Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RGIII's career future

nburgmei

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard rumors that this could be a career ending injury, Waiting on the MRI results myself.

If it is, that is a HUGE blow to the Redskins, I mean they gave up so much to draft him.

I don't know what knee injury could be career ending. If he tore multiple ligaments he may miss some time next season

It really isn't a secret either that every defender

A) knows when and where a guy is injured and targets that spot.

B) love to hit QBs because how protected by the rules they are.

I cringe at hits these defenders make on Quarterbacks sometimes.

And this is exactly why RGIII will continue to be at risk UNLESS his drop-back QB talents are brought to the forefront....because regardless of what alot of folks are saying....they are not.

The very God-given speed and athleticism that he uses to defeat defenses will be the tools they seek to degrade. And those defenders have some God-given talents of their own as we saw when a 350lb Haloti Ngata clobbered RGIII down field.

NFL defensive coordinators analyze and adjust....and then their players smell blood.

I was honestly heart-sick for Griffin, who I like, as he sat on the bench injured yesterday...helpless to change the game's outcome. And this is only year one of his career...it ain't getting any easier from here. Considering the solid O-line and WRs, and the physical RB he had...that is scary.

Whatever sugar-high the Shanahan's gave fans of the Redskins with the pistol this season had better be refocused in a way that doesn't put this kid so much at risk. He blew his knee out once in college and now this?

It's one of the top reason's why I preferred Andrew Luck for the Colts....and that is not dislike or disrespect for RGIII...it's the cold, brutal reality of life for an NFL QB.

I love the kid's game and hope that he can stay healthy enough to provide some major entertainment for a lot of years to come. He seems like a very mature, classy guy, and I am a fan of how he plays.

History, though, is not on his side. He's not particularly big like a Cam Newton. Even if he manages to stay relatively healthy, he will still inevitably miss games, and/or play at less than 100%.

I was hoping RGIII could show critics he could be an effective pocket passer...and while he did show that rocket arm of his at times he's not the same without his legs....or at least that threat....and it effected Al Morris as well.

I agree somewhat but his knee was so bad he just had a tough time simply moving around in the pocket as well. If his knee was even adequate enough to move around in the pocket I think he would have done better. Didn't help that he was going up against Seattles D also.

I saw some rumors of ACL and PCL and that is really bad, I really hope he is ok and all that rumors aren´t true. I want him to comeback 100% so he and Luck can have a fair matchup and hopefully Luck proves he is better, I dont want Luck to be the best choice just because RG3 is injury prone.

RG3 hopefully you are ok and in case you are injured hopefully you have a speedy recovery and come back 100% for next season, try to prove me wrong thinking Luck is better than you!

I posted this in another thread too, but it pretty much sums up that RG3 is in for a dose of reality next yr.. Teams will figure out how to defend the read option this offseason and RG3 will have to become a more prototypical QB. He has yet to prove that he can do that in the NFL and only time will tell, but I look for RG3 to have more growing pains next season, whereas the other rookie QB's have already had their growing pains. I know RG3 supporters will jump in and try to defend their boy, but I've said all yr. that we won't see the true RG3 till after next season. If he proves me wrong, I'll happily admit it. I think he can be a good QB, but I honestly don't think he's this awesome great QB that is transcending the game. It's just not going to happen.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pete-prisco/21511391/monday-musings-blame-your-offense-redskins-not-rg3

Where are these rumors coming from. ACL & PCL would be really bad. Very long recovery

The sources are reputable enough that I'm not counting on Griffin being around next season at this point.  That said, there's still a decent enough chance it's not true.

I posted this in another thread too, but it pretty much sums up that RG3 is in for a dose of reality next yr.. Teams will figure out how to defend the read option this offseason and RG3 will have to become a more prototypical QB. He has yet to prove that he can do that in the NFL and only time will tell, but I look for RG3 to have more growing pains next season, whereas the other rookie QB's have already had their growing pains. I know RG3 supporters will jump in and try to defend their boy, but I've said all yr. that we won't see the true RG3 till after next season. If he proves me wrong, I'll happily admit it. I think he can be a good QB, but I honestly don't think he's this awesome great QB that is transcending the game. It's just not going to happen.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pete-prisco/21511391/monday-musings-blame-your-offense-redskins-not-rg

I've been saying the same things. Funny how all the Redskin fans have stopped with all stuff to the contrary. Statistics usually don't lie. If you carried his stats out from the week 13 game when he hurt the knee , it works out to about 160 carries for 1000 yards. That kind of stuff will not only sideline him but will probably destroy that 4.3 speed in 3-4 years. NFL defenders are not going to let a 215LB QB run through and around their defense for 1000 yard seasons. They will deliver the nastiest hits as frequently as it takes to end that kind of stuff. If you look at all the other "running QB's" , they ran about 70-80 times a year for few years and then settled in to more conventional offenses. John Elway , whom 1 redskin poster compared RG3 to ran about 55 times per year. Shanahan is and was a pig. He wanted to win this year and as a result , he has a QB that hasn't learned what he should have at this point. Hopefully that the extent of this and there is no serious damage to the knee.

Where are these rumors coming from. ACL & PCL would be really bad. Very long recovery

Maybe but Adrian Peterson tore 3 in his knee and came back to start the season and lead the lead in rushing, almost breaking a long standing rushing record. Anything in today's medical treatment plan can be done almost. Hate to see the kid broken like this though. Hope he comes back normal.

Maybe but Adrian Peterson tore 3 in his knee and came back to start the season and lead the lead in rushing, almost breaking a long standing rushing record. Anything in today's medical treatment plan can be done almost. Hate to see the kid broken like this though. Hope he comes back normal.

AD tore his acl and mcl. A torn acl and pcl is a much worse injury

Well that sucks.. He seems like a good kid

Yeah, just a little more hard-headed than I'd like.

The PCL is the real problem here.  That'll be tougher to bounce back from than an ACL/MCL.

It is definitely not a good sign it is taking so long for the Skins to make an announcement about his knee. When the knee was first injured they couldn't wait to come out announce the results from the MRI was negative. Now, they are sending him to Pensacola to get extra tests done. If I was a Skins fan, I would be preparing myself for some pretty bad news.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/07/rgiii-headed-for-more-tests-on-knee/

I was honestly more bummed out for RG3 than I was for us Colts fans yesterday (I've come back to my sense's) 

I respect what he was trying to do, but after that second T.D pass, he looked so uncomfortable it was really difficult to watch. 

He didn't need to be out there risking everything, but then again, that's why we're not pro football players, it takes the rare cat to even get a sniff at this game. 

Again, it was really hard to watch that game and not go.. why is this kid out there. 

No matter what happens, he'll heal up and be ready to go again, but these things add up. I hope the IRG3 types don't get the last laugh...

oh btw 12>10

The sources are reputable enough that I'm not counting on Griffin being around next season at this point.  That said, there's still a decent enough chance it's not true.

At least you guys have Cousins. Dude looked really good except for that last series.

Everybody on hear knows if they seen my posts i always defend this coaching staff and RG3. This post I cannot. They are reporting on a local sports radio show Kevin and Rock (DC PEOPLE MAY KNOW THEM)they have a source inside redskins park that told them initially on the Haloti Ngata hit he did sprain his LCL but when he came back in the game he sprained his ACL as well. The Shanahans Snyder RG3 and select others kept it secret and let him play. Our whole future was put on the shoulders of this kid and you risk his career for a few wins? Im so livid as a fan right now it's unreal. Im also hearing from a buddy that knows players and some front office staff the the new injury thats being reported a slight mcl and acl tear is much worse that its a complete tear of both and he most likely will miss all of the 2013 season. I forgot to add that Dr Andrews is gonna have to do a surgery just to see how bad it is....Then weeks later do the surgery to fix the ACL and MCL so RG3 will need 2 surgeries. Another problem is this is his second time tearing that same ACL

EDIT: I just read through all posts....RGIII- Im hearing his PCL is fine so thats a little good news

At least you guys have Cousins. Dude looked really good except for that last series.

I really like how Cousins came in cold & moved the ball yesterday. If he would have been inserted in the 3rd quarter yesterday, the outcome might have been different. No, I'm not blaming Dr. Andrews, RG3, or HC Mike Shanahan, but this game is all about adjustments & by halftime RG3 had no speed & was hobbling around like a wounded duck out on the field. You're objective as HC is to win the game forget about ruffling your fan base or your starting QB. I knew the SeaHawks had the game won when RG3 couldn't hit that 2nd or 3rd gear at the half. 

http://youtu.be/Kf04zlExM8c

RG3 will be alright after a grueling recovery regimen IMO. 

Ugh, situation doesn't sound good. Ya never know until the full facts come out, let's hope for the best. I have a history of knee injuries primarily due to 1, playing basketball with boots on haha and 2 ICE!!! I hate ice. It brings back memories hearing stuff like this. I tore my MCL, ACL and meniscus however nothing was incredibly torn. Didn't need reconstructive however but over the years, my knee is toast. Fortunately I'm not an athlete however.

Ugh, situation doesn't sound good. Ya never know until the full facts come out, let's hope for the best. I have a history of knee injuries primarily due to 1, playing basketball with boots on haha and 2 ICE!!! I hate ice. It brings back memories hearing stuff like this. I tore my MCL, ACL and meniscus however nothing was incredibly torn. Didn't need reconstructive however but over the years, my knee is toast. Fortunately I'm not an athlete however.
Off subjest why in the HECK did you play basketball in boots...lol

Off subjest why in the HECK did you play basketball in boots...lol

Good point, probably because I was being a derp!!! Wasn't thinking went, down to grab the ball and heard my knee rip like a rag. It was game over after that none the less. Good thing was I never did it again, one thing I do well is learn from my mistakes haha .

I like Cousins but he is not the player people thought he was after that Browns game.  I cannot emphasize enough how easy the Browns made that game on him by keying in relentlessly on the run and essentially ignoring the pass.  The reality is that he makes both more and worse mistakes with the ball than Griffin and is infinitely more susceptible to pressure.  He's obviously not ready to be a starter but at least we have some time to prepare him for it if the worst comes to pass.

Everybody on hear knows if they seen my posts i always defend this coaching staff and RG3. This post I cannot. They are reporting on a local sports radio show Kevin and Rock (DC PEOPLE MAY KNOW THEM)they have a source inside redskins park that told them initially on the Haloti Ngata hit he did sprain his LCL but when he came back in the game he sprained his ACL as well. The Shanahans Snyder RG3 and select others kept it secret and let him play. Our whole future was put on the shoulders of this kid and you risk his career for a few wins? Im so livid as a fan right now it's unreal. Im also hearing from a buddy that knows players and some front office staff the the new injury thats being reported a slight mcl and acl tear is much worse that its a complete tear of both and he most likely will miss all of the 2013 season. I forgot to add that Dr Andrews is gonna have to do a surgery just to see how bad it is....Then weeks later do the surgery to fix the ACL and MCL so RG3 will need 2 surgeries. Another problem is this is his second time tearing that same ACL

EDIT: I just read through all posts....RGIII- Im hearing his PCL is fine so thats a little good news

I'm sick of Redskins fans being livid over things that they hear, most of which conflict with other things that they've heard over the last 24 hours and none of which are even close to being verifiable.

Color me extremely skeptical that a slight MCL/ACL tear can be worse than a full tear, by the way.  I don't doubt that it's not a superior prognosis much of the time but even with a partial tear you still have the option of total replacement.

I really like how Cousins came in cold & moved the ball yesterday. If he would have been inserted in the 3rd quarter yesterday, the outcome might have been different.

Really?  Noramlly I tend to lean your way on things, but not here. Did we watch same game?  Cousins had gone 2 of 3 for 27 yards right after coming in. From then on, he basically had two 4 and outs going 1 of 7 for 4 yards. RG3 had the Skins in the lead hobbling until halfway through 4th.  He fell apart, and so did their hopes.

Really?  Noramlly I tend to lean your way on things, but not here. Did we watch same game?  Cousins had gone 2 of 3 for 27 yards right after coming in. From then on, he basically had two 4 and outs going 1 of 7 for 4 yards. RG3 had the Skins in the lead hobbling until halfway through 4th.  He fell apart, and so did their hopes.

He didn't stand a chance playing against that secondary.

MRI results aren't always as easy to read as you'd like to think.

What's sketchy to me about it is after the Ngata hit in the post game Shanahan and Synder couldn't wait to tell everyone it was a "sprain". MRI came back pretty quick on that one.

What's sketchy to me about it is after the Ngata hit in the post game Shanahan and Synder couldn't wait to tell everyone it was a "sprain". MRI came back pretty quick on that one.

Fun fact: a sprain is a tear.  What other diagnosis would you have expected?

he could be run into the ground by the coaching staff

That's what Shanahan does or is it his son. They did it in Denver to the RB's and I knew he'd do it to RG3. They'll run him into the ground and it'll be a crying shame if his career is cut short.

RG3 didn't help himself by not being upfront to Shanny about his injury (if that's even true), but Shanny's presser was full of bleep. Andrews himself said he never examined RG3 and wouldn't have recommended him playing that day and Shanahan just Bleeped his way around the comment when the reporters asked him about it.