Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts make Roster Moves

TKnight24

Finally some news!!!!! Thank you Grigson!!!!

@CraigKColts: The @Colts have signed FA FBs-Stephen Campbell and Cameron White. Both are products of recent regional combines. Many paths lead to NFL.

The @Colts have signed a pair of free agent fullbacks in Stephen Campbell & Cameron White. Both attended last week's Super Regional Combine.

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

April 17, 2014

Why do we need 3 fullbacks.. I'm guessing at least one is gone before training camp.

Training camp has 90 players and somebody has to play FB on the 2nd and 3rd team offenses and it's not like Havili is a world beater at FB he could use the competition.

I thought Dan Moore was going to beat out Havili last year before Moore got hurt

Training camp has 90 players and somebody has to play FB on the 2nd and 3rd team offenses and it's not like Havili is a world beater at FB he could use the competition.

I thought Dan Moore was going to beat out Havili last year before Moore got hurt

I wonder what Dan Moore is up to, I had him making the roster last year till he got hurt

Im not impressed with Havili he looked good one week and terrible the next I hope one of these guys beat him out and do way better than him.

Perhaps Dan Moore is not as good as some here would think?

He's still available and we still haven't signed him.

And the idea of rooting for some guy off the street over the guy we have instead of simply hoping that the guy we have gets better is just a fan's perspective....      you just want somebody else. 

Perhaps Havili is better than some here believe?

Im not impressed with Havili he looked good one week and terrible the next I hope one of these guys beat him out and do way better than him.

"He looked good one week and terrible the next"

Congratulations, you summed up the ENTIRE :colts: team these past 2 seasons in one sentence

:clap: :clap:

Perhaps Dan Moore is not as good as some here would think?

He's still available and we still haven't signed him.

And the idea of rooting for some guy off the street over the guy we have instead of simply hoping that the guy we have gets better is just a fan's perspective.... you just want somebody else.

Perhaps Havili is better than some here believe?

Havili never had any competition since he got here unless you want to count Dwayne Allen.

And he isn't a good lead blocker if you ask me especially in the Bengals game he would meet Burfict and maulauga in the hole but would bring his hands with him and the would just bounce right off of him and still make the play. Samething happened in both Chiefs games, and Arizona(those are just some of the games I noticed when I rewatched them recently)

Also from rotoworld, Havili graded out as the fifth-worst lead blocker in the league in Pro Football Focus' ratings.

Like I said he can use the competition.

Havili never had any competition since he got here unless you want to count Dwayne Allen.

And he isn't a good lead blocker if you ask me especially in the Bengals game he would meet Burfict and maulauga in the hole but would bring his hands with him and the would just bounce right off of him and still make the play. Samething happened in both Chiefs games, and Arizona(those are just some of the games I noticed when I rewatched them recently)

Also from rotoworld, Havili graded out as the fifth-worst lead blocker in the league in Pro Football Focus' ratings.

Like I said he can use the competition.

Wasn't Robert Hughes a FB too? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I don't get the allure of a FB. Rather just use Allen in that position and save a roster spot.

Why? Then you take away creativity. Allen is a TE. Use formations with Allen at TE and Fleener flanked out wide. Having someone at every position increases creativity imo

But hey, what do I know?

Why? Then you take away creativity. Allen is a TE. Use formations with Allen at TE and Fleener flanked out wide. Having someone at every position increases creativity imo

But hey, what do I know?

Well, if your going to run two TE sets with Allen and and Fleener then put the 3rd TE in at FB in those instances. Keeping a pure FB doesn't make sense to me. Especially when he isn't even that good.

Well, if your going to run two TE sets with Allen and and Fleener then put the 3rd TE in at FB in those instances. Keeping a pure FB doesn't make sense to me. Especially when he isn't even that good.

Yeah, if we actually had a vontae leach type FB I'd be one thing.

Oh I see what you mean. That's a valid perspective to look from

But it's who Pep is so not really much us fans can do about it

Is that why they went 22 - 10 with 1 playoff win with a division crown in the last 2 seasons? :goodluck:

So you're gonna deny that we're inconsistent cause that was my point & the point of the post I quoted. The poster pointed out Havili's inconsistency, so I pointed out the team as a whole

One week, the Colts play like SB contenders. Next game, play like the Jags

The Colts signed free agent fullbacks Cameron White and Stephen Campbell, each of whom went through the NFL's regional combine process.

Campbell, a 6-1, 245-pounder, played at West Virginia Wesleyan. The 6-2, 251-pound White played at Hillsdale (Mich.) College.

In bigger news Reitz signed his qualifying offer probably won't get us to the super bowl but can play both G spots and in a pinch either tackle spot let's hope no pinching

Not a huge fan of Havilli tbh. Think with a good full back the power run game we are trying to install can become really good. I like to see competition at every position and seeing that we have signed 2 more fullbacks is only good news to me. What's the worst that can happen right?

I wouldn't have been dissapointed in signing Vontae Leach to a vet minimum deal. I'm not sure if he got cut again but he was available last year.

Leach is done he looked old and slow last year there is a reason he is still out there. It really seems that a lot of people on the board would rather a name than a young guy looking to make a name. I prefer youth it is a young man's game. Leach used to be good.

NFL clearly rules clearly state one Vontae per team we went with the one under 40

I sold Leach short he used to be really good one of the best blocking backs in the game but man you can only do it for so long. He lost his job in Baltimore last year He has to be in his 30 has a ring go enjoy life man.

Leach is done he looked old and slow last year there is a reason he is still out there. It really seems that a lot of people on the board would rather a name than a young guy looking to make a name. I prefer youth it is a young man's game. Leach used to be good.

NFL clearly rules clearly state one Vontae per team we went with the one under 40

I still think he is a heck of a blocker. He has great vision and even if he can't help in other areas....he CERTAINLY could teach Trent a thing or two about VISION. I agree for most positions young, hungry players are a great way to build but I wouldn't be sad to have some veterens teach our young guys.

Good to have some decent FB's on our practice squad or just not on the 53 man roster..

Havili played well some games and played terrible some games... He is just a decent to solid fullback but I can't complain...

Havili was also injured a quarter of the season and I think got re injured in the playoffs if I'm correct

So you're gonna deny that we're inconsistent cause that was my point & the point of the post I quoted. The poster pointed out Havili's inconsistency, so I pointed out the team as a whole

One week, the Colts play like SB contenders. Next game, play like the Jags

If that was the case they would be 16-16 with no playoff game in their belt. I understand your point but you seem to have a bit of exaggeration in your comment. The Colts only had two down games compared to the super bowl champs the Seahawks who went 13-3 with a loss to the Colts.  So as you can see there are very few teams who don't have bad games during the season.

I really liked what I saw out these 2 guys with their versatility and if the have good workouts and/or camps both could find themselves on the final roster

Here is what ?I see:

White-Do everything back/TE

Campbell-Traditional FB (plus long snapper)

Forgot about that Campbell can long snap so I added it there for you.  :thmup:

I know it isn't a huge but at least it puts some competition there as well. 

I still think he is a heck of a blocker. He has great vision and even if he can't help in other areas....he CERTAINLY could teach Trent a thing or two about VISION. I agree for most positions young, hungry players are a great way to build but I wouldn't be sad to have some veterens teach our young guys.

Trent will be a beast a I guarantee. People don't understand that  the learning curve for a RB is harder because you have to learn all the blocking assignments, and audibles and it also take time for you to learn how your OL blocks and how they open up holes for you to run through.

I no longer know if these guys are camp only necessarily.

The Colts are apparently checking out draft eligible fullbacks.

I think Havili is going to be competing for his roster spot. I am beginning to think he is not safe.

And that's how it should be, competition for EVERYONE except our Franchise QB. He gets a mentor instead of competition

Other than that, everyone should be competing for starting jobs