Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per Adam Schefter Colts and Duron Carter closing in on deal (Merge)

Deathiltis

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never really heard of him before all this. I looked him up and saw that bc of off the field issues he didn't get to finish at D1 and get drafted. Saw he was cut by the Vikings. Hope he got better and put all that garbage behind him.

He hasn't had any problems since college as far as I can tell. And it seems like he has stayed out of trouble the last two seasons in Canada.

Stylistically, he is a pure prototype for a wide reciever. He is huge with very good speed. Two words you use to describe him is catch radius. The big issue I see with him is he is a bit lightweight and could stand to add a couple lbs of he wants to dominate NFL corners.

I remember reading where Carter, by rule, could not sign until sometime in early February.

How is it then, that he is close to a deal with the Colts?

They can agree to the terms. Agreeing and signing are 2 different things.

He can agree then in February sign what they agreed too

I remember reading where Carter, by rule, could not sign until sometime in early February.

How is it then, that he is close to a deal with the Colts?

Jim Popp (Montreal's GM) agreed to release Carter when he signs with an NFL team.

Per Adam Schefter, the Colts and Luck are working on the parameters of a $25m/year deal. 

I'll wait until I see something from someone else.

The fact he works with Chris Carter at ESPN makes me believe the report is true. 

Hopefully Duron Carter can pan out unlike Da'Rick Rogers, Lavonn Brazil, even Donnie Avery and Darius Heyward-Bey. Too many times have the Colts signed/drafted players with amazing potential but character concerns and it always fails or in DHBs or Averys case, they just do not play well in their prove it deals. Fingers crossed that Carter can become a long-term Colts player( if he signs).

I recall most beig excited to see what he could do, but never saying he would be anything at ILB. In fact, many were questioning his size.

Alright, I guess I am over-exaggerating with savior, but I mean like adequate or good. Hopefully he can impress in training camp and preseason and earn a starting job.

Hopefully Duron Carter can pan out unlike Da'Rick Rogers, Lavonn Brazil, even Donnie Avery and Darius Heyward-Bey. Too many times have the Colts signed/drafted players with amazing potential but character concerns and it always fails or in DHBs or Averys case, they just do not play well in their prove it deals. Fingers crossed that Carter can become a long-term Colts player( if he signs).

Avery was actually productive enough. I think we just expected things to work out differently, and Allen getting hurt and then Reggie getting hurt changed things. But out of Avery, DHB and Nicks, Avery was easily the most productive. He did as much in his one season here as the other two combined.

Alright, I guess I am over-exaggerating with savior, but I mean like adequate or good. Hopefully he can impress in training camp and preseason and earn a starting job.

Well, he seemed like a liability in coverage unfortunately. I still think Freeman is going to come back next season and get back to his previous production. I think the team likes D'Qwell so I doubt we will be drafting an ILB early anyway. But we are going off on a tangent here.

I'm hoping he'll have his head on straight.  Hopefully he can develop into something like what Kelvin Benjamin was for the Panthers.

I really like the Kelvin Benjamin comparison except Benjamin is a lot bulkier, can really bully NFL corners.

Rogers & Brazill brined their own bridges.... They had the talent

Avery & DHB were basically the same person. Speed, No Hands

Never really heard of him before all this. I looked him up and saw that bc of off the field issues he didn't get to finish at D1 and get drafted. Saw he was cut by the Vikings. Hope he got better and put all that garbage behind him.

Yeah...hopefully he doesn't turn out to be Darick Rogers 2.0.  Could be a huge opportunity for Duron if he can make the most of it. 

Avery was actually productive enough. I think we just expected things to work out differently, and Allen getting hurt and then Reggie getting hurt changed things. But out of Avery, DHB and Nicks, Avery was easily the most productive. He did as much in his one season here as the other two combined.

Yeah he could actually get on the field and be a presence, I agree with you.

Yeah...hopefully he doesn't turn out to be Darick Rogers 2.0.  Could be a huge opportunity for Duron if he can make the most of it. 

I hope he's not Rogers 2.0 also, but even if he is, it doesn't hurt us. The risk/reward matrix on this is very favorable for us.

Like Darick Rogers huge?? Just suprised to see people so excited....maybe its just the first offseason signing but I will consider it a big deal when he makes the 53 man roster...until then I fully expect him to be a PS player.

Doubt the intent is for him to be on PS. With all the interest Carter received, he would be plucked off of the Colts PS as fast as they put him on there.

I do agree with tempered expectations though. 

Rogers & Brazill brined their own bridges.... They had the talent

Avery & DHB were basically the same person. Speed, No Hands

Yup, sad and disappointing to see, especially with Rogers and Brazill so much potential just go away like nothing. It's so hard to make it into the NFL and when you do you have to take advantage of it; hopefully Carter can.