Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Boomer Esiason: Patriots should be in Super Bowl

buffalo34

When did this guy become such a huge Patriots homer? Even if you watch him during CBS pregame/halftime shows it's a New England lovefest with this guy. It's brutal.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/02/05/boomer-esiason-bit-of-a-lull-without-patriots-in-super-bowl-50/

“Where the [censored] are the Patriots? The Patriots should be here,” Esiason told

98.5 The Sports Hub’s

“While it’s a great story that Peyton Manning is here, it’s not the Manning of four years ago or in Super Bowl XLVIII when he came in with the No. 1 offense. So that excitement isn’t there. I don’t know what it is, other than the Patriots aren’t here.” concluded Esiason.

I'm the opposite way. The fact that the Patriots aren't in it automatically makes it a great Super Bowl to watch for me.

Also, for the extra lol:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/01/18/boomer-esiason-patriots-broncos-afc-championship-toucher-rich/

Boomer, 

Did you suffer too many concussions in your football career & secretly dream of Bill Belichick drafting you instead of Brady? 

Sore loser syndrome...Grow up Boomer...The Broncos defense threw Tommy around like a dog's favorite chew toy. How ever will Mr. Esiason cope with such heartbreak? [Sarcasm]

“You have to feel they can’t throw over the top, and if they can’t do that you sit on the short stuff. But you never count Manning out."

I deplore statements like this because you slam a person & then give them a generic sympathy complement in order to minimize the sting. It's like saying a guy's dumber than a box of rocks but he tries or she's no knockout, but she has a nice personality.

Translation: You're an overrated analyst that nobody worth their salt should take seriously or give any credence to. 

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Esiason seems to have a long history of disrespecting Peyton. This is just one of the negative things that Esiason has brought up every since he became an announcer. I think he has always been jealous of Peyton because Peyton has found success where "Boomer" didn't.

An excellent point CC1. Boomer criticizing Manning for not being clutch enough or playing well in previous playoff campaigns is rich coming from a QB who never hoisted a Lombardi Trophy above his own head. 

Jealousy & envy are obviously in full Esiason display here. Very; very sad indeed. 

10 hours ago, bababooey said:

He's absolutely not a Pats homer. He's a Rangers homer and likes the NY teams more than any. Unfortunately his daughter dates an Islanders player.

He absolutely is.  Has been for quite some time.

32 minutes ago, BOTT said:

He absolutely is.  Has been for quite some time.

Yep. Esiason is a big-time Tom Brady/Bill Belichick fan. It's been obvious for years now. East Coast fandom rears it's ugly head in many varieties.

btw ... Boomer, turn on ESPN 2 now! 2006-7 AFCCG. :) 

1 minute ago, Moose Of Woe said:

I'm honestly not sure which is more biased. Heath Evans, Willie McGinest or Boomer Esiason. At least Heath and Willie actually PLAYED on New England, but Boomer drools all over them just as much.

Sure they're a great team but he acts like they walk on water.

I really like Willie McGinest on TV....

.....Never knew what he was like when he was playing but he's soft spoken and smooth..

Works well with the ladies..never embarrases them when they ask a question that might not be brilliant..

Obviously highly respected by the other ex-players..

Great 2nd career for him

1 hour ago, Moose Of Woe said:

I'm honestly not sure which is more biased. Heath Evans, Willie McGinest or Boomer Esiason. At least Heath and Willie actually PLAYED on New England, but Boomer drools all over them just as much.

You can add collinsworth to that list of worthless analyst/announcers too...

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

I really like Willie McGinest on TV....

.....Never knew what he was like when he was playing but he's soft spoken and smooth..

Works well with the ladies..never embarrases them when they ask a question that might not be brilliant..

Obviously highly respected by the other ex-players..

Great 2nd career for him

Ha, youre kidding right?

I'll agree im surehe is happy with his "2nd career" but to say he's good at it is a stretch...

13 minutes ago, Kyle234 said:

Let's be real, courtesy of the Broncos defense*

Yes, the Broncos Defense was awesome.

Just out of curiosity,  Had the Pats Won, in your eyes would The Denver Defense have been to blame for not doing enough, or would the blame have been on Peyton..?? :dunno: 

11 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Yes, the Broncos Defense was awesome.

Just out of curiosity,  Had the Pats Won, in your eyes would The Denver Defense have been to blame for not doing enough, or would the blame have been on Peyton..?? :dunno: 

'Isnt Peyton always to blamne if there is a TEAM loss , been that way forever

2 minutes ago, bayone said:

'Isnt Peyton always to blamne if there is a TEAM loss , been that way forever

btw... I've been chatting with our friend MAC this morning.   He is right there with us, being both anxious and nervous for tomorrow.

I told him to relax,  ( haha  funny coming from me) but seriously, I told him, win or lose, I am just going to try to take it all in and enjoy celebrating the career of one of the greatest ever.

18 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Ha, youre kidding right?

I'll agree im surehe is happy with his "2nd career" but to say he's good at it is a stretch...

I thought the same thing (you think of McGinest) about Michael Strahan but his 2nd career is going well.

Seriously, Willie speaks well. He isn't argumentative or offensive...Nice looking guy.

Its TV. What else does he need.

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Esiason seems to have a long history of disrespecting Peyton. This is just one of the negative things that Esiason has brought up every since he became an announcer. I think he has always been jealous of Peyton because Peyton has found success where "Boomer" didn't.

He's just always liked brady and the pats over the manning. 

Two ints by Brady (3 if you count the int on the two point conversion), something like 3 for 15 on 3rd down conversion, going for fourth down and failing instead of kicking fieldgoals twice, that is why they are not at the SB. They are not there because they sucked. If they can't play at home in the playoffs they can't win anymore and I say good riddance.

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

He's just always liked brady and the pats over the manning. 

I agree. Esiason IMO has always had a arrogant attitude when it comes to Manning. Kind of like Collinsworth had in his early days as an announcer. Collinsworth has changed his outlook on Manning over the years IMO.

13 hours ago, Booker23 said:

Well they aren't because #18 kicked them to the curb sooo..

Your statement makes as much sense as me saying it's all because of Tom Brady that he didn't win the game. If Brady didn't hold onto the ball or miss his targets so often, the pats would be in this game tomorrow and not the Broncos. 

Look, I'm a Colts fan so outside of wanting to see anyone besides The Pats in it and hoping Manning can get another ring, I don't really care as much. But the fact is, Manning out performed Brady in this game. I know you will point to the 300+ yards etc... But Manning made the plays he had to, when he had to and Brady did not. 

Manning gets the credit for this win as much as his defense did. 

7 hours ago, bababooey said:

I listen to him every day, he has a radio show for NY sports he's not a pats homer.

im guessing he tones it down for the NYC market......he's not stupid.  He has other platforms that I'm familiar with....he loves Brady and BB.

28 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Your statement makes as much sense as me saying it's all because of Tom Brady that he didn't win the game. If Brady didn't hold onto the ball or miss his targets so often, the pats would be in this game tomorrow and not the Broncos. 

Look, I'm a Colts fan so outside of wanting to see anyone besides The Pats in it and hoping Manning can get another ring, I don't really care as much. But the fact is, Manning out performed Brady in this game. I know you will point to the 300+ yards etc... But Manning made the plays he had to, when he had to and Brady did not. 

Manning gets the credit for this win as much as his defense did. 

No he doesn't.  Manning is a shell of himself and he knows it.....just doing whatever he can to help/not hurt the team at this point.

5 hours ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Ouch, Heath Evans....  That's rough, and a good debate as to which one is worse. 

21 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Collingsworth would be ok if he would just shut the hell up from time to time.

But he can't unfortunately.  Phil Simms makes me want to smash the TV also.  He has a tendency to not shut the heck up as well.  Not to the level of Collinsworth but he's getting up there on my annoyance meter and has been for awhile.

9 hours ago, BOTT said:

No he doesn't.  Manning is a shell of himself and he knows it.....just doing whatever he can to help/not hurt the team at this point.

Being smart with the ball and not turning it over yet still makes plays when it's needed is winning at the QB position. There is always Brock. Oh wait, Manning replaced him already because he wasn't effective. 

On 2/6/2016 at 3:22 AM, crazycolt1 said:

When you call yourself a nickname of "boomer" it makes you seem more exciting that Norman Julius Esiason. I guess that's OK for a high school or college nickname but it seems a grown man would grow out of it.

I always figured that he got the nickname "Boomer" due to excessive flatulence.