Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are releasing several scouting personnel.

MTC

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I have a feeling that CB wanted the people to stay until after the draft since they had developed the Scouting Reports

He also kept them till after the draft so they wouldn't leak our draft board to other teams.

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I have a feeling that CB wanted the people to stay until after the draft since they had developed the Scouting Reports

Yeah, there wasn't really an option to change personnel mid-draft-season. Most of his guys probably had engagements with other teams already and the resident scouting team had already done some massive amount of work on scouting. No need to waste it. Just wait for the draft season to end and make the changes he wants. It sounds reasonable to me.

A couple more names to watch while Ballard fills his scouting staff. Rex Hogan the Jets Director of College Scouting, and Morocco Brown currently a 49ers scout, but scouted with Ballard in Chicago. La Canfora also mentioned their names a while back.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/24/15049972/report-gives-a-few-names-to-keep-an-eye-on-potential-colts-scouting-department-hires-chris-ballard

I personally think that we should look into Scot McCloughan for a position on our staff. I believe he was unfairly a fall guy in Washington due to his conflicted relationship with Team President Bruce Allen. He has a great resume, and built a playoff roster quickly while he was there

1 minute ago, SDakColts said:

A couple more names to watch while Ballard fills his scouting staff. Rex Hogan the Jets Director of College Scouting, and Morocco Brown currently a 49ers scout, but scouted with Ballard in Chicago. La Canfora also mentioned their names a while back.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/24/15049972/report-gives-a-few-names-to-keep-an-eye-on-potential-colts-scouting-department-hires-chris-ballard

I personally think that we should look into Scot McCloughan for a position on our staff. I believe he was unfairly a fall guy in Washington due to his conflicted relationship with Team President Bruce Allen. His has a great resume, and built a playoff roster quickly while he was there

I agree about SM

5 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

KInda sucks though for some of the scouts. You spend all this time building these reports on players, and after they get drafted, you get fired so all that hard work was almost for nothing haha.

Tough world but hey, the NFL is a business after all. 

I'll betcha they aren't too surprised either.  Maybe a little bummed but doubt they were taken off guard about it.  That's part of their business and their jobs are done for the year.

7 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

This makes sense, Ballard had a great opportunity to evaluate the scouts, and we ditched the ones he felt weren't up to par.

Expect more of the same after this season with the coaching staff.

You can bet everyone in the organization is shaking

in their boots. Ballard isn't afraid to take out the trash

if they aren't up to his standards.

Kinda reminds me of how Belicheck runs the Pats