Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Updates (Lots of Info)

TKnight24

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

"Artery opened, blood gushing out, not enough gauze"? Is that the new catchphrase, Lol?

Very disappointing to see Geathers as week to week. That can be a death sentence with his regime...

Thanks for the updates TK, always appreciate the work you put in for us commonfolk 

Hopefully Geathers gets healthy for the playoffs for our super bowl run :rock:

I'm sorry but I do not trust Morrison in the passing game at all.   I think they will exploit him, and he's not quick enough to recover dealing with Miller.  Hopefully we make the necessary adjustments because I think it's going to be a problem.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm sorry but I do not trust Morrison in the passing game at all.   I think they will exploit him, and he's not quick enough to recover dealing with Miller.  Hopefully we make the necessary adjustments because I think it's going to be a problem.

You trusted DQ in the passing game?  I trusted DQ would get smoked routinely.....  Morrison might do worse simply from an inexperience standpoint, but it won't be because DQ was superior in coverage....

Just now, Shafty138 said:

You trusted DQ in the passing game?  I trusted DQ would get smoked routinely.....  Morrison might do worse simply from an inexperience standpoint, but it won't be because DQ was superior in coverage....

He's worse than DQ.  DQ was better in coverage.   No agility nor recovery speed.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Here is the only silver lining: he'll be playing Mike.  When he was playing before he was playing Will which involves (I'm sure you know) more coverage and requires athleticism.  So hopefully as Mike he'll be in coverage less and will be allowed to focus on run stopping,  getting off blocks and tackling. Now,  I'm not saying he'll be any good.  I think he will struggle.  But hopefully at Mike the damage is minimized. 

1 minute ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

Here is the only silver lining: he'll be playing Mike.  When he was playing before he was playing Will which involves (I'm sure you know) more coverage and requires athleticism.  So hopefully as Mike he'll be in coverage less and will be allowed to focus on run stopping,  getting off blocks and tackling. Now,  I'm not saying he'll be any good.  I think he will struggle.  But hopefully at Mike the damage is minimized. 

When he struggles I hope they realize it early and pull him out.  I want to not be negative about it, but it's hard when you know how big this game is.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

When he struggles I hope they realize it early and pull him out.  I want to not be negative about it, but it's hard when you know how big this game is.

But would you put in? I'd rather play Morrison then Mcnary.  Truth there is no good options.  I'm surprised they didn't sign Nate Irving or workout a vet like James laurenitus (maybe they did and press doesn't know.)

11 minutes ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

But would you put in? I'd rather play Morrison then Mcnary.  Truth there is no good options.  I'm surprised they didn't sign Nate Irving or workout a vet like James laurenitus (maybe they did and press doesn't know.)

I hate to say it but probably Mcnary.   A lot of bad choices in there. Pagano mentioned Deon King.  That's sketchy too, but he was known as a tackling machine coming out of college and runs 4.6.  Must be something there that they liked to claim him off waivers to the regular roster and keep him there vs the PS.   Luke Rhodes has some athleticism as well from what I've studied today.  They may end up having to try a little bit of everybody for this game.  Especially with Clayton Geathers not playing.

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

Except Morrison is the slowest LB i have seen in 40 + years.
 A Joke he was drafted by anyone.

48 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I wonder how Geathers hurt his neck, did he do it in practice? Lifting? I seem to remember he was practicing last week while being in the protocol. If it was related to the hit on Murray that's pretty delayed.

Weathers hurt his neck on the 4th and 1 stop near the end of the Tennessee game stopping Murray.

Geathers led with his head to stop Murray.      That's how he hurt his neck.

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Weathers hurt his neck on the 4th and 1 stop near the end of the Tennessee game stopping Murray.

Geathers led with his head to stop Murray.      That's how he hurt his neck.

Right, but he was a full participant in practice after the Pittsburgh game when it was just reported as a concussion. Just wondering if he hurt it worse by practicing.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

What adjustments were you thinking?

1 hour ago, superrep1967 said:

What adjustments were you thinking?

If he's sucking get his butt on the bench fast.  That's the main adjustment!

Otherwise you have to be smart about how you use the kid.  Somebody else needs to be in there against the pass.