Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets to release or trade Eric Decker

RockThatBlue

Other edge of the Free Agency sword...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19559886/new-york-jets-release-lb-david-harris-cut-eric-decker

** EDIT- Merged into this thread.  Was posted in the FA folder, but decided to  move it into NFL General where two other threads were already started, and knowing OTA's are underway and the movement from FA, draft threads into the NFL General threads will increase. **

1 hour ago, MTC said:

Makes sense. They're rebuilding and don't need 30+ year old veterans. 

Or payroll much higher than production returned.  FA / Salary Cap 101.

Untold riches for FA's of slightly above average ability at FA beginning / signing.  But if they don't produce and the guaranteed money has been amortized... buh bye...

16 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Bowles is fired after next season.  They should be/are going into a full rebuild.

Bowles had one good year and blew their playoff shot against Rex Ryan twice, then a horrible year with a horrible roster. I wouldn't be so sure if he gets canned after this clear tank of a season but we'll see.

5 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Bowles had one good year and blew their playoff shot against Rex Ryan twice, then a horrible year with a horrible roster. I wouldn't be so sure if he gets canned after this clear tank of a season but we'll see.

I always liked him I feel he would do a lot better with and actual QB for once dude can coach a D if he has just a bit of actual talent lol 

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

I've heard rumblings that Jets fans are getting tired of him.  He went 5-11 last year and they're pretty much setting up him for failure this year with that roster.  Back to back sub .500 seasons could be enough to get him fired.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

I've heard rumblings that Jets fans are getting tired of him.  He went 5-11 last year and they're pretty much setting up him for failure this year with that roster.  Back to back sub .500 seasons could be enough to get him fired.

At that point I'd never take a job in the AFC East, maybe a decade after Brady and Belichek retire. Talk about setting yourself up for failure.

39 minutes ago, bababooey said:

At that point I'd never take a job in the AFC East, maybe a decade after Brady and Belichek retire. Talk about setting yourself up for failure.

Yeah, people want to talk about how the AFC South is a weak division, but they always conveniently forget how awful the AFC East is aside from the Pats.  The last time the Jets won a playoff game was 2010.  The last time the Bills won a playoff game was 1995 and they haven't even made the playoffs this millennium.  And the last time the Dolphins won a playoff game was 2000.  Furthermore, the AFC East has had the Pats win the division in 14 of the last 16 years, including the last 8 straight.  The Pats are certainly a dominant football team, but their division is awful.

59 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah, people want to talk about how the AFC South is a weak division, but they always conveniently forget how awful the AFC East is aside from the Pats.  The last time the Jets won a playoff game was 2010.  The last time the Bills won a playoff game was 1995 and they haven't even made the playoffs this millennium.  And the last time the Dolphins won a playoff game was 2000.  Furthermore, the AFC East has had the Pats win the division in 14 of the last 16 years, including the last 8 straight.  The Pats are certainly a dominant football team, but their division is awful.

Yup, the only reason it's not 15 out of 16 is because of a fluke year where Brady tore his ACL and they still went 11-5, Favre balled out on the Jets, but it was Pennington's Dolphins that won the division. The Pats deserve their 1st round bye and home field advantage every year because they win the games they need to win, but the other AFC East teams do everybody else no favors most of the time.

12 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Never say never BUT he doesn't really fit with what they're doing here.

A good possession receiver like Decker fits any offensive scheme. I am not saying the Colts should sign him but Decker does have success wherever he goes as long as he stays healthy.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

A good possession receiver like Decker fits any offensive scheme. I am not saying the Colts should sign him but Decker does have success wherever he goes as long as he stays healthy.

I'd invite him in....see if he's 100%

I thought he'd slowed down a little and he wasn't a road runner to begin with

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'd invite him in....see if he's 100%

I thought he'd slowed down a little and he wasn't a road runner to begin with

He has always had a knack for finding the open spot to catch a football. We have a very crowded receiver crew now but it wouldn't hurt nothing to take a look at him. I would imagine Ballard is looking but so are other teams. If he is healthy IMO he will find work pretty quick.