Photo

Colts... Broncos 2013 Lucas Oil Stadium

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
133 replies to this topic

#1 DILLIGAFER

DILLIGAFER
  • Banned
  • 2154 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Peytons homecoming. I'm a Colts fan. :colts:  I'm a Manning fan.  :manning:  What a game it will be. I'll be cheering on both sides of the ball. 

Lets put up some predictions. Do you think LOS :lombardi:  will be quiet while Manning is on offense or be wild and crazy. Colts fans love Luck, but loved Manning for 13 years. What kind of reaction will Colts fans have when he comes running out of the visitors locker room tunnel? What will Jim Irsay do to welcome Peyton 'home'? 

I dont know about you guys, but I'll be there come heck or high water. Got to see this game at LOS. Last time I was at LOS I had the honor of meeting Peyton and him signing my jersey. That year we went 2-14....

What week to you suspect this coveted game will take place? Put your bets on the table ;)  :rulez:

Edited by 21isSuperman, 05 April 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 House

House
  • 6732 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

Peyton will no longer be able to take advantage of LOS's "Quiet offense at work" feature.

I hope he waves his arms to get the crowd to settle and it only gets louder.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#3 chad72

chad72
  • 9251 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

I hope the Colts play them early in the season before Peyton and the offense gets into any kind of rhythm. That would be our best shot, along with home court, to get a W in this.

Oh well, I am sure TY can burn Champ on a few post routes, right? ;)  But that is a big IF, IF Castanzo can keep Von Miller off Luck. Ultimately, that is what the game will come down to, our O-line vs their pass rush

#4 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9359 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

Quiet for manning? Really?

#5 ÅÐØNϧ 1

ÅÐØNϧ 1
  • 1319 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

I look forward to this game with great enthusiasm . Peyton Manning has always been my favorite QB he has meant more to the Colts in Indianapolis  than any other in history & for me me personally in all of football history :thmup: So what I'm a Homer what a shock .. Having said that as a Bronco I hope the defense nails him early & often & The home team fans need to make as much noise as possible . Cheer him when he comes out to start cheer him when the Donks lose but during that 60 minutes don't forget he's here to beat our COLTS . It would be a sad day to forget Andrew Luck & the Colts represent the City of Indianapolis not Peyton Manning , those ugly orange uni's only look good on prisoners . 

Hørše Šen§e ¡š  ╪hé  th¡ñg á hørše håš wh¡çh kΣËpŠ ¡t frΦM ße╪t¡Ñg Φn P£Ôp¿e .

WÇ. F¡éldš

#6 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 16209 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Peyton will no longer be able to take advantage of LOS's "Quiet offense at work" feature.

I hope he waves his arms to get the crowd to settle and it only gets louder.

Just from watching on TV, the loudest I ever remember LOS being for an entire game was against the Patriots in 2009. It got pretty loud in the second half against the Packers last year, too. I hope the home crowd gives Peyton a great welcome and ovation at the beginning of the game, and then becomes a nightmare for him for the rest of the game. I hope the Broncos line false starts a half dozen times.

LET'S HUNT

#7 House

House
  • 6732 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Just from watching on TV, the loudest I ever remember LOS being for an entire game was against the Patriots in 2009. It got pretty loud in the second half against the Packers last year, too. I hope the home crowd gives Peyton a great welcome and ovation at the beginning of the game, and then becomes a nightmare for him for the rest of the game. I hope the Broncos line false starts a half dozen times.

I was at that 09 Pats game, and my ears were ringing the entire night.

I'll never forget exiting the stadium when a guy yelled out "And a big cheers for Bill for helping us win" and everyone yelled so loud lol.

But 100% agree with you, cheer him, then be merciless.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#8 james_zeigler1994

james_zeigler1994
  • 265 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Mid-season somewhere I bet between weeks 8-and 12 thoughts and it will be on TV.

#9 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6087 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

it'll probably be in november much like the pats games for ratings sweeps week

#10 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7737 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Pssh the game? I can't wait to see the forum.

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012, 2014 AFC South Champions

#11 GoPats

GoPats
  • 2491 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

4th-and-2? ;)

#12 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6087 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

i can understand your need to live vicariously through us colts fans  :goodluck:

#13 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7737 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

i can understand your need to live vicariously through us colts fans  :goodluck:

No, I just appreciate a good battlefield. haha

#14 GoPats

GoPats
  • 2491 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

True that! The real show will happen right here, lol...

My take on the "returning hero," in any sport...

Cheer him when he's introduced. If the guy helped your team be a winner, pay your respects and applaud him.

When the game starts though, that player is now your opponent. No need to boo him every time he touches the ball, but if LOS is silent for Manning and the Broncos while they're on offense, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves!

#15 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7737 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

Cheer him when he's introduced. If the guy helped your team be a winner, pay your respects and applaud him.

When the game starts though, that player is now your opponent. No need to boo him every time he touches the ball, but if LOS is silent for Manning and the Broncos while they're on offense, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves!

Exactly! Being silent is basically encouraging/helping the other team win. And no one should want to do that. Cheer pre-game, become an anarchist during the game. Behavior after the game? Depends on who wins.

#16 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 16209 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

4th-and-2? ;)

Yup, 4th and 2. But the crowd was boisterous for the entire game.

LET'S HUNT

#17 GoPats

GoPats
  • 2491 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

Yup, 4th and 2. But the crowd was boisterous for the entire game.

The Patriots tend to bring out a very special brand of hate, lol...

#18 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 16209 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

The Patriots tend to bring out a very special brand of hate, lol...

Especially in LOS. And now that I think about it, that is the only Brady/Manning matchup in LOS. The only other time Brady has played in LOS was the Super Bowl.

That game had a lot of implications. It's ironic (or maybe the schedule makers did this on purpose) that the Colts broke the Patriots record of consecutive regular season wins in that game, especially doing so with a big comeback that was helped along by a questionable coaching decision. The Pats offense was really disjointed on that possession, using up two timeouts for four plays. Just a lot of interesting "goings-on" down the stretch in that game.

LET'S HUNT

#19 GoPats

GoPats
  • 2491 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Especially in LOS. And now that I think about it, that is the only Brady/Manning matchup in LOS. The only other time Brady has played in LOS was the Super Bowl.

That game had a lot of implications. It's ironic (or maybe the schedule makers did this on purpose) that the Colts broke the Patriots record of consecutive regular season wins in that game, especially doing so with a big comeback that was helped along by a questionable coaching decision. The Pats offense was really disjointed on that possession, using up two timeouts for four plays. Just a lot of interesting "goings-on" down the stretch in that game.

Epic game for sure. I still think Faulk got a bad spot though, lol... ;)

#20 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6087 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

#21 House

House
  • 6732 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Naw he bobbled it lol.

#22 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 16209 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

You would. I think that was the best piece of officiating in NFL history. :D

LET'S HUNT

#23 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

Ran out of licks but agree, Cheer the man but be loud when hes trying to audible

Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#24 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2086 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

Really? I mean, really?

This is one reason why I'm not looking forward to this game as much as most people (I have season tickets).

Why is this even a question? Why would we get quiet for Manning when he's on offense? He's not a Colt. He's on the other team. He's an opponent.

Any other game, sure I'll root for Manning no problem, but when he's facing the Colts (our TEAM) I honestly hope we destroy the Broncos and Manning.

#25 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9359 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

He did. One of many games that year the Colts won by the hair if there butt

Edited by shecolt, 06 April 2013 - 10:25 AM.
skirting filter

#26 smittywerb

smittywerb
  • 1145 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Give him the upmost respect and a standing ovation when he comes out and introduced. After that, boo him and the broncos like any other team that comes through los

:pass: :blueshoe: BUILD THE MONSTER! FEED THE MONSTER! :blueshoe: :pass:

:HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire:

#27 DILLIGAFER

DILLIGAFER
  • Banned
  • 2154 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Really? I mean, really?

This is one reason why I'm not looking forward to this game as much as most people (I have season tickets).

Why is this even a question? Why would we get quiet for Manning when he's on offense? He's not a Colt. He's on the other team. He's an opponent.

Any other game, sure I'll root for Manning no problem, but when he's facing the Colts (our TEAM) I honestly hope we destroy the Broncos and Manning.

really. ya, really. just getting a feel for others persepctives. no need to be ignorant about it. simmer down.

#28 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2086 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

really. ya, really. just getting a feel for others persepctives. no need to be ignorant about it. simmer down.

What really was ignorant was the question... Sorry.

Have a good rest of your day.

#29 DILLIGAFER

DILLIGAFER
  • Banned
  • 2154 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

What really was ignorant was the question... Sorry.

Have a good rest of your day.

pot calling the kettle black dont you think. i didnt know you would react so harshly over something like asking others opinions on the up coming season. you'll have to excuse me for asking decent board members their opinions on the matter. so i guess you feel their opinions on the question are ignorant as well? after all, they replied without acting like heck had froze over.
thanks to those who replied genuinly. its always nice to view the up coming game from others perspectives.

Edited by Coltssouth, 06 April 2013 - 09:16 AM.
masked cursing

#30 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2086 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

pot calling the kettle black dont you think. i didnt know you would react so harshly over something like asking others opinions on the up coming season. you'll have to excuse me for asking decent board members their opinions on the matter. so i guess you feel their opinions on the question are ignorant as well? after all, they replied without acting like he.ll had froze over.
thanks to those who replied genuinly. its always nice to view the up coming game from others perspectives.

Yes. If you plan on rooting for Peyton/Broncos while we're playing (not when he's introduced) and consider yourself a Colt fan.

PS, my last line in my post above was sincere.

Edited by Nadine, 06 April 2013 - 05:41 AM.
personal shot

#31 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 14464 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

I hope we win.  I am a huge Peyton fan, but I want the Colts to win.  And I want the crowd to make it as difficult as possible.  Get up and scream and yell and make all kinds of noise.  This guy is one of the greatest of all time.  Being quiet while he is out there is going to make his job too easy and is essentially giving them the win.

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#32 AllYouNeedIsLuck

AllYouNeedIsLuck

AllYouNeedIsLuck

• 1411 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

As much as I love Peyton, I do not want him or the Broncos to succeed. Ever. Now that I feel the Colts are in the top end of the AFC (top 3 could be argued), the Broncos are a hated team of mine as of now. To tell you the truth I won't even be thinking about all the good times with Manning. It's a new era. AND I want the win. That's all I'll be thinking about. 

#33 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 16784 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

I'm not realy looking forward to this game...and I'm just hoping the Colts dont need it to make the playoffs

#34 Gramz

Gramz
  • 3168 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Peytons homecoming. I'm a Colts fan. :colts:  I'm a Manning fan.  :manning:  What a game it will be. I'll be cheering on both sides of the ball. 

Lets put up some predictions. Do you think LOS :lombardi:  will be quiet while Manning is on offense or be wild and crazy. Colts fans love Luck, but loved Manning for 13 years. What kind of reaction will Colts fans have when he comes running out of the visitors locker room tunnel? What will Jim Irsay do to welcome Peyton 'home'? 

I dont know about you guys, but I'll be there come heck or high water. Got to see this game at LOS. Last time I was at LOS I had the honor of meeting Peyton and him signing my jersey. That year we went 2-14....

What week to you suspect this coveted game will take place? Put your bets on the table ;)  :rulez:

I've been thinking of this all day, and trying to figure out a response.  

It is no secret that I love Peyton.   When I watched his first game as a Bronco, and saw him take the field, in that new uniform, it  was extremely bittersweet.   I soon realized   I was  just  happy to see him back on the field, doing what he does so well,  and proving the naysayers wrong.

I really  want to be at the game when Peyton and the Broncos come to LOS.   I know this will also be another bittersweet moment,  to see him take the field as a Bronco, in the Stadium and City that was home to him for many years.  

I equate this to watching my two sons playing on opposite teams against each other, and  me sitting in the stands and cheering on the Offense, on both sides.   I'm sure that is what I'll do,   if I'm being totally honest.   :dunno:

Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.  My Personality is who I am, My ATTITUDE depends on who you are.  

#35 Nadine

Nadine

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 7724 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:46 AM

crowd will cheer when manning takes the field.  There will be a video tribute

otherwise, it will be business as usual

It'll be interesting to see how we do against the broncos

I bet it will be bitter sweet for him as well as fans.

I sure hope he retires as a colt like jeff saturday did

it will be the hottest ticket of the season.  Sure hope we don't open with it

IMPORTANT GAME DAY POSTING:  On Game days, you can post about the game in the GAME DAY FORUM

http://forums.colts....e/game_day.html or in the chat room

Game talk in the Colts Forum will be locked during the game.

Moderators will make post game threads for everyone to post their comments to after the game

Let's keep this joint organized!!!!!

#36 cmgww

cmgww
  • 1321 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

I am betting there will be a lot of orange Manning jerseys at that game. I saw plenty at the Colts/Jags game last season...granted that was early on when the Colts were still a question mark and before #Chuckstrong, but you can bet those that were "Manning fans" will be out in force. I am talking about the people who switched allegiances when he was traded, not those of us who still love him but love the Colts more. Those types that are still bitter and post stupid comments on the IndyStar comment sections about how much better we would be right now if Manning were still here....that aside, I think it will be a hell of a game. I hope he gets a loud ovation upon introduction, and maybe a nice video montage (the trend for returning long time Colts that moved on), but it won't be quiet for him on offense. I do think there will be enough bandwagon Denver fans to make it louder than normal for Luck and the offense though, however I hope that isn't the case
In it to win it since 1992....COLTS fan first, Manning fan 2nd

#37 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4767 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

It would be nice to be there to hear Peyton's introduction at the start of the game, but frankly I'm not sure that I want to watch the game itself at all. Not as bad as the prospects of a playoff game like last year, but still excruciating. I'm scratching my head about what is so "coveted" about the prospect of a game where, regardless of the outcome, I know that I'm going to end up feeling the sting of a loss. And the thought of what the forums will be like is just disturbing. No good will come from this (darn rotating schedule)!

#38 Gramz

Gramz
  • 3168 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

regardless of the outcome, I know that I'm going to end up feeling the sting of a loss.

This ^^^  exactly....  :sigh:

Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.  My Personality is who I am, My ATTITUDE depends on who you are.  

#39 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13487 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

It's going to happen most Colts fans are going to cheer when Peyton is introduced and rightfully so.  From then on most Colts fans are going to hope the Colts win the game because a loss hurts the Colts and if the season goes like Colts fans hope next year that loss could cost the Colts come playoff time in terms of having to go on the road or missing a bye or something. 

With that said there is a simple line in the sand here between two parties that I think is really hard for the other side to understand the other.

1.  There are the die hard Colts fans who cheer for the Colts no matter what who can't fathom cheering for the other team no matter.  Frankly I am personally closer to this side of things although I try to understand the other view point.  So when the other side is pulling for Peyton these fans can't understand that because to them it comes across as cheering against the Colts when they play. 

2.  There is the other side that is grateful for what Peyton Manning did for the Colts and want to show him the respect he deserves.  They have a hard time understanding why some fans don't want to see Peyton Manning do well because if they lose it wouldn't be good for Manning. 

What is really going on side one isn't really cheering for Peyton to do bad or fail in most cases they are just supporting the Colts.  For the other side they aren't trying to cheer against the Colts they just love Peyton Manning and want to see him do well.  There is nothing wrong with either view point and each side is entitled to their view point and I think it would do both sides good to remember that both are opinions and one side isn't wrong for just simply having an opinion.  After all this is what the forum is for an exchange of opinions.  Now it's up to all of us to be adult enough (which 99.9% of all the people who post here are)  to understand that just because someone doesn't always hold the same opinion as us that it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with that person or that they are dumb or uninformed or not a fan of something.   

I look at this game the same way I do when the Colts play the Giants or Packers my other two favorite teams.  I want them to win any other game they play but when they play the Colts I am 100% in the Colts corner and just want the Colts to win the game and don't really care how well the Giants or Packers play in those games I am more interested in how well the Colts are playing.  A few years ago when the Giants came in and got blown out by the Colts I wasn't feeling bad for Eli or Giants during the game I was more excited by just how well the Colts were playing for example.  Samething when we play the Broncos.  I like to see Peyton do well any other game he plays but when he plays the Colts I am going to much more interested in what the Colts do.  It doesn't mean I am not grateful for what Manning did for the Colts.  That thought couldn't be further from the truth for me.  I am extremely grateful for what Manning did for the Colts and I hope the Colts spare no expense to bring Peyton Manning home at the end of the Career and give him the right sendoff he deserves.  However, I hope Andrew Luck and the Colts win this game not because I want to see Manning fail or anything like that, I take no joy in that, I just want to see good things happen for the Colts. 

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#40 chad72

chad72
  • 9251 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

It would be nice to be there to hear Peyton's introduction at the start of the game, but frankly I'm not sure that I want to watch the game itself at all. Not as bad as the prospects of a playoff game like last year, but still excruciating. I'm scratching my head about what is so "coveted" about the prospect of a game where, regardless of the outcome, I know that I'm going to end up feeling the sting of a loss. And the thought of what the forums will be like is just disturbing. No good will come from this (darn rotating schedule)!

To be honest, though Peyton did not leave like Favre, to me, it would be like Rodgers taking on Favre at Green Bay vs the Vikes in year 1 of Favre with the Vikes. Favre got him in year 1 but once Rodgers got him in year 2, it was all downhill for Favre from there :). But then, Favre went to the same division.

So, psychologically, I want Luck to get the edge on the field in his first meeting vs the guy he replaced, unlike Rodgers with Favre. Peyton has had his moments in the sun, it is Luck's turn, IMO :)

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Sep
    Bogie

South Saturn Delta - Oh my an actual Hendrix cash in with good material. Midnight/Midnight Lightning are real winners on this record.

View All Updates