Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per Adam Schefter Colts and Duron Carter closing in on deal (Merge)

Deathiltis

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what he's saying is if he was on an NFL Street Game back in the PS2 days when you could customize the game ball, he'd be a beast?

True, I could see that

:colts:

I lol'd.  That game was awesome.  Still preferred NFL Blitz, though.  Nothing can surpass the first time you figure out that after you tackle a guy, you can just have all your lineman repeatedly elbow drop the downed player. 

Where are you getting your numbers from a link would be nice some might think you are just tossing stuff out there. I think he might have a few surprises too. It's hard to change  cat's colors this was last year. I am not saying I don't like the signing I really hope it works out but 6'5 198 is pretty thin be will need to add some weight. The article is actually pretty good I know it's bleacherropert.

The biggest weakness I see in Carter, as related by Dan Pompei in his piece on the player, is how he'll deal with press-man coverage. He was pretty much shut down by Delvin Breaux, a fellow CFL prospect who signed with the Saints this offseason. Pompei writes:

Coaches told him he would be a focal point of the game plan, but midway through the second quarter, he still had not seen a pass come his way. He became frustrated and drew two 15-yard penalties, one after punching an opponent and the other after he was pointing at an opponent and his hand was bumped into an official's face. He wound up with three catches for 25 yards in a 40-24 loss.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2345668-duron-carter-a-solid-gamble-for-depleted-indianapolis-receiver-corps

I don't have a link, it is just from watching both leagues and some college ball for decades.. You look at how many college players are out there and how many play pro ball, there or here. Yes breaux shut him down but ,the ticats shut the whole team down. Yes we will have to see if he makes the team, just IMO I think he will. CFL'ers had a good showing during the super bowl this yr. And the weight thing , he will put it on, you just don't need it here are such a big field. lol