Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Todd Mcshay Draft Buzz

11 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Am I to understand that a "Parachute Pick" means we're ending his fall? I have never heard that before.

Thanks for the clarification. Never heard that. I also think those trade talks with Cincy earlier in the spring might have been to see what it would cost to get up to 9 and take him. (I think at the time that made sense with where he was projected and with LB needy teams including Cincy, NO, CLE, ARI, and Philly all being possible landing spots it was hard seeing him survive all those without being taken.  With his on/off issues I think we likely stay put and see what 15 offers us. If he is there we probably take him but we are probably ok with whatever talent 15 gives us. I don't think I'd be happy giving up draft capital to move up for him at this point.

9 minutes ago, D-lineman said:

Good Lord this guy has off the field issues and injury concerns. I wouldn't pick him in the first round. Florida linebacker better choice 

I'm hoping the intent is that he wouldn't get past out 2nd round pick.

25 minutes ago, D-lineman said:

Good Lord this guy has off the field issues and injury concerns. I wouldn't pick him in the first round. Florida linebacker better choice 

Mayock has reported that teams aren't concerned with the injury. Ya he has had red flags no doubt but look at the Chiefs, they have taken players that had red flags and so far so good. I'm not lobbying for the guy but many think he is top 5 hands down.  At fifteen that would be a steal or it could be talk hoping a team will trade up for him. All I know is if he had problem with drugs it would show up in the past. There are no reports that he has failed previous tests during school. I guess Thursday we will know for sure what will happen.

Foster was ranked barely higher than 15 in a few sites.  Now they say he free falls to 15 as if he was a top 5 prospect. You'd have to think that a failed drug test made him ranked higher...at least in popularity....Not only does pot not matter...it actually helps, lol.   Gotta love the media and how they cater to their audience these days.

This is hilarious.

3 hours ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

Todd Mcshay has heard Rueben Foster would be a "parachute pick" or the Colts. Posted link on other Buzz about the draft

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19233844/todd-mcshay-2017-nfl-draft-buzz-everything-hearing

I hope we don't get Foster. He has shoulder issues and I don't see how he will hold up over the whole NFL season.

Foster is too risky now. Too many issues including a huge character issue with the diluted specimen.

Too many other solid players without the red flags. I would even consider Jones in the third round as a red shirt player if that happened but not Foster in the first round. He will not be a Colt because someone in the first round will take a flyer on him

Reddick at #15

If Ballard were to take him, I would support it 100%. None of us know the kid on a personal level, none of us have interviewed him. If Ballard does his due dillegence and thinks he's safe to take, I'm behind it. I do think its a risk but my opinion is an uneducated one.

17 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

If Ballard were to take him, I would support it 100%. None of us know the kid on a personal level, none of us have interviewed him. If Ballard does his due dillegence and thinks he's safe to take, I'm behind it. I do think its a risk but my opinion is an uneducated one.

I agree 100%. I see people saying no because of his background but many players have had issues before the draft. As long as due diligence is done I trust Ballard. Yes there are players that had problems that didn't succeed but their players like the Honeybadger, Von Miller, Shane Ray, Janoris Jankins, Justin Houston, Tyreke Hill, Marcus Peters, Vontae Burfict, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston. I trust Mayock more than anyone and he does not see anything that should affect Foster's stock. Look at his confrence call and he explains. Plain and simple this dude has elite traits and if he was picked I wouldn't be concerned

49 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I hope we don't get Foster. He has shoulder issues and I don't see how he will hold up over the whole NFL season.

other than the rotator cuff surgery what shoulder issues has he had?

Y'all want to pass on the best linebacker prospect since Luke Kuechly since he tested positive for a "deluted urine sample," but have no problem taking a literal woman beater in Joe Mixon.

One drinks a lot of water, and the other smacks around women. 

Saying you don't want Foster due to his injury history is one thing, saying we should pass on him because of his "character concerns" is preposterous.

OK, for those interested in Foster one way or the other, you can hear straight from the horse's mouth at approx. 9:30 on Mike & Mike.  He will be in studio.  They have said they will be asking him about the test, the Combine incident, etc.

21 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

I really don't know, but taking damaged players high in the draft is more risk than I would take. About fifty percent of first round picks are busts.

If the draft was the week after the season ended, where do you think he would go?  Did he fail drug tests in college?  Does a verbal argument weigh that heavily on you?

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:21 PM, Exodus said:

Y'all want to pass on the best linebacker prospect since Luke Kuechly since he tested positive for a "deluted urine sample," but have no problem taking a literal woman beater in Joe Mixon.

One drinks a lot of water, and the other smacks around women. 

Saying you don't want Foster due to his injury history is one thing, saying we should pass on him because of his "character concerns" is preposterous.

exactly

12 hours ago, wig said:

If the draft was the week after the season ended, where do you think he would go?  Did he fail drug tests in college?  Does a verbal argument weigh that heavily on you?

I really don't care where Foster would go as long as the Colts don't take him. We have too many injured players over the years and I wouldn't draft a linebacker with an injured shoulder.

18 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

I really don't care where Foster would go as long as the Colts don't take him. We have too many injured players over the years and I wouldn't draft a linebacker with an injured shoulder.

apparently none of the teams in the league care about his injury going forward, if you believe reports

4 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

apparently none of the teams in the league care about his injury going forward, if you believe reports

I don't think we need Foster with all the linebackers we already signed. We need pass rushers. I hope some team picks him early so he is out of consideration at pick 15.

14 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I don't think we need Foster with all the linebackers we already signed. We need pass rushers. I hope some team picks him early so he is out of consideration at pick 15.

What ILB have we already signed?  Bostic and spence?  

30 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I think it will be a linebacker, whether it's inside or outside.  Unless one of the safeties fall

I sure hope so... we never really have had a top rated LB...  last one I remember is Gary Brackett (I might be wrong).  He was energetic and a good hitter, but not top LB in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I sure hope so... we never really have had a top rated LB...  last one I remember is Gary Brackett (I might be wrong).  He was energetic and a good hitter, but not top LB in my opinion.

Brackett was an UDFA.  Played well above expectations

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Brackett was an UDFA.  Played well above expectations

Should have worded that better.... I just meant that he is the best LB I remember us having for a while, not so much what he was or was not expected to be.  Thanks for reminding me of that nonetheless.

McShay is saying Fornette may go to the Jags. Trubisky could be the Browns #1 pick as the team wants him vs. the management wants Garrett. So, instantly we see Cleveland screwing up by battling each other in terms of the vision of what they need. Small wonder they stink. If Trubisky does go #1 tear up all papers on who goes when in the draft. This is currently coming from Mike & Mike live. Trubisky a #1 pick?! If no one else would do it why does Cleveland even consider it? Browns fans you have my sympathy.

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

You're right, but I just don't see pick 15 being a linebacker.

not sure why you say that

both foster and reddick are in the top 15 of most player rankings, and we have nothing but back up quality players on the roster