounder??

26 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

But both Ballard & Reich said it's not going to be about one player.

Well IMO it would be Irsay that would step in and put an end to trading Luck.

Luck would only be worth that much if he was 100% healthy and in that case he wouldn't be going anywhere.

Based on the trade calculator, and estimating their second next year to be around the same range, this trade would be a win for us. Ours values at 2200 and theirs 2435. If they gave us next year’s third rounder it would be more equal, but I’d say let’s play hardball. 

I would take the deal as I believe one of those guys will be there with the rush of QBs being overdrafted. I think it’ll be like the 2011 draft in that respect. 

9 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Dolphins receive 3rd in 2018

Colts Receive 11th 42nd 73rd in 2018 and 2019 2nd

Wasnt sure if 2019 2nd was asking too much 

Colts select Nelson or Edmunds 

Dolphins trade up for Mayfield 

IMO, if they are trading up to get a Qb at #3, then it is not enough.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think it's roughly a fair trade.....

But....

I personally don't see Nelson and Edmunds lasting to 11....

I think both go in the top-10....   

Well, we need pass rush correct? The more I look into it the guy who would have the biggest impact might be Taven Bryan..He might be worthy at 11 if Nelson isn't there..I would rather do the trade back with Jets or even Bills than this trade though..

16 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

How exactly do you calculate future draft picks

yeahi have to ask that as well.  its a crap shoot, i mean look at the Texans and Rams for example

Texans thought they'd be at worst picking in the mid 20s again this year when they traded their future 2018 pick to the Browns.  Then all the injuries and they would have had the 4th pick...

Rams on the other hand, they had the number 4 last year, granted they traded out of it, but this year, they jumped to the 23rd.  So their first rounder this year lost a lot of value in comparison to where they were expected to be after last years...

28 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

its not an exact science or anything, but a starting point is future picks are worth one round less.  value changes depending on how good that team is expected to be

Not a fan of that deal. That 2019 2nd rounder has to end up being a very high 2nd rounder to make it worth it...and there's no guarantee of that.

But right now it's not valued as such...and I am not making this deal...unless I am not sold on any of the top prospects.

4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Put the value at about a median pick for the round. Unless there is a serious expectation the team you are trading with will be much better than that. (for example, if you trade with the Pats or Eagles, or Steelers...etc.) Then you might be justified to count those as late round picks... 

5 hours ago, Cynjin said:

IMO, if they are trading up to get a Qb at #3, then it is not enough.

I've resigned myself to the belief that we are not going to get a kings ransom.

This offseason there is an unnaturally high number of QB's with starting potential available via FA, Trade, or in the draft.  A lot.

Supply is up, demand is down.  

We're not likely to get a king's ransom from anyone.

If by some miracle Edmunds was still on the board at 11 this trade would be a slam dunk steal.  But I think that's outside the realm of reason and we'd end up with someone a little lower tier.  Maybe Jackson or Connor Williams?  I honestly might be able to get on board with that... it's intriguing to say the least.

I'd prefer Chubb but the extra high second pick gives us an opportunity at someone like Malik Jackson while still getting a pretty good guard or RB like Guice or Chubb.

Man I might be talking myself into this one lol.

31 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I've resigned myself to the belief that we are not going to get a kings ransom.

This offseason there is an unnaturally high number of QB's with starting potential available via FA, Trade, or in the draft.  A lot.

Supply is up, demand is down.  

We're not likely to get a king's ransom from anyone.

The Colts may not be able to get a inordinate amount in a trade.  I do believe they should be able to get more than the chart says the 3rd overall pick is worth, if the team the Colts are trading with is trying to get a QB.