Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Biggest Position Needs for 2014 Draft/Free Agency

Just how I feel and would address it.

1. Ty Montgomery (draft)

2. Alex Mack (free agent) or Khalid Holmes

3. I think we need a better #2. Sam Shields (free agent) or Lardarius Webb (trade)

4. Richardson/Ballard/Brown

5. Rolando McClain? (free agent) only one that has/had star potential

6. Karlos Williams or CJ Barnett (draft)

7. Not sure, 7th round pick?

I like a lot of the names you have on here

1. Like Montgomery myself but also Dorial Green Beckham in next years' draft, in this year's maybe Allen Robinson

2. Alex Mack or Tyler Larsen ( late round pick)

3. Agree with Sam Shields or if he drops Bradley Roby

4. Either resign Bradshaw, sign Ben Tate or Draft Carlos Hyde ( maybe used as a FB but with the 1st 2, go for running back by committee type of game) 

5. I like the idea of McClain too, if not Brandon Spikes or draft Shayne Skov

6. Would love to get Sean Parker from Washington

7. Don't know about kickers really, an UDFA perhaps?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a lot of the names you have on here

1. Like Montgomery myself but also Dorial Green Beckham in next years' draft, in this year's maybe Allen Robinson

2. Alex Mack or Tyler Larsen ( late round pick)

3. Agree with Sam Shields or if he drops Bradley Roby

4. Either resign Bradshaw, sign Ben Tate or Draft Carlos Hyde ( maybe used as a FB but with the 1st 2, go for running back by committee type of game) 

5. I like the idea of McClain too, if not Brandon Spikes or draft Shayne Skov

6. Would love to get Sean Parker from Washington

7. Don't know about kickers really, an UDFA perhaps?

The more I see the more I think if they get another receiver it'll be later in the draft. I'll be honest I haven't watched Allen Robinson. I doubt they spend another pick on the inside of the line. They'll grab FAs because they can make immediate contributions. I'd love Roby but idk if he'll make it to us. I actually like Hyde if he makes it to the 7th. Skov falls backwards too often for my taste and I'm not a big fan of Spikes. I like Karlos Williams the most but CJ Barnett hasn't been bad. I only said use a 7th on kicker so you get who you want and you don't waste the pick on someone who wont make the roster.

Just how I feel and would address it.

1. Ty Montgomery (draft)

2. Alex Mack (free agent) or Khalid Holmes

3. I think we need a better #2. Sam Shields (free agent) or Lardarius Webb (trade)

4. Richardson/Ballard/Brown

5. Rolando McClain? (free agent) only one that has/had star potential

6. Karlos Williams or CJ Barnett (draft)

7. Not sure, 7th round pick?

I think we should sign one in free agency as well unless Rodgers becomes a star.

With the 7th round pick I think it is absolutely wise to use that on a kicker if one stands out.  But I don't know much about the top QB's this year and I know even less about the top kickers this year.

If we sign Sam Shields as our #2, where does that put Toler?  Butler is a pretty good CB in the slot and I'd hate to move him down.  

I think we should sign one in free agency as well unless Rodgers becomes a star.

With the 7th round pick I think it is absolutely wise to use that on a kicker if one stands out.  But I don't know much about the top QB's this year and I know even less about the top kickers this year.

If we sign Sam Shields as our #2, where does that put Toler?  Butler is a pretty good CB in the slot and I'd hate to move him down.  

Baldwin would be the main guy I would pursue in free agency as far as receiver goes. Toler would be the third corner on the outside. He's injured a lot and doesn't seem very consistent. I have no idea who the top kickers are but I would grab the best one with their 7th, although I like the idea of Carlos Hyde if he falls.

Baldwin would be the main guy I would pursue in free agency as far as receiver goes. Toler would be the third corner on the outside. He's injured a lot and doesn't seem very consistent. I have no idea who the top kickers are but I would grab the best one with their 7th, although I like the idea of Carlos Hyde if he falls.

I have been talking up Baldwin for weeks now. He'd be a solid signing. If Rogers plays well Baldwin would be good enough signing.

Hey guys.  I'm watching the (#15) Northern Illinois vs Ball State football game and I'm seeing a great receiver with a lot of speed in that game.  Da'Ron Brown (#4), a junior Wide Receiver from Northern Illinois is quite impressive.  He reminds me a lot of T Y Hilton.  Grigson, if you or one of your recruiters are reading this, then PLEASE check this guy out.  He could be a great pick up.