I'm sure Grigson and scouts are looking ahead at whose contracts are about to expire in the next 2 years and what their biggest needs will be. This thread is for all you micro-GM's out there, list in order of importance which positions we need addressed during next years offseason. I'll start:
1) OT: first on free agency be Jared veldheer and michael other . thats a must for luck.
5) RB: Assuming we don't resign Bradshaw, this is a clear must. If Bradshaw is resigned then this position can wait until the following year.
4) WR: Assuming DHB isn't resigned and Wayne being a FA in 2015, we need to have a #2 wr next year that will develop a year with Wayne and take over his spot the following year.
3) MLB: All 4 of our Inside LB's will become FA's in the next 2 years (Angerer and Conner in 2014; Freeman and Sheppard in 2015). I expect the Colts to resign Freeman and optimistically 2 more, but I don't see a way all 4 will be resigned, this will be a big need for us next year if either Angerer or Conner leaves.
6) DE: With an old Corey Redding becoming a FA in 2015, it would be nice to get a rookie pass rusher under his wings to teach for a full season before he leaves.
5) CB: I expect us to resign Vontae Davis next year, no question. With Cassius Vaughn leaving after this season and Darius Butler the following season we will need a solid Dime CB.
7) FS: With Bethea and Lefeged becoming FA's next year, it seems like the Colts are saying their goodbyes by drafting Boyett. Although Boyett is positioned to rest this season and take over next year, he still runs the risk of being injury prone and we need a decent backup. I really like Howell at the SS position, but I wouldn't want him to have to back up both positions.
draft pick defence while fa fill the oline best way. for 2014 year on 2015 defence be both that year in 2015